Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page More SY Summer Shows Being Announced MAY 1
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.26.2006, 09:38 AM   #21
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by holy-reverb!!
They will. At least i hope so. But hey, its Canada, there is no reason why they would not play a few shows. Like Toronto. Or I will even travel to Ottawa or Quebec. But they will play Toronto and Vancouver befor any other city in Canada.

Okay nice. I can get to Toronto or Montreal, I just really hope that they come to Ottawa as well. Just anything would be good, I've never seen them live yet
Old 04.28.2006, 12:06 AM   #22
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
more shows down under:
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/20...onicyouth.html

Sonic Youth to Tour Australia

Sonic Youth (photo by Ros O'Gorman)
by Andrew Tijs

April 27 2006
Seattle noisemakers Sonic Youth are set to tour Australia in July, right after they release their sixteenth album ‘Rather Ripped’.
They’ve been arbiters of indie noise cool for over two decades now, so it’s a bit of a stretch to claim the ‘Youth’ in their moniker, but posers and indie geeks alike worship these pre-grunge punk tastemakers. On the year of their twenty-fifth anniversary Sonic Youth will release ‘Rather Ripped’ on June 3 and will play three shows in Australia to celebrate.
Over the years, the hugely-influential New York band have made difficult music, combining noise and avante garde beat poetry and outlasting most of the post-punk bands that they emerged alongside in 1981. They were included in the nascent grunge movement during the early-‘90s, which is where they picked up most of their current fanbase.
It’s worth arguing that more people say they listen to Sonic Youth than actually do listen to Sonic Youth, so the proof of the pudding will be at their solo shows in Melbourne at the Palace on July 24 and in Sydney at the Enmore on July 26. Curious punters will also get a chance to see them at Splendour In The Grass.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 01:13 AM   #23
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
aj jaj jaj. nice.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 01:15 AM   #24
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm getting pretty antsy.......
Old 04.28.2006, 04:43 AM   #25
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
it's about time. I was really worried that they would not embark on a full tour. But I guess that was just my usual paranoid thinking. I hope they play a show w/ the Flaming Lips near Massachusetts.
i really hope so
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 05:00 AM   #26
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
everyone talking about the US.. but what about Europe? Sonics haven't been there for a long long time! UK at least.. please

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2006, 12:34 AM   #27
funhouse
little trouble girl

funhouse ain't too shabbyfunhouse ain't too shabby
i hope they play NYC soon, i need to see them! i hope they play a few nyc shows like maybe one or two in Brooklyn like at Southpaw, Northsix, or Warsaw. And then a few NYC shows like at Webster Hall, Irving Plaza, Roseland. That would be amazing!
funhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth