Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page WFMU
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.13.2009, 11:50 AM   #1
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
As far as I can see, there's no specific thread about how amazing WFMU is, so I figured I'd make it.

Love love love this station so very much. It's just the wonderful repository of great music from every single possible corner of my interest, and I somehow feel that so many of the shows on it just exactly click with my attitudes about music that it's creepy. Several of the shows on there have introduced me to whole new genres of music, such as Coffee Break for Heroes and Villains, which played a massive part in my getting into hip-hop, just through how fucking amazing Noah's taste is. The only radio station where I can just tune into a show that's playing stuff I've mostly never heard before in my life, and still know that I'll love 90% of it. And there's their great releases, their blog, their free music archive... My heart just goes all gooey over these guys basically.

So yeah, show some love, talk about your favourite shows (personally at the moment they're Coffee Break for Heroes and Villains and my long-term obsession The Airborne Even with Dan Bodah), link to the archives of broadcasts you've loved, etc...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2009, 12:53 PM   #2
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I've been meaning to check this station out properly for a while as the only 3 shows i know on it are all good

Mudd Up! with DJ Rupture
Brian Turner's show
Media Squat with Douglass Rushkoff is good mostly (it's a talk show though)
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2009, 01:16 PM   #3
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
I have them bookmarked thanks to when they did the live 4th July SY show in 08. Right now I can''t hear them thanks to this idiot PC I'm driving. I did peruse their site though and it is everything that the Earl says it is. WERS - Emerson College here in MA is very simular and the reason I fell in love with college radio. Commercial free another exciting option but the real gem is picking the golden nuggets of an album as oppose to the million dollar seller (ie instead of playing Money they play The Great Gig in the Sky)
Old 11.13.2009, 07:57 PM   #4
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
yeah i love rushkoff's show (i'm reading life inc. right now)...the rupture show is great as is trouble on thursday mornings...reggae on sunday mornings...and liz berg's show whenever it is on...scharplings best show is pretty fun too!...the only show i dont like is three chord monty...three hours of boring garage rock every tuesday afternoon...blech

wfmu is the greatest and best radio station in the world
Old 11.13.2009, 07:58 PM   #5
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
and they broadcast live from the atps and shit
Old 11.13.2009, 07:58 PM   #6
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

and they got me into black mayonnaise
Old 11.14.2009, 09:07 AM   #7
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry, when I said Airborne Even I meant Airborne Event. That show is so killer. It introduced me to the awesomeness of this, for one. And tons of other amazing drone and out rock.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2013, 03:39 AM   #8
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
can someone suggest to me shows with country music?
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 01:46 PM   #9
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
In all the years I've lived in NYC whether Manhattan or Brooklyn their signal is never strong enough and I've never been able to listen to it.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2013, 03:51 PM   #10
chris2159
little trouble girl

chris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, a great station which you can get via internet in Europe too. Regularly enjoy the Cherry Blossom Clinic on Saturdays. There was a short piece on this site, by Lee about WFMU, can’t remember where……… ….. Here - http://www.sonicyouth.com/dotsonics/...ose/index.html
chris2159 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2014, 02:11 PM   #11
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
TONIGHT 9PM EST - Monday, January 6, 2014

Chris & Cosey will be on WFMU talking about the tour of the States and spinning rare material.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth