Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What bands do you have connections to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.30.2008, 01:23 AM   #1
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
And how are you connected?

Deez my connections:

AIDS WOLF - Friends of friends of mine. I go to parties with them all the time
USAISAMONSTER - Also friends of friends of mine, but less directly
THE ARCADE FIRE / WEIGHTS AND MEASURES - My brother was friends with Jeremy Gara (drummer)
PRIESTESS - My stepdad's friend's son is the bassist
GODSPEED! YOU BLACK EMPEROR / TRIPLE BURNER - My brother knows the drummer (Godspeed), and my teacher has recorded with them
Old 01.30.2008, 01:29 AM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i love chloe!!! i should write her soon. but hamborghinni are better than aids wolf.

i won't say who my connections are, i don't like bragging.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 01:33 AM   #3
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't yet heard hamborghinni yet. I really dig the Seripop artwork though, it's really popular around Ottawa and Montreal. I wasn't intending to sound braggish, I'm actually interested in people's band connections and felt I should contribute too.
Old 01.30.2008, 01:38 AM   #4
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i don't say it's wrong that you mentioned it or that other people shouldn't talk about, i just don't feel like saying who i'm acquaintances with in the music scene.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 06:07 AM   #5
sarramkrop

The Bluetones (friend used to go out with the singer of this band)
Bradford Bahamas ( I used to sleep with one of them)
Einsturzende Neubauten ( Friend used to sleep with Blixa for a while)
Diamanda Galas ( Friend used to share a flat with her when she went out with Blixa)
Adam Ant (I drink in the same local his ex-manager goes to and regularly chat to him)
Loop (Two boardies from here that I've met know Robert Hampson)
The Libertines (Friend pays host to one of them new band's gigs and she used to go out with Carl Barat)

Let me think of some more.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 06:10 AM   #6
sarramkrop

Marc Almond (ex-boyfriend went out with him for a while)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 06:12 AM   #7
sarramkrop

Patrick Wolf (He's a mate of a mate. Bumped into him at parties. Nice bloke but shite music.)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 07:28 AM   #8
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
And how are you connected?

What are you counting? Astrally? Philosophically? Aesthetically? Sexually? Financially?

I've met most of my favorite bands on the astral plane, and I connect with most of them philosophically and on aesthetic terms, but that's about it. I've never even met my rockandroll heroes.
Old 01.30.2008, 07:34 AM   #9
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Patrick Wolf (He's a mate of a mate. Bumped into him at parties. Nice bloke but shite music.)

is he on drugs???, a friend of mine is obsessed with him. i think he's SHIT!

I am not really connected to any bands, although i have hung out with The Brian Jonestown Massacre and my EX-best friend slept with one of them (who will remain nameless).
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 09:58 AM   #10
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
The Dresden dolls: the bassist of my band is their photographer.
Old 01.30.2008, 10:00 AM   #11
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
is he on drugs???, a friend of mine is obsessed with him. i think he's SHIT!

I am not really connected to any bands, although i have hung out with The Brian Jonestown Massacre and my EX-best friend slept with one of them (who will remain nameless).

He was when I met him, yes. I'd obviously never ask him how often he takes drugs, of course.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 10:06 AM   #12
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
a lota the rhode island bands that ive just seen and subsequently met thousands of times over, white mice, mindflayer, etc.. and a lotta tucson local bands, must of who are shit, that none of you would know.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 10:27 AM   #13
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
i hi-fived andrew bird.

does that count?
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 10:42 AM   #14
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
name dropping is one thing, but to devote a thread to it is tasteless.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 10:49 AM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'm buds with genghis khan!

I used to work for his great great great not so great grandson!

true story.
Old 01.30.2008, 10:51 AM   #17
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
name dropping is one thing, but to devote a thread to it is tasteless.
You're jelous of the fact that Bono doesn't want to save your soul.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 10:53 AM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

that might be true, if I had one to save.

this black heart runs on rechargeable batteries.

BACK ON TOPIC: I once shared an elevator with Father Guido Sarducchi!!!!!!
Old 01.30.2008, 10:58 AM   #19
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
I sent a mail to !!! members and they answered. Same with GOMM (best french band at the moment).

That's it for today! See you another day for new exciting SyrFox Rock&Roll Adventures kids!
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 10:59 AM   #20
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
that might be true, if I had one to save.

this black heart runs on rechargeable batteries.

BACK ON TOPIC: I once shared an elevator with Father Guido Sarducchi!!!!!!

Try harder. If you had shared a bed with him I'd find you more gossip worthy.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth