Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Mr Lonely - Harmony Korine
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2007, 07:44 AM   #1
The Usher
stalker

The Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's asses
I was wondering if anyone else was looking forward to the new Korine film coming out...it's been such a long wait for something new from him to surface, I'm starting to get very excited.

For me, Harmony is an absolute genius, who's kinda out there on his own in cinema, let the worship begin!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Lonely

The Usher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2007, 07:48 AM   #2
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Very interested to see this; Julien Donkey Boy is pretty much my favourite film and Gummo was intensely amazing and psychedelic as well (in a grim, bleak, mesmerising way)

EDIT: just read the wiki piece. sounds fucking tremendous
Old 06.28.2007, 07:49 AM   #3
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I want to see a Harmony Korine film where he ends up being pushed into a tub of boiling lard by an angry rhino.
Old 06.28.2007, 07:51 AM   #4
The Usher
stalker

The Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I want to see a Harmony Korine film where he ends up being pushed into a tub of boiling lard by an angry rhino.

Fool.

Old 06.28.2007, 07:56 AM   #5
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Usher
Fool.

Maybe, but who's the bigger fool - he who is fooled, or he who points out the fool, or the fool who....ah, I give up. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I really liked "Julian Donkey Boy". His new one sounds very bizarre on paper....I'll certainly check it out when it hits the UK.
Old 06.28.2007, 07:58 AM   #6
The Usher
stalker

Quote:
Maybe, but who's the bigger fool - he who is fooled, or he who points out the fool, or the fool who....ah, I give up. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I really liked "Julian Donkey Boy". His new one sounds very bizarre on paper....I'll certainly check it out when it hits the UK.

So by now agreeing that you like his films, it's pretty obvious that you are the fool.

Either way, I think this films gonna push his work into a new and great direction, and hopefully a more prolific one.

Old 06.28.2007, 08:04 AM   #7
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

Quote:
So buy now agreeing that you like his films, it's pretty obvious that you are the fool

If you think I'm merely a fool, try spending an evening drinking with me...actually, talking of foolishness, what could be more "foolish" that attempting to make a film based on picking real-life fights with random strangers? From what I recall, Harmony actually had filmed a couple of fights before stopping the project. Could you imagine actually sitting through a film of real fights?
Old 06.28.2007, 08:27 AM   #8
sarramkrop

It sounds like the sort of movie that I'd enjoy, or certainly the sort of life that I'd like to live.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2007, 09:28 AM   #9
The Usher
stalker

Quote:
If you think I'm merely a fool, try spending an evening drinking with me...actually, talking of foolishness, what could be more "foolish" that attempting to make a film based on picking real-life fights with random strangers? From what I recall, Harmony actually had filmed a couple of fights before stopping the project. Could you imagine actually sitting through a film of real fights?

Why is a good film only defined by what you can imagine as good or bad. I actually think that that film could have been quite beautiful, I'm sure some elements are quite amazing. Why would you define this concept a foolish? It's only that the idea scares you, that you think it's stupid. Within that project, apparently Harmony was quite fucked up, on drugs and in a bad place, I think it's totally fascinating what a film maker will push himself to do, even if it involves having the shit kicked out of him. Apparently some of the footage will one day be released...

Old 06.28.2007, 10:00 AM   #10
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

I deliberately put "foolish" in speech marks, as I'd imagine that would be the general consensus regarding this particular project. I certainly don't feel threatened/scared by this idea, as it happens, but I'd certainly feel a bit odd at watching such footage. I am of course aware of the hypocrisy of liking stylised/theatrical violence and being weirded out by seeing real violence on screen. As for you first question, well, opinions of good and bad films are of course highly subjective, mine included. What I imagine to be good/bad/indifferent may or may not vary with you.

EDIT: Talking of stylized violence, the murder scene in Larry Clark's "Bully" is pretty unpleasant, but also is very well filmed and acted.
Old 06.28.2007, 10:44 AM   #11
random homie
bad moon rising

random homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's assesrandom homie kicks all y'all's asses
mo'fucka needs more ))<>(( if you no what da fuk i mean
random homie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2007, 11:01 AM   #12
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by random homie

Uh, word up, blud.
Old 06.28.2007, 01:06 PM   #13
The Usher
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by random homie

Absolutely, whatever you're on about!

Old 06.28.2007, 01:07 PM   #14
The Usher
stalker

Quote:
I deliberately put "foolish" in speech marks, as I'd imagine that would be the general consensus regarding this particular project. I certainly don't feel threatened/scared by this idea, as it happens, but I'd certainly feel a bit odd at watching such footage. I am of course aware of the hypocrisy of liking stylised/theatrical violence and being weirded out by seeing real violence on screen. As for you first question, well, opinions of good and bad films are of course highly subjective, mine included. What I imagine to be good/bad/indifferent may or may not vary with you.

EDIT: Talking of stylized violence, the murder scene in Larry Clark's "Bully" is pretty unpleasant, but also is very well filmed and acted.

Don't start getting all defensive, it was you who started with the stupid comments. Whatever dude...

Old 06.28.2007, 01:23 PM   #15
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
seems like an interesting storyline. have not seen a huge amount by him but will check it out for sure.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2007, 01:46 PM   #16
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Looks great. He was very funny on the Letterman shows a couple of years back.
Old 06.28.2007, 01:56 PM   #17
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

jon boy - what Harmony Korine stuff have you seen?
Old 06.28.2007, 02:04 PM   #18
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not really a fan of his films, but i met chloe sevigny for a little while last weekend.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2007, 02:22 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

For me, Harmony is an absolute genius, who's kinda out there on his own in cinema, let the worship begin!

hm, i go to mass on tuedsays. your standards for "absolute genius" are pretty low though. he's ok.

the premise sounds interesting, i'd like to see what he does with it. but fawning? i gotta see it first.

Quote:

i'd pay to see that! live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
i'm not really a fan of his films, but i met chloe sevigny for a little while last weekend.

was she sporting cumstains on her dress?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2007, 02:23 PM   #20
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
not this time, but she was really nice...even though i'm sure i got some vgstds from her.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth