Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page fender jazzmaster help
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2006, 03:47 AM   #1
j_hindsight
empty page

j_hindsight has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i love this guitar but it's a pain in the arse.

replaced the bridge with a mustang bridge but the saddle for the high e string seems to have somehow sunk resulting in the string keep rubbing against the metal of the bridge and snapping mid gig.

Also the low E string keeps jumping out of it's saddle. Apart from treating the guitar like a new born any suggestions how to stop this?

i'm guessing a few people on here have jazzmasters anyone got any advice?
j_hindsight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 04:40 AM   #2
j_hindsight
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine
as far as i was aware, cant you adjust the saddlE?

i've tried but it doesn't alter it enough to stop the problem. It's weird cos it only started happening a month after i put the new bridge on.
Old 06.20.2006, 04:51 AM   #3
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
I have not jazzmaster or jag but I know that problem. I think the bridge is not exactly aligned between the tremolo and the neck so the heviest chord tends to change sled ......it could be? look if it is exactly aligned......
Old 06.20.2006, 05:09 AM   #4
connie kreski
little trouble girl

connie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant future
ever tried heavier strings ?

or use a buzzstop to increase the intonation ?

is the truss rod of your neck well set up ?

connie kreski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 05:36 AM   #5
j_hindsight
empty page

yeah i think i need someone to have a look at it who knows what they're doing. I just throw it about too much. I've looked into the buzz stop thing but i just wonder what i'll have to buy after i've bought that
Old 06.20.2006, 05:47 AM   #6
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
be carefull with that 'someone' cause 99% are great incompetents.
good luck!
Old 06.20.2006, 05:59 AM   #7
next step
the destroyed room

I'm at the point to dont give my gear to anybody here. After years I'm quite good to care about all my stuff without let damaged it to the first fool.

repeat::: being scrupulous otherwise they dont give you right attention.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth