Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page montage of heck
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.01.2015, 12:09 PM   #61
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
so hmmm there is torrent in piratebay if you are interested
and looks good quality
from the official movie site, my country isnt included but i believe some screening will occur at some point.

now..thinking about watching it tonight.
maybe.

but yeah i ll edit here later of how good of quality that torrent is!
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2015, 12:10 PM   #62
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

oh whats that movie or what? looks so nice and cool and i know this actress from somewhere. or she looks like an actress i know from somewhere.
Old 05.05.2015, 12:02 AM   #63
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
So this is really really good but i see what the grantland review was talking about it being somber, the footage was not but the soundtrack and overall theme seemed not to focus on the fun part of Nirvana and Kurt but rather insinuates tragedy

Also ive seen about 90% of everything in it already but still glad to see it again

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2015, 12:29 AM   #64
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Ok.. the 2nd half with courtney was the hilarious kurt we loved.. the somber depressing bullshit ended.. i hope the mainstream audience who watch this are laughing as much as i am

Old 05.05.2015, 01:43 AM   #65
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

What i liked most about this is it showed how courtney was part of the fun.. because of all the legal drama and because she turned into a cold bitch and villain i think we never got to see how she was part of the antics, the snarky fun, the bullshitting around... this flick really gave me a new insight about their relationship and why it meant so much to Kurt, because she really was perfect for him.

Old 05.06.2015, 07:38 PM   #66
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
The DVD is already out in the UK. In the US, it's scheduled to be released in... November! I wonder if the US version will include extras the UK DVD doesn't feature or something by the like — the cover at least will be different, not that that means jack in itself.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2015, 08:28 PM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I didn't think it was quite necessary enough to purchase or own but it was worth watching

Old 05.07.2015, 06:33 AM   #68
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Ok.. the 2nd half with courtney was the hilarious kurt we loved.. the somber depressing bullshit ended.. i hope the mainstream audience who watch this are laughing as much as i am

dang

i thought it would be common ground that the 1st half is sad and sweet and the 2nd sad and depressing.
the moment courtney enters and on, its like a major invasion to their private junkie life. raw and real though and thats smth one appreciates.

Quote:
What i liked most about this is it showed how courtney was part of the fun.. because of all the legal drama and because she turned into a cold bitch and villain i think we never got to see how she was part of the antics, the snarky fun, the bullshitting around... this flick really gave me a new insight about their relationship and why it meant so much to Kurt, because she really was perfect for him.

felt more like, although he probably was heading that way, she 'helped' this to happen for real.
aint saying she didnt love him - there are many sweet moments of affection or those notes etc.

also it seemed to me like she and his mother werent sincere during those interviews.
Old 05.07.2015, 09:48 AM   #69
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli

also it seemed to me like she and his mother werent sincere during those interviews.

Yes it did, and considering the drama that has surrounded both those women that was impressive, however I think its because Frances was involved in this, so it was like, "Shit, our daughter/granddaughter is involved so we best to be on our best behavior."

Yes, Courtney was an enabler, but still, there was clearly a natural spark and chemistry between them.

Old 05.08.2015, 08:07 AM   #70
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
oh whats that movie or what? looks so nice and cool and i know this actress from somewhere. or she looks like an actress i know from somewhere.

^^^she is Sue Heck from ABC's, The Middle.

Courtney Love spent the past couple of days in Houston.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2015, 01:48 PM   #71
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I saw this the other night. I liked the documentary over all. Yeah it was somewhat of a bummer to watch but I liked that they didn't dwell on the media's immediate response to Kurt's death, like reshowing the footage of Courtney reading the suicide note to the crowd. I enjoyed the animated stuff, and hearing the recordings of Kurt's songs. Hearing all the music as a fan was enjoyable as well. I don't think it reveals anything too unknown about Kurt's character, nothing we didn't already know, although I thought maybe his parents/sister could have talked about his chronic health issues he had. Kurt mentioned them in interviews, stomach issues, bad back, and that was one of the "reasons" he did heroin, so he said. I like that they kept the interviews intimate to the people who knew him best.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2015, 03:41 PM   #72
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

It was overall rather balanced, but i think its cuz Frances was involved so they tried to keep it authentic but tasteful. I just wish it showed more of the fun side of kurt's personality.. i mean even the animations and notebook stuff was kind of played in a darker light than should have. That shit was all the sarcastic fun of a young 20-something, but they kind of presented it all in a negative perspective.

I REALLY like the footage of kurt with baby Frances.. he looked so happy and found a way for that silly side of his personality to have more value, by being that silly dad....

That part made me happy but then also sad to realize the family that was lost too his suicide..

Old 05.30.2015, 03:52 PM   #73
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 05.30.2015, 05:23 PM   #74
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It was overall rather balanced, but i think its cuz Frances was involved so they tried to keep it authentic but tasteful. I just wish it showed more of the fun side of kurt's personality.

I do hear what you're saying about how fun Nirvana were, where most publications like to simplify it with "Kurt hated being famous" they don't see a lot of what they did was thumbing their nose at their own popularity while also pointing a big middle finger to a lot of attitudes that today seem very popular to have such as feminism and anti-homophobia, but back then no famous bands were so out-spoken about them. I mean I like that they used all the media attention to take the piss out of the media nearly any chance they got.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2015, 05:48 PM   #75
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

My favorite was how they totally subverted the mainstream music media process of guest spots, radio sound bites, and interviews. Particularly in 91 when they would make fun of the names of all the music channels and shows by saying things like "Empty TV" or "Golden Shoqers TV".. its like, come on, when if ever has such a popular band so thoroughly mocked the music press and media, and really made fun of themselves so much? It was part of the fun...

Old 06.07.2015, 05:24 AM   #76
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Buzz calling the film bullshit

TBH anyone who believed that Courtney only thought about cheating on Kurt is just silly.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2015, 08:22 PM   #77
bunnyboyz
Banned

bunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's assesbunnyboyz kicks all y'all's asses
I just watched this last night. I found the footage with Francis to be very disturbing. Its cute at first until you realize Kurt and Courtney are on heroin while there playing with her. Then it gets really sad and made me very angry at them. FRANCIS DESERVES BETTER. I thought Kurdt was smarter than that. But hes not, hes a goddamn idiot. He was no genius. Courtney is lying as usual about not cheating on him. Courtney made a Junkies promise with Kurdt when he was still alive to keep their secret a secret and to never tell anyone. We will never know the truth because Courtney promised Kurdt she would never tell. She will take Kurdts secrets to the grave and never tell anyone. The secret truth about Kurt Cobain he didnt want his fans to know is that the "Real Kurdt" is more like the Courtney Love everybody HATES and nothing like the Kurt Cobain his fans "LOVE". If every Nirvana fan knew who the "real Kurdt" was they would hate him as much as they hate Courtney. If Kim Gordon knew the real kurdt was more like the Courtney Love she hates she wouldnt want to know him or be protective of him. Kurt was living a double life and the truth was he was just like Courtney and the "Kurt" he played to fans never really existed. The Kurt he pretended to be to Sonic Youth was never the real kurt. Courtney is the only person who knew the real kurt. People ask what did Kurt see in Courtney? And my answer to that is ? HIMSELF !!!! Kurt saw HIMSELF in Courtney in a way no one else did. They were an IDENTICAL MATCH. The media tried to play it off like Opposites Attract. That was total bullshit. They were just like each other. Kurt was just as horrible, selfish, greedy, shallow, superficial, arrogant, and self loathing as Courtney was but he never gets blamed for it because hes so SUCCESSFUL !!! It sickens me how everyone turned a blind eye to his behavior because of his success. Courtney always takes the blame when Kurt was just as irresponsible and shitty as she was. Courtney played the villain so he could live a double life. She went along with the "myth" to cover up his double life of being just as horrible as her. This documentary disposes the "myths" and shows how horrible kurt really was. Kurt is really Courtney on a drug binge u dont want to deal with. There goes the fucking myths out the fucking window. Kim Gordon's book perpetuates Kurts myth as being a patron saint and Courtney the villain. The truth is Kim never really knew the real kurt and the real kurt was worse than Courtney. Only Courtney saw the real kurt we will never see. Courtney is the only person he could be himself around and not Kim Gordon. Kim Gordon fell for the myth just like every Nirvana fan in the world. I find her depiction of Kurt to be too similar to the myth he really wasnt.
bunnyboyz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2015, 07:26 AM   #78
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Look at you with your insider info!

Kurt would have hated this thread.

I miss King Buzzo's postings here. Maybe he's too busy with the Melvins.
Old 06.10.2015, 08:13 PM   #79
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Kurt and courtney were indeed very much alike, but he was always more the smart ass to her bing the vindictive one.

Old 06.10.2015, 08:31 PM   #80
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Kurt and courtney were indeed very much alike, but he was always more the smart ass to her bing the vindictive one.

However similar they may have been, my impression is it wasn't just smartass vs. vindictive, but smart vs. moronic. On the other hand, there was also that comment by Kurt on the liner notes to some versions of Incesticide, in which he called Courtney "the supreme example of dignity, ethics and honesty". As Nirvana fans know, I did not make that shit up...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth