Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Videogames are not to blame for violent behavior in kids and teens.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2008, 03:41 PM   #61
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if you're aware that the average age of hardcore gamers is 29, with men making up about 60% of the playing audience.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2008, 03:44 PM   #62
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hardcore gamers. yes. they ahve been playing video games, like myself (age 34) since Pong and Pac Man and shit.

I am one of the gamers.
Old 04.23.2008, 03:44 PM   #63
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure about America, but here in Europe? Kids aren't pampered by their parents that much.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2008, 03:54 PM   #64
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
those third world nations youy mention are also not a hotbed of kids and teens spending hours playing $400 video game consoles their momas bought them. your point is MOOT

and how exactly are kids expected to be independent in the western world? parents micro manage the kids schedules. kids have nothing to do BUT play video games man!

ha ha exactly-- and on that note i read this shit this morning on the paper-- here's a related newsweek article

http://www.newsweek.com/id/133103

about "helicopter moms" ha ha ha ha.

for the record, not having grown up in amerikkka, we played all day on the street. fútbol was the sport of men and there were no moms to be seen, except when they called everyone for afternoon snacks-- my aunt made strawberry shakes that kids would line up outside her door for.

here, kids have fucking "play dates" arranged by their parents for fucks sakes. and the "soccer moms" are looking at their little chickens all day. what the fuck. so very wrong.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2008, 03:57 PM   #65
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
yes. very very wrong.

it is the culture of fear taht pervades everything in america. fear of diseasem fear of injuries, and accidents, and the unknown and predators and all that shit, even though child predation has gone down markedly since the early 80's.

keep the masses of lemmings scared and you have them under control. keep them spending money and you have them at your whim.

keep their children brain dead and retarted from staring at a TV for hours a day and you can do what you want with them, like sending 100 thousand reservists, weekend warriors, off to fight a war for the rich bastards that own the oil companies.
Old 03.11.2019, 08:36 PM   #66
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
If my little siblings are violent because of video games, it's because they get really frustrated when they're not doing well.

I relate to that too, but I'm much better about it.

And that said - I'm not a violent person, but it's so much fun gunning down the special forces in Half-Life. Because fuck the US Government.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth