Husker Du - Land Speed Record 4 9.76%
MDC - Millions Of Dead Cops 1 2.44%
Minor Threat - Minor Threat 10 24.39%
Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12.07.2006, 01:48 PM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 12.07.2006, 01:52 PM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 12.07.2006, 03:34 PM   #43
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
download em then.

demonoid.com

no. im against downloading
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 03:49 PM   #44
TroutFishingUSA
empty page

TroutFishingUSA has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
no. im against downloading

Why? Downloading the albums is actually closer in vein to the REAL spirit of Black Flag, rather than giving some retailer $20 that will be divided 46 ways and, oh yeah, "be sure" to pass on 13 cents to the "artist."
TroutFishingUSA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 03:51 PM   #45
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, but i suck in torrents. and fuck no i dont care about the REAL spirit of black flag
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 03:59 PM   #46
TroutFishingUSA
empty page

TroutFishingUSA has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
yeah, but i suck in torrents. and fuck no i dont care about the REAL spirit of black flag

I can't figure that torrent stuff out either. But at least it's good to hear that someone on here might not be stuck on some music that happened MORE THAN 20 YEARS ago. I'm just jaded because here NYC, I have to sit at bars with 40 year olds with fading tattoos of black bars and UPC codes go on and on about how great the city was back in the early 80s. Same thing with old school punk, that shit is 30 years old! I love it all, but seriously, move on, people!
TroutFishingUSA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 04:06 PM   #47
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

downloading is a crime against bad-assness
Old 12.07.2006, 05:03 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Black Flag had a spirit? You think Greg Ginn wouldn't take a punk bitch out into the alley and smack his face in for stealing his SST recordings?

the creative side of the music business is art. the other side is business. the two co-exist. shows do not get put on without a promoter, advertising, a place to play, etc. records do not get put out without someone to do it. lots of people put their own stuff out, which makes them their own management, production, distribution, etc. either way, they are putting out a product, and if you like a product ebnough you will save your allowance, get a job, sell something, whatever, to purchase said product.

file sharing is cool. downloading is a great tool to find new acts, but no band/label/promoter/distributor has ever made any money off of file sharing.

there is a reason that Jeff Pinkus started alternative tentacles, and that greg ginn started SST and that McKay started dischord, etc., and it was NOT to give their music away for free.
Old 12.07.2006, 05:06 PM   #49
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFishingUSA
Why? Downloading the albums is actually closer in vein to the REAL spirit of Black Flag, rather than giving some retailer $20 that will be divided 46 ways and, oh yeah, "be sure" to pass on 13 cents to the "artist."

multiply that THIRTEEN CENTS by a hundred thousand albums and you are taking away thirteen THOUSAND dollars away from an artist. enough to help build their own studio, help finance a small tour, help record a new album, help buy new equipment, etc.
Old 12.07.2006, 05:09 PM   #50
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
im not here for the reputation game.

Yr apparently here to start dumb fights involving yr elitist views on music and spell badly.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 05:14 PM   #51
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
yr right....however...a poor kid from a low income family shouldnt be denied art and music. besides....people do make money off downloading it...hopefully the kid will BUY IT when he has money, esp if he digs it enough.

people still like album art and liner notes.

I fully agree.
that is why I copy stuff I have bought and share it with people, like I send Shentov CDR's of music he cannot get in Bulgaria. it is a fine line but I prefer to share with people one on one, rather than just stick something I bought on a server so anyone and their mother can download it, and use it for whatever they want, which can include bootlegging.
Old 12.07.2006, 05:17 PM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I have always liked your blog dude.

now don't tell me you don't like unsane, especially the early charlie ondras on drums shit!
Old 12.07.2006, 05:36 PM   #53
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I know I'm late in the game on this , but I think Pookie has a good grasp on what these things were like at the time.
swa(y), you were in diapers while this movement was in full swing, and I think I would trust the critique of someone like Pookie, who was there and buying the stuff and seeing the shows at the time than I would your "overview" of this stuff.
Seriously.

I think putting In God We Trust as a hardcore LP is correct, and also it is correct that it is the only DK record that could be classified as hardcore.
I would say that the Misfits made only one hardcore record as well (Earth AD), and it was probably their weakest album.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 05:42 PM   #54
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

don't be talkin shit about EARTH AD boyyy!!!!!!
Old 12.07.2006, 05:45 PM   #55
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i wasnt there...but i know my history...DK's came in the late 70's...and were westcoast....hardocre came in the early 80s...it was eastcoast.

the dks kind actually knew how to play...not the most complexx shit out there...but much more complex than hardcore.

There was a fucking shit-ton of LA hardcore in the early 80s.
Not to mention the UK!
If you "know your history" so well, you'd think you would know that much.
Yeesh!
I wouldn't call the Dead Kennedys hardcore, but In God We Trust IS a hardcore album to my ears. Just like DOA had Bloodied But Unbowed, which was definitely hardcore though the rest of their stuff isn't. And yes, they are good musicians, which doesn't exclude them from making hardcore. It just makes it easier for them.

And I like Earth AD (hardcore), but not as much as the rest of their albums (not hardcore).
Old 12.07.2006, 05:46 PM   #56
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i wasnt there...but i know my history...DK's came in the late 70's...and were west coast....hardocre came in the early 80s...it was east coast.

the dks kind actually knew how to play...not the most complexx shit out there...but much more complex than hardcore.

Are you deliberately trying to misunderstand?

Your grasp of the whole issue is so slight it's not even worth arguing with.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 05:50 PM   #57
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hardcore was more of a movement, than a sound.

You have that completely back to front.
Old 12.07.2006, 05:51 PM   #58
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
the first meat puppets album was hardcore, lest we forget.

So they belonged this this hardcore 'scene' you're talking about?

Can you imagine Meat Puppets belonging to any scene?
Old 12.07.2006, 05:54 PM   #59
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
are you deliberately trying to tongue my ass?

yr from england...the only real hardcore was american...no "swedish"not "british".

fuck off.

hows that for "hardcore"????

Potty mouth.
Old 12.07.2006, 05:54 PM   #60
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

I'm gonna pull a khchris here and simply trust my own memories rather than those of someone who is too young to have experienced this at the time.

As for hardcore being a "movement" more than a sound, I laugh and laugh. This is one of the most strictly definable genres of music that has ever existed, and it has been from day one. Black Metal even has wider parameters, and that's saying something.

This statement would be true if we were talking about the early Industrial movement, but hardcore?

My head is spinning right now.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth