Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.01.2016, 10:48 PM   #7521
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
i don't mean that kids shouldn't play futbol. i mean that kids shouldn't be recruited for professional sports in elementary school. its bad when Olympic sports do it and i don't think its inherently good for kids in professional futbol either. psychologically. or even physically depending on injuries.

btw basketball or American football isn't inherently any easier than futbol and both are hyper athletic when compared to futbol.

it takes then as much or even more skill than futbol

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2016, 10:56 PM   #7522
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
having played all of those sports i can say basketball is the most skilled and physically demanding.

i enjoy futbol because its similar in tactics to basketball but basketball requires so much more skill, thinking, and athleticism

Old 07.01.2016, 10:57 PM   #7523
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
i don't mean that kids shouldn't play futbol. i mean that kids shouldn't be recruited for professional sports in elementary school. its bad when Olympic sports it and don't think its inherently good for kids in professional futbol either. psychologically. emotionally. and in some respects physically depending on injury
you're right-- they should join gans and become corner boys instead

okay, seriously now-- there are a lot of disciplines and sports that require early training. like, swimming-- if you don't swim from age 7 or so you won't develop the lung capacity require to compete when you're 16.

i think there's a difference between training and pushing children. a good coach or teacher will encourage and make you want to become great at something-- martial arts, the piano, baseball, whatever. a shitty one will bully and shame and punish and turn you into a neurotic mess if you don't perform. it's the how and not the when that can cause the damage you're talking about.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2016, 11:41 PM   #7524
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

generally professional sports take it above and beyond. it is what it is im just saying philosophically i don't like it.
for American sports its an increasing trend btw, with youth and amateur leagues becoming increasingly professionalized.

Old 07.02.2016, 11:37 AM   #7525
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
in a fair world, this would probably be the final

PLACE YOUR BETS

i really don't know what will happen but am so looking forward to it
Old 07.02.2016, 12:06 PM   #7526
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

PLACE YOUR BETS

i would like to see italy win.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2016, 12:33 PM   #7527
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
i would like to see italy win.
i love the way italy has been playing, but as a bundesliga fan, i am torn

aghhhhhhh!
Old 07.02.2016, 04:50 PM   #7528
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Weird game and bizaaaaaaaaaaarre penalties
Old 07.02.2016, 09:20 PM   #7529
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Are you kidding? I want Wales vs Iceland!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2016, 10:15 AM   #7530
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Are you kidding? I want Wales vs Iceland!
i haven't seen them play yet but i think they've had lucky runs vs. weakened opponents. if iceland can defend against griezmann today then maybe. i haven't seen france play yet either but i hear they're still not 100% as a team-- but griezmann is griezmann, and did you see what he did to bayern?
Old 07.03.2016, 02:25 PM   #7531
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i haven't seen them play yet but i think they've had lucky runs vs. weakened opponents. if iceland can defend against griezmann today then maybe. i haven't seen france play yet either but i hear they're still not 100% as a team-- but griezmann is griezmann, and did you see what he did to bayern?
stop hating on Iceland. of course they have capitalized on some good luck but i wouldn't go so far as to say they merely got lucky. they know as much as anyone that they probably don't stand a chance but that is really all part of the fun of single elimination game tournaments. i mean hey, in a best of 3 or 5 or 7 the best team always wins but that is the fun of futbol and even American football and college basketball. ANY team always has at least a chance to upset.

Old 07.03.2016, 02:50 PM   #7532
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
stop hating on Iceland. of course they have capitalized on some good luck but i wouldn't go so far as to say they merely got lucky. they know as much as anyone that they probably don't stand a chance but that is really all part of the fun of single elimination game tournaments. i mean hey, in a best of 3 or 5 or 7 the best team always wins but that is the fun of futbol and even American football and college basketball. ANY team always has at least a chance to upset.

4-0 at halftime, fool

I'm not "hating" Iceland, their dream was sweet, but WAKE UP TIME
Old 07.03.2016, 03:19 PM   #7533
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

PLACE YOUR BETS

horrible game. penalties were nerve-wracking time tho. i wanted italy to go. damn! now i hope france will kick some german ass. OR?

Old 07.03.2016, 03:22 PM   #7534
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
4-0 at halftime, fool

I'm not "hating" iceland, their dream was sweet, but WAKE UP TIME

FRA 5 - 1 ISL now. yeah it seems like no miracle is happening. but fair play to them getting so far and sending england home!

also, I don't think portugal deserves to get so far ...sorry

Old 07.03.2016, 03:37 PM   #7535
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
FRA 5 - 1 ISL now. yeah it seems like no miracle is happening. but fair play to them getting so far and sending england home!

Oh well fine LOOK what I really want is for Cristiano Ronaldo NOT to win this tournament.

How can one not hate this fucker?

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2016, 03:47 PM   #7536
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
4-0 at halftime, fool

I'm not "hating" Iceland, their dream was sweet, but WAKE UP TIME
yeah but you are and were just declaring the very obvious. a blind person could have matched your predictions there

the fun of Iceland is not that they had even a remote chance to beat France so much as it was absolutely delightful that such a team had advanced that far and yes as was noted sent England home.

in American football playoffs the non contending teams know they aren't winning the Superbowl, the fun part is seeing how many teams they can take home with them.

also in making people like Ronaldo look absolutely foolish and even petty

Old 07.03.2016, 03:56 PM   #7537
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
They played with everything in the 2nd half though! Respect.

Holy shit they even did their slow clap at the end. Fuckers are awesome.

And yeah France vs Germany should be a great match

Quote:
Oh well fine LOOK what I really want is for Cristiano Ronaldo NOT to win this tournament.

Ha ha ha ha
Old 07.03.2016, 03:56 PM   #7538
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:

i think portugal should not be as far as they got and i hope they wont get any further. and ronaldo? ...4 fuck sake...

Old 07.05.2016, 02:06 AM   #7539
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I'd agree, I'd agree...
Portugal got through thanks to 3 draws, no victory at all during the first stage.
Scored one against a weird Croatia team during extra time.
Drew again against Poland and had to wait for the penalty shoot out verdict.

Plus... they don't play well (Renato Sanches aside).

I hope Wales reaches the final.
Robson-Kanu's goal against Belgium was brilliant.

And I hope France goes through as well.
They've been soooo lucky.
First, the fixtures (arranged by French people I guess) were in their favour:
Being the first of their group, they would play against a team that had been 3rd in its own. And it was Ireland. France had more time to rest than the Irish for that game.
Next is England collapsing.
Now, it's a German side with no proper forward (Gomez is out), a possible gap in defensive midfield (Khedira is out, Schweinsteiger, 78 years old, is not 100% fit), and a central defence that will be new (Hummels will be suspended for the semi; I'd say though Boateng's been more impressive during this tournament).

The game should be fun to watch as the French defence isn't too good.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2016, 12:53 PM   #7540
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i hate this kind of thing, but getting through draws is how anyone can get to the top of a tournament like this with some luck. not that i wish it-- not in the least-- but worse shit has happened before and portugal could squeak by with very little merit. i'm sick and tired of ronaldo closeups. but sanches is going to bayern!

haven't seen wales play so i don't know what to expect but i'll try not to miss tomorrow.

as for forwards, i know that mueller has been out of it this summer but he can be a very effective false 9/centerforward. more so than gomez who is a lumbering beast and can generally do only one thing.

can can (ha!) likely cover ably in the midfield, ably enough if not at the same level as the missing/injured players. there is no lack of midfielders in germany so they can swap places no problem i think. kroos could come down (he used to play that spot) and gotze go in behind mueller, for example. that would be a sweet combo if they drink their coffee that morning.

the real weak spot for germany is the lack of central defenders with hummels out. that's a burning hole, there. and yes, boateng is a beast, but griezmann made mincemeat of him at the champions league, so.... that should make things VERY interesting in that zone , unless loew really packs the defense somehow, but even then...
327367374375376 377 378379380387427477 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth