Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Dumbledore is gay
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.20.2007, 10:29 AM   #1
startur
bad moon rising

startur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's asses
i feel my sexuality being challenged

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/books/story/2...edore-gay.html

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has revealed that she conceived of one of the major characters, Hogwarts school headmaster Albus Dumbledore, as gay.
She drew a round of applause from a packed house in New York's Carnegie Hall on Friday after making the revelation in response to an audience question.
Rowling, appearing in New York as part of a North American book tour, was asked if Dumbledore ever found "true love."
"I always thought Dumbledore is gay," she said and explained that the character had fallen in love as a young man with Gellert Grindelwald, who later became a rival.
Dumbledore was "terribly let down" when Grindelwald turned out to be more interested in the dark arts than good, and the love turned into a "great tragedy," as he must destroy Grindelwald in battle, Rowling said.
"Falling in love can blind us to an extent," she said.

The audience gasped in response to the explanation, then applauded.
"I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy," she said.
Rowling said she had already revealed Dumbledore's sexuality to David Yates, director of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, after seeing a scene in the script in which Dumbledore reminisces about an attraction to a young woman.
She said she crossed it out and wrote "Dumbledore is gay" over that section of the script.
The film version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the sixth book in the series, is due for release late next year.
Rowling is giving readings from the final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, in a tour that will bring her to Toronto next week for an appearance at the International Festival of Authors.
Rowling added that she always regarded her novels as a "prolonged argument for tolerance."
Harry Potter fans have long speculated over Dumbledore's sexuality, in part because of his mysterious past and lack of ties with female characters.
Websites devoted to the books about the boy wizard are now buzzing with the news, with mixed reaction from fans.
Some fans welcomed the news about Dumbledore, saying it adds a new dimension to the story, but others said it was unnecessary for Rowling to make the revelation.
startur is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 10:31 AM   #2
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I thought you were saying dumb people are gay.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
hagrid sex.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 10:34 AM   #4
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses

ALL HAIL BUTTSEKS
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 10:36 AM   #5
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
My money is on Gandalf coming out next
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 10:36 AM   #6
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I say Harry's best bud, he did not look very masculine to me. And he was always eyeing Harry.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 12:40 PM   #7
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
golem is the secret pimp
Old 10.20.2007, 12:55 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
dumbledore's got some hogwart's gloryholes to service!
Old 10.20.2007, 01:40 PM   #9
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Harry's gay too. And Snape is definitely gay.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 02:07 PM   #10
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Now the Harry Potter books try to subvert your children into Satanism and homosexuality.

This next on FOX NEWS.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 02:13 PM   #11
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Her book sales must have been dropping off
Old 10.20.2007, 06:15 PM   #12
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm, I call shenanignans on JK Rowling's bullshit. I guess she wants to tap into the homosexual market - I mean, we all know that gays don't read enough, eh?
Old 10.20.2007, 06:51 PM   #13
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Now the Harry Potter books try to subvert your children into Satanism and homosexuality.

This next on FOX NEWS.

oh god, i was just about to say this!

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 06:55 PM   #14
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Hmm, I call shenanignans on JK Rowling's bullshit. I guess she wants to tap into the homosexual market - I mean, we all know that gays don't read enough, eh?

She is after the pink pound/dollar/yen/rouble!
Old 10.20.2007, 07:07 PM   #15
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom

I think she's just been reading too much fanfiction.

But srsly, since the series has ended, she has publicly shared some more information about the pasts/futures of certain characters, so to me this doesn't seem like anything other than that. IMO, she should have put gay Dumbledore in the books, or at least made it a bit more apparent. I don't think she just decided all of a sudden to say he was gay, to win fans or whatever (as if she needs to, and anyway, judging from people's reactions she is losing more fans than she's winning). Anyway, with many of the other male characters in the books, she has mentioned things in the series that lead you to believe that the characters are straight, or at least, not gay. I find it hard to believe that she accidentally never did the same for Dumbledore, and then because of that just decided she would make him gay after the fact. People are always accusing her of just making up this stuff as she goes along, and pulling things out of left field, but most of those people haven't even read the books. They'll see a movie and think they know what's up. And where the hell is Alex's Trip when I need him, I'm sure the both of us could write our own novels on the homoerotic tendencies of the Harry Potter books.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 10:17 PM   #16
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
i kinda think the whole harry potter thing in general is pretty gay... and for children.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2007, 11:00 PM   #17
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I can care less because I've never read a single word from the series anyways, but the way I heard it was she read the screenplay for the next film in the series and there was going to be a original scene in the movie that wasn't in the book showing this character's past in a relationship with a woman. And it was then that she told the director, in her view has always been gay, so it would be silly to put this in the film.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2007, 12:20 AM   #18
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I think she's just been reading too much fanfiction.

But srsly, since the series has ended, she has publicly shared some more information about the pasts/futures of certain characters, so to me this doesn't seem like anything other than that. IMO, she should have put gay Dumbledore in the books, or at least made it a bit more apparent. I don't think she just decided all of a sudden to say he was gay, to win fans or whatever (as if she needs to, and anyway, judging from people's reactions she is losing more fans than she's winning). Anyway, with many of the other male characters in the books, she has mentioned things in the series that lead you to believe that the characters are straight, or at least, not gay. I find it hard to believe that she accidentally never did the same for Dumbledore, and then because of that just decided she would make him gay after the fact. People are always accusing her of just making up this stuff as she goes along, and pulling things out of left field, but most of those people haven't even read the books. They'll see a movie and think they know what's up. And where the hell is Alex's Trip when I need him, I'm sure the both of us could write our own novels on the homoerotic tendencies of the Harry Potter books.
Do we even need to write novels on it? I mean, Jesus, he lived in a closet for 11 years. Do we really have to explain anymore?
Old 10.21.2007, 12:30 AM   #19
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
I know this one girl who reads Harry Potter erotica written by fans.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2007, 12:31 AM   #20
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
I know this one girl who reads Harry Potter erotica written by fans.
You know Lux in real life?!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth