Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page video games
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.20.2019, 04:18 PM   #221
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I love it because everything is editable, from rosters, to characters. the game mechanics are dope. you are allowed two or three different ways to pitch and bat, and you can adjust your "ego" from 0-100 to determine the difficulty of the AI opponents.

the teams are co-ed, and the refs are co-ed as well.

cool stuff.

Gonna have to check this out. My work bud and I were just recently talking how we have not played any baseball game worth a shit lately.

I am not the biggest sports game fan, but I do enjoy them from time to time. I will certainly geek out on Fifa for extended periods.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2019, 03:48 PM   #222
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
@NR did you get Tetris Effect by any chance?

I don't have a PS4. I haven't really been a fan of Sony hardware in like a decade really. I currently have Switch, Xbox One, 3DS, Wii U in my house.
Old 03.21.2019, 03:49 PM   #223
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Have you played the Puyo Puyo version?

Me and a pal of mine used to play a Puyo Puyo mod he used to have on his comp from back in like..1999. That game was so great. They finally released it for the States about a year or so ago bundled with Tetris, and combined the two in a few modes.

If you like Tetris, and have not checked it out, I highly recommend it, simply for the Puyo Puyo portion. That is hands down the best "battle puzzle" game of that style I have ever played.

I played the hell out of Puyo Puyo Tetris, yeah. I actually had imported it on Xbox One and then picked it up on Switch in 2017. It was the second Switch game I bought after BOTW, and for most of 2017 my Switch was basically just a Puyo Tetris machine. Haha.

So yeah, I loved that game. But... I think I now love Tetris 99 even more. I have something stupid like 45 hrs into it already. I'm up to 12 wins now.
Old 03.21.2019, 04:08 PM   #224
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

So yeah, I loved that game. But... I think I now love Tetris 99 even more. I have something stupid like 45 hrs into it already. I'm up to 12 wins now.

Ya, I went and checked some vids after reading your last post. That new Tetris looks intense as hell actually.
Old 03.21.2019, 05:53 PM   #225
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I’ve been messing with it. Been trying the defensive and offensive strategies...but not sure which is better yet.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2019, 09:43 AM   #226
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I’ve been messing with it. Been trying the defensive and offensive strategies...but not sure which is better yet.

my usual strategy is start the game w/ it set to KO's. And once I rack up at least 50% multiplier (or 75%+ if I'm staying in good control) I tend to switch over to Attackers and unleash the fury.
Old 03.26.2019, 10:41 PM   #227
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Anyone playing APEX Legends here?

It's kind of awesome.

if anyone's playing this on PS4, hit me up

my buds and I play on PC

it's so frantic, i always die before i can get a hang of things

not so sure im big on the PUBG battle royale games

i'm playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided rn though. always great breakup medicine. something about this franchise.

The deus ex games are just so perfect. I love the world: all the cyberpunk and augmentation stuff; the story, the stealth aspects, hacking, gradually customizing my character to fit my play-style. I dont know why the series never caught a break. It's like cyberpunk fps splinter cell w dialogue choices which alter the entire story. I still have yet to play the original. My first exposure to the series was Invisible War on the original Xbox, and I went to Human Revolution from there.

Also started playing Borderlands 2 for the first time w a friend last night. That was really fun. I love the weapon variety.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2019, 10:48 PM   #228
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of PS4... i hope they get dirt cheap(er) soon.

I'm dying to get my hands on Spider-Man, The Last Guardian and whatever latest NHL game I can get for cheap. Maybe when they announce the PS5.

Dont wanna pay much whatsoever tbh
Old 03.29.2019, 12:25 AM   #229
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Me likey Monster Hunter World

Old 03.29.2019, 03:06 AM   #230
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
You got MHW? What weapon are you using? I might jump on again. I only got to like level 70ish think? I was gun made. Hella grinding.
Old 03.29.2019, 10:12 AM   #231
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

I enjoy dual blades. Speed of the combat with em makes the game seem all the more action packed
Old 03.29.2019, 11:27 AM   #232
noisereductions
invito al cielo

MHW is fantastic. It was my intro to the series. I picked up MW3 recently actually.
Old 03.30.2019, 02:20 PM   #233
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

had been craving a shooter...so I downloaded APEX for PS4...this is fun!
Old 03.30.2019, 02:22 PM   #234
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

can your PC handle Apex, Jose?
Old 03.30.2019, 06:54 PM   #235
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I have so many unfinished games that I think I need to chill.

RDR2
Farcry 5
BattleTech: Roguetech mod
Civ VI
XCOM2
Hearts of Iron IV
like, 130 hours played on Rimworld
and a freshly started Floslo Assimilbot Empire campaign of Stellaris.

I think 90% of the games I like are made by Paradox.

I'd play Apex, but the servers would be full of bogans, and the ping like a cavernous echo.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2019, 09:58 PM   #236
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
can your PC handle Apex, Jose?

I don't think so. Not with out GFX. I've been so bad with getting one...
Old 03.31.2019, 12:48 AM   #237
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I have so many unfinished games that I think I need to chill.

RDR2
Farcry 5
BattleTech: Roguetech mod
Civ VI
XCOM2
Hearts of Iron IV
like, 130 hours played on Rimworld
and a freshly started Floslo Assimilbot Empire campaign of Stellaris.

I think 90% of the games I like are made by Paradox.

I'd play Apex, but the servers would be full of bogans, and the ping like a cavernous echo.

What do you think of Battletech? I actually just got it.
Old 04.02.2019, 10:02 AM   #238
Peterpuff
stalker

Battlefield V's Battle Royale mode is okay, but a little faster and more "arcade" feeling then I think I would like it to be.

I tried Apex out. Went through the training and entered one game. Got lucky enough to be randomly matched with a duo of badasses, and got carried to a win while sucking horribly (although I would like to think the few healing thingies I threw out helped a tad, ha).

Not sure I want to play it again. It seemed fun, but the idea of "retiring" with a 100% win rating sort of amuses me...
Old 04.03.2019, 08:45 AM   #239
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Brought Ocarina of Time to my gf's since she's gonna be at work while I'm here alone chilling. At the Water Temple and considering just using a guide cause I cannot be bothered. It's still my fav game of all time though. Majora's Mask is much more on my level in terms of atmosphere and ideas but there's just something so... perfect about Ocarina of Time. It's kinda like Majora's Mask is EVOL or Sister but OOT is Daydream Nation heh.

Speaking of atmosphere though wwwwow, I forgot how good the Forest Temple is. You really get the feeling that something noble or aristocratic existed there hundreds of years ago and what once was is just barren concrete overrun with moss and mutated plants. The game's obsession with the passage of time manifests itself in more ways than one heh. It's a nice novelty to go outside into a little courtyard too. The Phantom Ganondorf boss is fun and the image of shooting Ganondorf coming out of the paintings is so cool. I lost a few bottled fairies to the volleyball part though, I just couldn't get the rhythm right for some reason. Now that I think about it, I think locking on actually makes it harder. Oh well. And the music!! As a kid I was always drawn to the melodic tunes and thought the music for the Adult Link dungeons was annoying, non-existent or too abstract but wow I was wrong, the Forest Temple music is absolutely perfect.

Can't wait to get to the Shadow Temple. I still remember the creepy faces, the guillotines, the bloody rooms with the chains and cuffs. Also the crazily patterned hallways where you could only find your way with the LENS OF TRUTH. Nintendo would not be so bold and intentionally off-putting in their design nowadays most likely. Looking forward to it. This playthrough has had me thinking about how much aesthetic experience factors into enjoyment of a game. Gameplay is the core thing but incredible games have their own set of aesthetic values, for me anyway (I'm a Castlevania and Metroid fan so yeah its probs obvious).
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2019, 09:01 AM   #240
Peterpuff
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Brought Ocarina of Time to my gf's since she's gonna be at work while I'm here alone chilling. At the Water Temple and considering just using a guide cause I cannot be bothered. It's still my fav game of all time though. Majora's Mask is much more on my level in terms of atmosphere and ideas but there's just something so... perfect about Ocarina of Time. It's kinda like Majora's Mask is EVOL or Sister but OOT is Daydream Nation heh.

Speaking of atmosphere though wwwwow, I forgot how good the Forest Temple is. You really get the feeling that something noble or aristocratic existed there hundreds of years ago and what once was is just barren concrete overrun with moss and mutated plants. The game's obsession with the passage of time manifests itself in more ways than one heh. It's a nice novelty to go outside into a little courtyard too. The Phantom Ganondorf boss is fun and the image of shooting Ganondorf coming out of the paintings is so cool. I lost a few bottled fairies to the volleyball part though, I just couldn't get the rhythm right for some reason. Now that I think about it, I think locking on actually makes it harder. Oh well. And the music!! As a kid I was always drawn to the melodic tunes and thought the music for the Adult Link dungeons was annoying, non-existent or too abstract but wow I was wrong, the Forest Temple music is absolutely perfect.

Can't wait to get to the Shadow Temple. I still remember the creepy faces, the guillotines, the bloody rooms with the chains and cuffs. Also the crazily patterned hallways where you could only find your way with the LENS OF TRUTH. Nintendo would not be so bold and intentionally off-putting in their design nowadays most likely. Looking forward to it. This playthrough has had me thinking about how much aesthetic experience factors into enjoyment of a game. Gameplay is the core thing but incredible games have their own set of aesthetic values, for me anyway (I'm a Castlevania and Metroid fan so yeah its probs obvious).

I have had Breath of the Wind sitting at home for so long now, unplayed. Just have not gotten around to starting it. I think you have just inspired me to get started on it tonight.

Great write-up on Ocarina, too. Damn, that really was such a perfect game...
91011 12 131415 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth