Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.24.2016, 02:09 PM   #7681
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yep. yep yep yep.

i'd say shove bravo back to his goal and he should perform just fine

that is if the defense can function ha ha ha

damn, pep. so soon.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2016, 04:12 PM   #7682
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
and additionally....

http://talksport.com/football/manche...iola-including
Old 10.24.2016, 06:35 PM   #7683
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, talksport. I have that on every night. Listening to it right now. It's not the most reliable of sources, by any means, but if there's any truth to them it's fucking madness. If Man City have problems (and they do) it absolutely isn't with Silva (trust me on that one) or Aguero - easily the best out and out striker in the Prem and probably one of the top 5 in the world. Priority has to be defence. Kompany's great but made of glass and John Stones seems increasingly error-prone and will never be a 'solid' option in defence. Pep should break the bank and get Diego Godin, but he clearly doesn't want defenders like that. His whole system kind of defines itself against them. But he deserves time to get things right and criticisms of Pep pale beside those being levelled at Mourinho right now. I really wonder if he hasn't burnt himself out. At least with Pep teams, they stand or fall on his principles. It almost feels like Mourinho's just given up. Like the intensity has just evaporated.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2016, 09:18 AM   #7684
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yeah i was looking for news of pep and found that stuff about silva. i didn't know that's a radio show! (you say you're listening).

godin could work-- i've seen him charge ahead on the attack much like boateng did under pep. why not? as long as he moves around pep is happy.

as for mourinho-- evil is tiring! ha ha ha ha.
Old 10.26.2016, 03:35 PM   #7685
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
League Cup: I see United is beating City 1-0 with about 15 minutes to go. Don't you people shit on Bravo this time; he's not even playing.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2016, 04:12 PM   #7686
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
League Cup: I see United is beating City 1-0 with about 15 minutes to go. Don't you people shit on Bravo this time; he's not even playing.
i think bravo is great, i think pep making him play as a midfielder (lol) is fucked up and inexcusable
Old 10.27.2016, 03:42 AM   #7687
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I accept the reasons why Pep ousted Hart, even though I'm not convinced by this obsession with playing out from the back. Teams are working out how to neutralise it, to the point where I just think it presents more risks than potential benefits. How many goals have Man City scored through this sweeper-keeper thing, compared with conceded as a result of it? But Pep's committed to it so either Bravo improves in that area or he needs to get someone who's better at it, and I can't see him wrenching Neuer from Bayern. I was critical of Bravo at first but I'm starting to feel sorry for him now. He's being made to look incompetent, which he obviously isn't.
Old 10.27.2016, 03:56 AM   #7688
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

godin could work-- i've seen him charge ahead on the attack much like boateng did under pep. why not? as long as he moves around pep is happy.

The problem doesn't seem to be the mobility of defenders, but encouraging them to pass back to the keeper so much. Stones was crucified for it last week, against Southampton, but it came from an ideology imposed by Pep. It has to be a basic function of any defender to minimise risks before anything else. I think it's great having a keeper who's good on the ball but that should be treated as a bonus, and used when necessary, not something you build an entire method around.
Old 10.27.2016, 06:49 AM   #7689
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The problem doesn't seem to be the mobility of defenders, but encouraging them to pass back to the keeper so much. Stones was crucified for it last week, against Southampton, but it came from an ideology imposed by Pep. It has to be a basic function of any defender to minimise risks before anything else. I think it's great having a keeper who's good on the ball but that should be treated as a bonus, and used when necessary, not something you build an entire method around.
ah, yes. but pep is a religious fanatic who will torture players and teams into the baroque shapes he wants or destroy them in the process.

hilarious thing ribéry said after pep left bayern--that he lacked experience ha ha ha. and that he talks too much but football is actually very simple.

i dont think it's so much lack of experience as being too immersed in his own head/thoughts/idealism. it's like... a communist leader who wants to reprogram society... and ruins it, with the best intentions

maybe i exaggerate but only to clarify my point
Old 10.27.2016, 08:14 AM   #7690
demonrail666
invito al cielo

We basically agree. The only difference (maybe) is that i do really want his way to come good. Id still rather watch one of his teams play than any other. West Ham aside, obviously, but thats different.
Old 10.27.2016, 08:32 AM   #7691
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
We basically agree. The only difference (maybe) is that i do really want his way to come good. Id still rather watch one of his teams play than any other. West Ham aside, obviously, but thats different.
well i really wanted his way to come out good when he was running bayern. and when they did it was pure magic.

problem is he neglected the defense and we know the results of that, in the end.

even though neuer and boateng became amazing under him-- the defense as a whole became weak and vulnerable.

like-- putting lahm as midfielder maybe gave you a good midfielder-- but left a hole on bayern's right back. rafinha did improve under pep though.

a bit of a zero-sum game in that sense. we all expected him to do great things and he did but he also broke others and in the end a case of parturient montes, considering.
Old 10.28.2016, 07:27 PM   #7692
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

problem is he neglected the defense and we know the results of that, in the end.

Yeah, they broke the all time Bundesliga records for the least amount of goals conceded in a season and the most amount of clean sheets.
Old 10.29.2016, 11:13 AM   #7693
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, they broke the all time Bundesliga records for the least amount of goals conceded in a season and the most amount of clean sheets.
ah ha ha. okay. point taken.

but consider that they dominate that league financially and pilfered their biggest opposition, which was dortmund. well, dortmund was otherwise pilfered as well, so that didn't help. kagawa, gotze and lewandowski made dortmund great but were taken, reus stayed but got injured a lot.

when it came to big teams though, real madrid beating them 4-0 was a memorable horror.

his idea of defense as not letting the opponent have the ball only works when the opponent can't counter. not sure if that's what's happening to him in the prem at the moment.

sadly when it came to important games bayern under pep always had a huge 2-lane tunnel down the middle. he did go from 2 holding midfielders to 1. the clean sheets belong to the extraordinary sweeper-keeper. i don't believe the system would have work with anyone else but neuer.

granted, there was also bad luck and injuries--badstuber, javi martinez, spent the years in physiotherapy-- but things like moving lahm up as a "most intelligent" midfielder deprived bayern of one of the greatest fullbacks in the world. you could see this at the world cup-- germany suffered until they returned lahm to his rightful place.
Old 10.29.2016, 12:27 PM   #7694
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
ah ha ha. okay. point taken.

but consider that they dominate that league financially and pilfered their biggest opposition, which was dortmund. well, dortmund was otherwise pilfered as well, so that didn't help. kagawa, gotze and lewandowski made dortmund great but were taken, reus stayed but got injured a lot.

when it came to big teams though, real madrid beating them 4-0 was a memorable horror.

his idea of defense as not letting the opponent have the ball only works when the opponent can't counter. not sure if that's what's happening to him in the prem at the moment.

sadly when it came to important games bayern under pep always had a huge 2-lane tunnel down the middle. he did go from 2 holding midfielders to 1. the clean sheets belong to the extraordinary sweeper-keeper. i don't believe the system would have work with anyone else but neuer.

granted, there was also bad luck and injuries--badstuber, javi martinez, spent the years in physiotherapy-- but things like moving lahm up as a "most intelligent" midfielder deprived bayern of one of the greatest fullbacks in the world. you could see this at the world cup-- germany suffered until they returned lahm to his rightful place.

No, it was a cheap point that I made. I know the Bundesliga stats flatter Bayern. Pep's not gonna be remembered as a great defensive coach - even though the stats do prove he's not exactly bad in that area, either. And big losses against Real Madrid and Barcelona were, at the end of the day, against Real Madrid and Barcelona - and in CL winning seasons, at that.
Old 10.29.2016, 02:55 PM   #7695
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
No, it was a cheap point that I made. I know the Bundesliga stats flatter Bayern. Pep's not gonna be remembered as a great defensive coach - even though the stats do prove he's not exactly bad in that area, either. And big losses against Real Madrid and Barcelona were, at the end of the day, against Real Madrid and Barcelona - and in CL winning seasons, at that.

yes one of those years dortmund had a major collapse, scraped the bottom table, and klopp ended quitting, remember?

anyway at the CL there was also juve , who had a disallowed morata goal. game ended 4-2 for bayern but that disallow put the game elsewhere psychologically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa8ZgyLFQXw

and of course atletico

it's always the same fucking achilles heel with pep. always always always.

fast attack down the middle, POW

ACHILLES.

ps- i see man city is 1st and just won 4-0 haaa haaaa haaaa
Old 10.30.2016, 06:22 AM   #7696
demonrail666
invito al cielo

No manager's perfect. I've seen him make some howlers already at Man City. But I just think that following Jupp straight after they'd won the CL (and obliterated Barcelona along the way) he was on a hiding to nothing at Bayern, with any mistake pounced upon by fans as a step backwards.We'll never know how Jupp would've done had he stayed, against a re-booted Barcelona or a Real reinvigorated after their meltdown under Mourinho, or a Juventus that was really starting to click under Conte or against what Simeone was doing at Atletico. Fan's need never ask how he might've dealt with an increasingly ailing Schweinsteiger.
Old 10.30.2016, 02:59 PM   #7697
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Incidentally, you fine mighty football cats may have noticed that after Manuel Pellegrini finished his contract with Manchester City he hasn't coached any club in The Premiership, La Liga, La Ligue 1, Das Bundesliga, La Serie A or even a national team. Guy went for a $eriou$ly lucrative offer from some damn Chinese club. Dude, how much money can you fuckin' need? HO!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2016, 04:35 AM   #7698
demonrail666
invito al cielo

The money China's throwing around is ridiculous. Like you say, how much do these people need? It's even more insane for players. Apparently Hulk earns more there than Suarez and Neymar do at Barcelona.
Old 10.31.2016, 09:38 AM   #7699
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i didn't know he had gone to china but smart money move ha ha

yeah that place is bananas. i wonder if it's a profitable league or if it's some kind of money laundering scheme or what's the story.

sustainable? or opera in manaus?
Old 10.31.2016, 02:48 PM   #7700
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I doubt that it's profitable. A quick check on google looks like stadium attendances aren't that high, and as long as they continue to give tv coverage to the major european leagues, I can't see it being anything more than a vanity project for a few billionaires. Although I don't think it'll be long before we see those same billionaires starting to buy up some of the big european teams. They already have Inter Milan and Atletico is rumoured to be next on their shopping list.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30910664
335375382383384 385 386387388395435485 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth