Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Jane's Addiction NME Music Awards April 23rd
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2008, 12:48 AM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
With all of them including Eric Avery. Supposedly it's going to be broadcast somewhere on the internet. I'm definately watching.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2008, 08:53 AM   #2
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
After that last record I have a hard time bringing myself to care, but if Avery's back it might be a good step.

Jane's were one of the bands that really got me into music though, so I AM curious.
dionysusundone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2008, 11:34 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i do love the old jane's addiction man. so bad.
Old 04.21.2008, 02:57 PM   #4
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. I love the old Jane's so hard. I really hope they go further than just the music awards and do one last tour. Their last album had some good songs on it, especially the leftover one from their early days " Everybody's Friend ". If they decide to tour though unfortunately, Eric Avery won't be part of it.
Old 04.21.2008, 09:40 PM   #5
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
After, what, 18 years of not wanting to have anything to do with Perry, Eric Avery choses some stupid awards show as the right moment to rejoin the band? What, he couldn't wait for the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame? Is he dying or something? He doesn't want to tour with them, he doesn't want to create new music with them.. but he does want to play at some big corporate hack magazine event with them? Has he been replaced by Bizarro World Eric Avery in this months issue?

The NME is a bunch of shit. Someone should tell him. (Tell the others too.. Dave won't care.)
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2008, 09:44 PM   #6
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
PS - I'm sure Eric Avery's decision to play with Janes again after so many years of refusing has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the fact that his debut solo album is out this month...
Old 04.21.2008, 09:47 PM   #7
Katy
the destroyed room

PPS - I have a cold. It's making me all cynical, bitter and bad-tempered. Ignore me. Yay! Jane's Addiction!
Old 04.22.2008, 11:08 AM   #8
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
i do love the old jane's addiction man. so bad.

Me too. I've seen them live at the time of ''Ritual De Lo Habitual'' and they were great, Perry Farrell looked like a fucked up s&m barbie. After that, no interest whatsoever.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2008, 07:10 PM   #9
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Perry Farrell is a self obsessed junky. Well, he WAS a self obsessed junky back in those days. He's my favorite singer ever though, if not my favorite than very close. He has such an amazing sense of melody. His vocals are mind blowing in the live version of Jane Says http://youtube.com/watch?v=nXKXL8OlpUM.

Too bad Navarro is such a tool now. Him and Avery had great senses of melody too. Jane's Addiction's sound was pretty much all about melody, with perkins and his conga drums on his drumset.
Old 04.22.2008, 08:24 PM   #10
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Yeah man Navarro is just a disappointment. From "Whores" to whoring himself to anything that offers. Shame.
dionysusundone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2008, 12:00 AM   #11
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Still though. Jane's Addiction was well worth the attention after Ritual De Lo Habitual. Primarily for their live shows. I had the opportunity to see them on their last tour. Can't even describe in words the intensity of their shows. http://youtube.com/watch?v=lBwgyXxScoM . That video is from 91 but that is exactly what they were like when I saw them.
Old 04.23.2008, 12:45 PM   #12
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

http://www.myspace.com/nmemagazine

The awards part with the performances starts tonight at 9.
Old 04.23.2008, 12:57 PM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Jane's asddiction's Nothing Shocking and the eponymous one jump started my freakdom back in 9th grade. Holy fuck they scared me at the same time as they excited my ears and brain. the video for Stop, just fucked me up, seeing how CRAZY these guys were. How fucking spaz junkie they looked. I miss those days and I cursed perry Farrell for breaking up the jane's at their peak.
Old 04.23.2008, 05:10 PM   #14
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I fucking love Jane's they also have great bootlegs & cover versions of which I have most. For those who haven't seen Soul Kiss or Gift do check those small films out, they also contain some music videos...

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2008, 12:41 AM   #15
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

That was unusual. They played in a very odd detuned manner . Didn't really sound right, too low
Old 04.24.2008, 12:49 AM   #16
Katy
the destroyed room

the NME is shit
the NME is shit
the NME is shit
Old 04.24.2008, 10:24 PM   #17
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Yea I watched the whole awards. Not very impressed. But Jane's was great, even though they played a full step lower than their songs are normally played. Odd, didn't quite sound right
Old 04.25.2008, 02:30 AM   #18
Katy
the destroyed room

Janes were good, the NME is still shit. Eric Avery looked like the Hulk. He has apparently spent his time away from the band diligently injecting steroids. Woof.

PS - bass was really high in the mix. Intentional?
Old 04.25.2008, 02:56 AM   #19
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i hzavent heard them in ages, perrry and dave annoy me. but three days is a one hell of a mindfuck straight to the brain ( very good)

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 12:09 PM   #20
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy
Eric Avery looked like the Hulk. He has apparently spent his time away from the band diligently injecting steroids. Woof.

PS - bass was really high in the mix. Intentional?

Yeah Eric Avery was freaking HUGE jeez. What's up with that? But yeah the bass, did you notice that they were detuned? They were like a whole step lower than standard.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth