Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY in Record Collector magazine, May 2006 issue
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2006, 07:20 AM   #1
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
SY are the subject of a four page interview in the May 2006 issue of the UK's Record Collector magazine. The article concentrates mainly on the Geffen era, and has barely a mention of Rather Ripped, but is a fairly good read for the SY newbie who wants a brief beginners guide to the period that picks up where the "Our Band Could Be Your Life" book leaves off.

Interesting fact: When Kim lived in LA, before meeting Thurston, she went out with Danny Elfman, who wrote the them tune to The Simpsons, which SY later covered for the Homerpalooza episode.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 11:45 AM   #2
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Danny Elfman also does all the music for Tim Burton movies...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 12:02 PM   #3
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
Danny Elfman also does all the music for Tim Burton movies...
...except for Ed Wood, which I think is his best. Not that it has anything to do with Elfman; I love his scores.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 01:57 PM   #4
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for info.
any good pictures?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 02:23 PM   #5
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
That's pretty funny... I remember Thurston dissing Oingo Boingo (Elfman's old 80s band) in an issue of Sonic Death back in the day (1994?)
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:25 PM   #6
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
Interesting fact: When Kim lived in LA, before meeting Thurston, she went out with Danny Elfman, who wrote the them tune to The Simpsons, which SY later covered for the Homerpalooza episode.[/quote]

and apparently one of kims brothers girlfriends was killed by manson. so she says in that 20 years of sy tho manson never killed anyone. wonder who it was if its true
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 10:07 PM   #7
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
wow, i didn't know that about kim. thanks for the info, this sounds like a neat article.
Old 05.05.2006, 10:08 PM   #8
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by themawt71
Interesting fact: When Kim lived in LA, before meeting Thurston, she went out with Danny Elfman, who wrote the them tune to The Simpsons, which SY later covered for the Homerpalooza episode.

Quote:
and apparently one of kims brothers girlfriends was killed by manson. so she says in that 20 years of sy tho manson never killed anyone. wonder who it was if its true

I think she probably meant that she was killed by the manson family.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 11:18 PM   #9
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemachine
...except for Ed Wood, which I think is his best. Not that it has anything to do with Elfman; I love his scores.

side note: interestingly howard shore composed the score and he has done most of cronenbergs films
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 03:53 AM   #10
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl

wow, that is an interesting tit bit of data, thanks for the heads up, i'll check out that mag

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth