Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Wolf Alice
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.10.2015, 03:11 PM   #1
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone familiar with these guys?

Anyone seen them live?

I have been seriously, seriously geeking out on them for just nearly a year now, and with their debut album's release coming up, I can barely handle my anticipation. Easily the most excited I have been for any release since The Eternal.

Not sure if it's just being a kid of the 90s or what, but I find a really fresh vibe with them while also getting an awesome shot of nostalgia.

Was really just curious what you all's thoughts were on them, and if anyone has seen them play? What are your thoughts of their live show?
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2015, 05:05 AM   #2
bloodcrystallisetosand
bad moon rising

bloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's asses
My missus heard them on the radio so I put together the singles and eps on a cd for the car. Pretty cool little band, loadsa potential. I'm pretty shit at keeping up with new stuff, especially anticipating a debut, but I'm keeping my ear to the ground for these guys.
bloodcrystallisetosand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2015, 06:29 AM   #3
waleed121
empty page

waleed121 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Not sure if it's just being a kid of the 90s or what, but I find a really fresh vibe with them while also getting an awesome shot of nostalgia.

Old 03.16.2015, 02:41 PM   #4
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by waleed121

Not sure what to make of this. Is it mocking or simply reiterating w/o the quote? The fact you created an account to make this your only post intrigues me as well?

Either way, I stand by the statement, confused as it may seem, ha.

And amazingly enough, they announced a Dallas gig literally days after I posted my first post, which I got tix for, so am really excited to see what they bring live. Those singles and EPs are what I have been listening to for awhile now too. The show is unfortunately before the album's release. But, I guess that could be a cool thing. Might be nice to see the tunes played live before really learning them.
Old 05.26.2015, 06:10 PM   #5
Peterpuff
stalker

Okay, sorry to revive thread, but had to share. Saw these guys in Dallas over the weekend, and I HIGHLY recommend some of you all check them out. They sounded great, and were soooo energetic. It's always nice to see a band out there like this, doing it for the right reasons, playing great music...and all before their actual debut album has release. They are certainly in that "hungry for it" phase of a band's life that is always fun to witness.

Nice, 90s nostalgia rock with a good sense of melody. I really think a lot of you would get a kick out of the guitarist's techniques as well. Some really good "texture" playing. And damn, the "punchy" parts of the songs really punched well. I often found myself thinking, "damn, this is way heavier than I thought it would be."

Anyways, I will shut up now and stop bumping thread. Just trying to share a band I think is well, well worth sharing.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth