Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Best new/most anticipated albums of 2019
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.15.2019, 03:00 PM   #261
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
New JPEGMafia album is quite insane.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2019, 10:21 PM   #262
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard good things.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2019, 10:22 PM   #263
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
also, I FUCKING LOVE EXCEPTER. I'm Facebook friends with John Fell Ryan.
Old 09.15.2019, 10:26 PM   #264
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
Work, Work, Work is still my favorite. Produced by Zebrablood from Excepter, one of my favorite bands.

Their 3rd member committed suicide during the recording. It's awful and tragic, but the emotion that came through is earth shattering. I've been a fan since their first album.
fyi corbin had nothing to do with work (it was jonny and nigel working with a 50% finished record with sean's parts/conceptual vision) but did a bunch of programming stuff with them for psychic (I think on about 4 or 5 tracks, not the whole thing) when they recorded with him in ny/santa fe, and he played with them as part of blazer when they were doing some shows out here last year.

new record is great, beautiful circularity in them returning to a space comparable to where they were starting but coming at it from a completely different perspective.

they did a mix for nts last week, a lot of unreleased sketches/demos for the record and a bit of old (old) stuff too https://www.nts.live/shows/guests/ep...september-2019 also touring the US next month

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2019, 10:27 PM   #265
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
New JPEGMafia album is quite insane.
this guy is a gross bigoted pig and I simply adore his 4chan gamercore listener base just ignoring the homophobic racist crap he pumps out. hip hop for incels in their mothers' basements.

Old 09.16.2019, 03:34 PM   #266
d.sound
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
fyi corbin had nothing to do with work (it was jonny and nigel working with a 50% finished record with sean's parts/conceptual vision) but did a bunch of programming stuff with them for psychic (I think on about 4 or 5 tracks, not the whole thing) when they recorded with him in ny/santa fe, and he played with them as part of blazer when they were doing some shows out here last year.

new record is great, beautiful circularity in them returning to a space comparable to where they were starting but coming at it from a completely different perspective.

they did a mix for nts last week, a lot of unreleased sketches/demos for the record and a bit of old (old) stuff too https://www.nts.live/shows/guests/ep...september-2019 also touring the US next month
Schooled! I saw his name credited somewhere. Discogs maybe?

And super thanks for the nts link!
Old 09.16.2019, 07:33 PM   #267
Kuhb
children of satan

Kuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's asses
The new Pixies, (Sandy) Alex G and Tropical Fuck Storm are great. Loving all three atm.
Kuhb is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2019, 08:01 PM   #268
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Schooled! I saw his name credited somewhere. Discogs maybe?

And super thanks for the nts link!
maybe through him doing the video for bendin? he's definitely all over psychic though

Old 09.16.2019, 08:06 PM   #269
d.sound
the destroyed room

Pixies are still a thing? I figured after the loss of Kim and those terrible EPs they would've given up. (sorry. I love their 80s/early 90s stuff)

I keep getting recommend Alex G but I haven't tried him yet. Is this the best place to start?

Tropical Fuck Storm. That's a band I'll try just for the silly name.

I have to say, I'm unimpressed by the new Charli XCX. It is not as experimental as she said. Maybe it will grow on me.

I'm excited for a local's new album, Galen Tipton, on Orange Milk.
Old 09.16.2019, 09:18 PM   #270
Kuhb
children of satan

Kuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's asses
I've had this discussion on here many times haha, but I think the new Pixies material is great and the new album is the best of the reunion stuff.

Alex G is like psychedelic Elliott Smith, I love it.

Don't sleep on TFS. Watch this and you'll get the vibe https://youtu.be/WU5NaEmpSAg

Quote:
Pixies are still a thing? I figured after the loss of Kim and those terrible EPs they would've given up. (sorry. I love their 80s/early 90s stuff)

I keep getting recommend Alex G but I haven't tried him yet. Is this the best place to start?

Tropical Fuck Storm. That's a band I'll try just for the silly name.

I have to say, I'm unimpressed by the new Charli XCX. It is not as experimental as she said. Maybe it will grow on me.

I'm excited for a local's new album, Galen Tipton, on Orange Milk.
Kuhb is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2019, 12:08 AM   #271
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I’m lame. I only got into them in 2014 with Psychic 9-5.
So after digesting that album, I made my way to Nostalgia and Marty Me Tonight. Work (Work Work) is probably the one I’m least familiar with, but I definitely dig the vibe of thy album, though it is pretty bleak.

I wasn’t even aware of the Excepter connection, but fuck yeah Excepter.

YEAH BUT FUCK YEAH 1999 REISSUE. Wassa matter with you?

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2019, 02:21 AM   #272
d.sound
the destroyed room

I just want to go back, back to 1999
I just want to go back, to hit me baby one more time...

Can't deny it's catchy as hell!
Old 09.17.2019, 04:19 AM   #273
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I just want to go back, back to 1999
I just want to go back, to hit me baby one more time...

Can't deny it's catchy as hell!

Except it's from 1982, but point taken.

"Little Red Corvette" may well be my favorite Prince song of all time. By the way, that extraordinarily evocative guitar solo, as disarming to me as Lou Reed's on "I'm Set Free", was not played by The Purple One but by Dez Dickerson.

Incidentally, Lisa Coleman has a couple of beautiful instrumental albums available via Bandcamp: https://lisacoleman.bandcamp.com/

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2019, 07:46 AM   #274
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this guy is a gross bigoted pig and I simply adore his 4chan gamercore listener base just ignoring the homophobic racist crap he pumps out. hip hop for incels in their mothers' basements.

Legitimately don’t know what you’re referring to. I can barely make out what he’s saying and if he’s making a greater point it’s beyond me. I have never been to 4Chan, but if there’s something I’m missing ...

Like, he’s homophobic? I don’t even know. I’ve never heard anyone make that assertion before, but OK.

EDIT: Actually ... evidence of homophobia, please?
Old 09.17.2019, 07:47 AM   #275
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
YEAH BUT FUCK YEAH 1999 REISSUE. Wassa matter with you?

Definitely fuck yeah to 1999 reissue, but I will really lose my shit when Sign O gets such a treatment. Salivating at the thought
Old 09.17.2019, 11:43 AM   #276
d.sound
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Except it's from 1982, but point taken.

Winky face means you are aware I'm referring to the Charli XCX song?

Are we talking a1999 Pixies reissue? I can't remember that far back. They had that BBC album about that time I think. That was surprisingly good.

As for Prince, I gotta give it to Pussy Control.
Old 09.17.2019, 12:08 PM   #277
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Are we talking a1999 Pixies reissue?
No it's Prince 1999 album reissue. I wouldn't mind hearing the bonuses and demos etc of this era, but I am with Sev here, would be more looking forward to a Sign O The Times reissue

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2019, 06:25 PM   #278
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Legitimately don’t know what you’re referring to. I can barely make out what he’s saying and if he’s making a greater point it’s beyond me. I have never been to 4Chan, but if there’s something I’m missing ...

Like, he’s homophobic? I don’t even know. I’ve never heard anyone make that assertion before, but OK.

EDIT: Actually ... evidence of homophobia, please?
https://genius.com/amp/Jpegmafia-lee...eestyle-lyrics

Old 09.17.2019, 07:59 PM   #279
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the exact thing you just sent me
The song is possibly Peggy’s most jarring track. Intentionally rapping three verses full of stereotypes and ignorant banter. In an effort to make other marginalized groups feel how a black person feels when they are racist towards them. And how useless fighting amongst each other is when the real opposition is apparent. An explanation was put in the description of the song as seen below:
This song is a response to racism and prejudice from other marginalized groups. Its purposely offensive, in an effort to prove that talking down to each other gets us no where and makes us lose focus on real opposition. I cannot describe how racism from other groups make me feel in conversation, I’ve tried, but i cannot. So hopefully after this song, you will feel as upset and low as it makes me feel when other peoples plight compared to black peoples, how worthless playing oppression olympics is and how ugly racism from other people effected by white supremacy is.

Nice shallow read tho.

Can always count on you to swoop in and shit on a post when I make one, no matter how rarely I come here anymore. You have alerts set for me or something?

Anyway get a life friend.
Old 09.17.2019, 10:58 PM   #280
the end of the ugly

does that make it any more excusable to repeatedly say faggot or refer to asians as bottom feeders? because if so then by that logic it’s fine for a white person to use the n word.

people need to stop holding rap to a lower moral standard than other music, it’s reductive and condescending

111213 14 151617 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth