Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Wire Magazine's 50 Records Of The Year
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.21.2006, 02:03 PM   #61
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I was thinking that too. He writes for Plan B, a magazine that I hate but keep finding myself buying because they keep on writing about one decent band among all the hipster crap.

I used to subscribe to The Wire, but stopped because I found that in one copy in every three I was only reading the reviews. I'm thinking of starting again now though.

Yes, Plan B is quite poor but they do seem to put one interesting thing a month in there. I got a free copy of the one with Boris and Sunn0))) on the cover, which was nice, but I wouldn't pay money for it. I haven't bought the Wire for ages either...but I might get this end of year one.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2006, 02:11 PM   #62
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Aww, I liked my free PlanB from ATP. I liked the Deerhoof article and the Ron Asheton interview by Thurston.

(And the fact that they reviewed Sean Lennon's new Beatlesy pop record by saying "Come on Sean, be your own man. Go and join Wolf Eyes or something. You don't see Zowie Bowie carrying on like this." )
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2007, 08:32 AM   #63
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
despite what the lord thom yorke says, drums not dead was one of the worst albums of the year. on the converse, if one's able to set aside their pretention then maybe they'll find that the justin timberlake album is actually really good.

then again, it's not indie cred, so i'm wasting my breath.

pleeease, im probably less-indie than 80% of this here SY board...ie-I would bet im in the lower ranks....drums not dead defines a great album to me: its focused, doesn't meander, doesn't try to question too much or be intellectual, and it really fits together like a puzzle....this is the main reason why i can't get into Yo La Tengo stuff (just an example), because they follow a fantastic shoegazey song like Cherry Chapstick with something completely different, its like a mood breaker....its all over the place and it plays like some 'greatest hits' or something (sorry to be dissing on YLT, i really do like them, but just can't get into any of their albums deeply)....
davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2007, 02:23 PM   #64
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
i'm not sure if this is in the new issue or not (my town hasn't gotten it in yet).

i was at least expecting the new OOIOO, growing, and tv on the radio to go on there. other than those, the list is pretty much what i thought it was gonna be.

i was really surprised no tv on the radio love on that list

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth