Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New Track (take 2)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.19.2008, 06:44 AM   #1
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Firstly - apologies to those of you who downloaded from the previous thread.

The track was incomplete and of pretty dodgy quality. Sorry to have wasted your time.

I have reloaded the track, cleaned it up as much as I can and made sure that everything is included.

It's called 'Barajas' and is in memory of the victims of the plane crash at Madrid Airport that happened while I was there on holiday.
I flew over the site on my way home on the day after it happened and I still have nightmares about that patch of blackened earth. Writing this has been pretty therapeutic for me.

If you'd like to hear it, here's the link. I tried compressing it to MP3, but it sounded shit so I hope you don't mind me leaving as a .wav.

http://rapidshare.com/files/146562808/Barajas.wav.html

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 07:07 AM   #2
al shabbray

I like it! some spoken word would fit great

btw whats your artistname? (for itunes and blablabla)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 08:14 AM   #3
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Glad you like it.

I thought about some spoken vocals, but decided that I wanted to keep it as 'empty' as I could.

If you listen carefully there is a treated vocal sample in there tho.

The artist name is 'Organs of Battle' but we don't have anything on itunes.
If I can find a way to compress this track without it sounding wrong then I'll probably put it up on our Myspace.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 08:22 AM   #4
al shabbray

I compressed it via itunes. sounds ok on 320 kbits. but havent checked with headphones yet.
and I just wanted to put in your artist name into my itunes, cause I like to know what I hear when listening to it again.
and I really like it that way too, very moody and I recognized the vocal sample. with the story its connected to the emptyness really makes a lot of sense
thanks for sharing
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 11:31 AM   #5
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
downloading...
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth