Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Underrated/Overrated
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.11.2009, 10:30 PM   #61
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
What exactly are you getting at here? Because I don't really care about any of those things and they don't really have anything to do with what I said as far as I can see.

That's stupid and I don't believe it for a second. Every revolutionary band, especially the ones before and during the Beatle's era, were considered shocking by the standards of the day. The Beatles totally started out as the kind of band that did what they were told, but that's not the way everyone was and that's the reason they still can't escape the boy band thing even if it isn't exactly relevant.

Yeah, I always thought that was very interesting and impressive.

First of all, yeah I agree and that's part of what I was getting at. And second, I don't remember your point so I guess that's the case. And I was also exaggerating a little. I know you don't think EVERYTHING they did was a revelation.

edit: I was always way more impressed by John Lennon and Yoko Ono than the Beatles. I think the Beatlies were very important, but Lennon and Yoko were more revolutionary in my opinion except some things that the Beatles did, like incorporating Eastern musical ideas and writing their own songs.

I dunno man but I dont feel like psycho analyzing it anymore tonight, my fucking brain hurts.

Most of Paul's songs were weak but he had some moments.
Rather than try to get too in-depth (because it's stupid, we should be out getting laid) I'll just name the songs of why The Beatles are one of my all time favorites and influenced me the most...

Please Please Me
Anna
Strawberry Fields Forever
I'm Only Sleeping
Blue Jay Way
Their cover of "Till there was you"
Dig a Pony
Tomorrow Never Knows
I Am the Walrus
Twist and fucking shout
Yer Blues
Revolution 9
Do you want to know a secret
Norwegian Wood
Lovely Rita
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2009, 10:41 PM   #62
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the beatles and sonic youth b oth blasted through doors opened by others but in doing so, eradicated the rules that came before for generations of listenersssss
Old 08.11.2009, 10:56 PM   #63
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
overrated: The Smiths, blah blah my feelings are hurt woof woof so I'm gonna cry about it and occassionaly throw in some decent guitars, but mostly I'm gonna be all emo all the time. get over yourselves! and smiths fans are fucking WORSE than DEADHEADS!

You know this almost describes why I fucking love The Smiths. They are what they are. There's no pretense. I don't listen to them much anymore, though. But now I think I will

Underrated: Dragonforce. Oh yeah, I went there. Well at least their first album. I was in love with that for a long time.

Oh yeah and Travis!
Old 08.11.2009, 11:13 PM   #64
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
Underrated: Dragonforce. Oh yeah, I went there. Well at least their first album. I was in love with that for a long time.

You've gotta be kidding me. Dragonforce are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Old 08.11.2009, 11:16 PM   #65
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the beatles and sonic youth b oth blasted through doors opened by others but in doing so, eradicated the rules that came before for generations of listenersssss

Thank you for fuck sake, that's what I've been trying to say.

They didn't invent the wheel, they got it rollin again
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2009, 12:13 AM   #66
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
In the world of folk...

Overrated: Will Oldham

Underrated: Faun Fables
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth