Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page burning the koran in florida
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.10.2010, 05:38 PM   #41
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
are there really that many copies of the koran in the actual state of florida? will they be lucky to light three cigarettes from the flames?

or as suchfreinds would put it, whole of florida a racist state.

I guarantee ya MOST of Florida would be against what Terry Jones is/was wanting to do. He lost some 30 something members of his congregation when he started with this shit...not to mention his church is pretty small to begin with.

And sure there are tons of copies of the Koran in Florida, ya can buy them at most any bookstore. Surely you'd know this being an expert on all things America + all?
Old 09.10.2010, 06:11 PM   #42
ModCop
empty page

ModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's asses
Boy it's almost enough to make you think we should burn Terry Jones instead. Haha, ok maybe just singe him a little until he calms down and learns some manners.

Frankly, the man is an embarrassment to the word of God. And look what has already started happening in Afghanistan, people shot. The actions of some attention seeking "Christians" back home further endangering the security and stability in the country, thus putting more soldiers at risk of violence.

Yet this pussy and now seemingly some others are so terrified of the scary brown people they have to pull attention seeking stunts like this? Cowards is what they are. Cowards who hide behind a conception of "rights". They say, we should have the right to burn this book, we can't surrender our rights to the fanatics. Don't make me laugh Terry, this has never been about rights for you. You may have or consider yourself to have the "right" to do something, but doesn't mean you should do it, doesn't mean you should necessarily use that right. Shit some thief appears on my property I may have the right to shoot him but doesn't mean that that is necessarily the best course of action to take. You know full well it is better not to burn the Koran, simply because there is a risk involved. This is not cow towing to terrorists or surrendering your rights. This is just common sense. If I see a wasps nest out my back yard sure I can convince myself I have a "right" to go up close, throw a rock at it and then just stand there like a dumbass getting hysterical with the terrorist wasps for stinging me. Doesn't mean that I SHOULD throw that rock, particularily if there is some other people standing around who might get stung aswell. Yet all these Pastor Dumbasses who think because they have a flock of weak minded small town hicks who can not face reality without them they should act like deranged facists.

Now I can hardly be called a braggart for saying this, but I have never been especially scared of Muslims. Sure there are terrorists and sure there are fanatics, and there are risks and attacks involved. But when it comes down to it, shit I'm just not all that frightened of the folks. Shit they would never be attacking us in the first place if they didn't feel inferiority to our advanced nation on some level. But your average Pastor Dumbass must really be shitting his cotton panties. He must really believe Muhammed El Hookhands is gonna parachute into his house at night tie him up, pour oil on him then light it as he rapes his wife who he has stripped to the nude then put a hijab on. Hey Pastor, why are you so terrified, you are sitting there back home in some red state. You are not out there on the front lines in Afghanistan, yet you persist in making things harder for the boys that are. Anyone would almost think you need this clash of Civilisations bullshit to make you feel important, like you can purge the planet of all satanic infidel muslims and Jesus will show up on his hotrod telling you you are a swell guy and he wants to put you in charge of the women's shower room security cameras up in heaven. Ain't gonna happen Pastor Dumbass. Those middle eastern folk are going to be around for a long time yet and you better start getting used to it.
ModCop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 06:16 PM   #43
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModCop
Boy it's almost enough to make you think we should burn Terry Jones instead. Haha, ok maybe just singe him a little until he calms down and learns some manners.

Frankly, the man is an embarrassment to the word of God. And look what has already started happening in Afghanistan, people shot. The actions of some attention seeking "Christians" back home further endangering the security and stability in the country, thus putting more soldiers at risk of violence.

Yet this pussy and now seemingly some others are so terrified of the scary brown people they have to pull attention seeking stunts like this? Cowards is what they are. Cowards who hide behind a conception of "rights". They say, we should have the right to burn this book, we can't surrender our rights to the fanatics. Don't make me laugh Terry, this has never been about rights for you. You may have or consider yourself to have the "right" to do something, but doesn't mean you should do it, doesn't mean you should necessarily use that right. Shit some thief appears on my property I may have the right to shoot him but doesn't mean that that is necessarily the best course of action to take. You know full well it is better not to burn the Koran, simply because there is a risk involved. This is not cow towing to terrorists or surrendering your rights. This is just common sense. If I see a wasps nest out my back yard sure I can convince myself I have a "right" to go up close, throw a rock at it and then just stand there like a dumbass getting hysterical with the terrorist wasps for stinging me. Doesn't mean that I SHOULD throw that rock, particularily if there is some other people standing around who might get stung aswell. Yet all these Pastor Dumbasses who think because they have a flock of weak minded small town hicks who can not face reality without them they should act like deranged facists.

Now I can hardly be called a braggart for saying this, but I have never been especially scared of Muslims. Sure there are terrorists and sure there are fanatics, and there are risks and attacks involved. But when it comes down to it, shit I'm just not all that frightened of the folks. Shit they would never be attacking us in the first place if they didn't feel inferiority to our advanced nation on some level. But your average Pastor Dumbass must really be shitting his cotton panties. He must really believe Muhammed El Hookhands is gonna parachute into his house at night tie him up, pour oil on him then light it as he rapes his wife who he has stripped to the nude then put a hijab on. Hey Pastor, why are you so terrified, you are sitting there back home in some red state. You are not out there on the front lines in Afghanistan, yet you persist in making things harder for the boys that are. Anyone would almost think you need this clash of Civilisations bullshit to make you feel important, like you can purge the planet of all satanic infidel muslims and Jesus will show up on his hotrod telling you you are a swell guy and he wants to put you in charge of the women's shower room security cameras up in heaven. Ain't gonna happen Pastor Dumbass. Those middle eastern folk are going to be around for a long time yet and you better start getting used to it.

Agree with every bit of it.
Old 09.10.2010, 06:23 PM   #44
brak's dad
empty page

brak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's asses
Books are to be engulfed with eyeball rays, not flames. So I say damn you to the floridians and their retirement communities. Miami... is ok. But the rest! They are damned to an eternity of sleeping on the lawn
brak's dad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 07:22 PM   #45
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

It's not so much his wanting to burn a book that bothers me (even though this within itself is a bit on the lame side), it's his reasoning behind wanting to burn it. It's hypocrisy, no matter how ya look at it.

I have nothing against any religion, as long as it's participants DO NOT fall under one or more of the following descriptions:

A) Disregarding what has been scientifically proven. This sort of shit just causes ignorance to spread like the disease it already is.

B) Telling someone else that they are "wrong", when they themselves can not prove what they believe in. This is why I feel as if concepts such as "faith" should NOT be taught in public schools, which isn't to say that they shouldn't be accepted. Intelligent design has no business in a science classes, unless it's just mentioned as an "idea some people believe in" and left at that. It's getting so bad I'm beginning to feel as if it should be mandatory for one to be agnostic or atheist to teach such a course. I know that sounds bad, but putting off yr personal beliefs in such a class should be unacceptable.

C) Don't set my cat or mom on fire, and we're good.

And yes, I know sometimes people like to get a bit weird and state that even atheism requires faith. I get it, even if I happen to disagree. True atheist are about "I don't BELIEVE in God(s)", as opposed to "I KNOW there is not a God". There is a significant difference...and that said, I'm one of those that believes most who claim to believe in God probably really don't, it's just something that happens out of a certain fear of the unknown and traditional bullshit and all that jazz.

It's OK to not know certain things, esp. when there (in my opinion) is likely no real reason for us to know. I think there are far more serious/interesting things to study than say, an afterlife that most likely doesn't exist + even if it does I'm 98% positive that it isn't the one I hear about all the time.
Old 09.10.2010, 07:52 PM   #46
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
It's not completely ignorant to disregard scientific reasoning; science is just a best guess and uses a factor of probability. I'm not religious in the slightest and due to that I tend to side with science as opposed to belief in religion, but both things have their place in deciding what really accumulates to our universe.

However, to completely disregard a scientific theory in favour of a blind religious stab in the dark is, to me, old fashioned.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 07:58 PM   #47
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Remember when they burned the KoRn?

Those bastards...
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 07:58 PM   #48
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Science has proved some things, and other things it still aims to prove. It's about legitimate understanding, and faith in a higher power has no place in it. I understand some believe in God, while still believing in what science has to offer...and I'm ok with that. Just don't try and throw God into an equation he has no business being in.
Old 09.10.2010, 08:02 PM   #49
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Well I used to roll joints with the new testament. I inhaled the word of god

AMEN! Burn that thing!
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 08:11 PM   #50
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I guarantee ya MOST of Florida would be against what Terry Jones is/was wanting to do. He lost some 30 something members of his congregation when he started with this shit...not to mention his church is pretty small to begin with.

And sure there are tons of copies of the Koran in Florida, ya can buy them at most any bookstore. Surely you'd know this being an expert on all things America + all?

read my sig then go away.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 08:14 PM   #51
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

In other words....while one might feel the need to argue that a higher pwoer gave us the mindset to figure things out, it is LARGELY UNNECESARY! It's just a theory, and one that can not be back up (yet...) via science.

What is not a theory is this:

I can put a seed in the ground, water it, make sure it gets enough sunlight, offer whatever nutrients it needs required for it to be healthy, and watch it grow into a plant. We also know why it rains and what gasses are burning on the sun and have a rough idea has to how much longer it has left. Cures have been found for some diseases...and none of them boil down to prayer. We know all of this stuff because of trial and error and heavy research. God hasn't been needed.

There was a point of time in history to where man believed in God because of things that could not be understood. Many felt as if when it was thundering, God must have been angry. We know now that this is not the case, and while those Gods died off, many new ones have been created. It is important to consider how NEW Christianity in particular is.

I bet this Terry Jones can't hold up a good debate for shit.
Old 09.10.2010, 08:18 PM   #52
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
read my sig then go away.

No, I wont...just because I know you're an idiot. And even though you might not be ("sarcastic") in this case, it's not so uncommon for people to hide behind sarcasm simply because they don't know any better.

That, and the fact that ya clearly were not following this issue too closely as several advancements in the situation had been made clear before ya started this thread.

Sorry.
Old 09.10.2010, 08:29 PM   #53
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I hate to wax religious, but muslims have nothing but the koran. Christians feel they have something much more. The Bible tells about Jesus who preached peace and gave up his life for others. The koran instructs followers give up their life and take revenge.

But it also teaches that revenge (a very natural human emotion) belongs to God...so yeah, it teaches revenge, just that it's not OK for us (well...Christians)...

I seriously doubt, considering there MIGHT be a God, that he's even aware of us as individuals or knows what the heck revenge even is. These sort of concepts to me are much easier understood when looking at things from an evolutionary viewpoint. Survival of the fittest, getting rid of those that want to cause us harm or teaching them a lesson....much in the same way animals do (who apparently have no place in Heaven from what I understand).
Old 09.10.2010, 09:07 PM   #54
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
so... what's even happening now? last i heard, terry jones called his burning off, but westboro is going to go ahead with their own on saturday.

fuckin' westboro.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 09:10 PM   #55
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Yeah, I've read that hes called it off....but his ignorance will without a doubt inspire others to do it anyways.

Wether this kinda shit gives some people a bad name or not, I can't help but to imagine a world with NO religion. Almost impossible to do so.
Old 09.10.2010, 10:40 PM   #56
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I hate to wax religious, but muslims have nothing but the koran. Christians feel they have something much more. The Bible tells about Jesus who preached peace and gave up his life for others. The koran instructs followers give up their life and take revenge.

Revenge? Revenge for what?

Anyway, am I the only one who finds it hilariouslly ironic that the name of this guy's church is the Dove World Outreach Center?
Old 09.11.2010, 02:48 AM   #57
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
A Danish newspaper runs a cartoon about muhammand and muslims result to killing and setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria......because of a cartoon?

The Pope simply quotes from the qur'an criticizing something it says and muslims take revenge by killing nuns and burning churches.

muslim women caught in affairs are usually sentenced to death.

They don't call the Middle East the cradle of civilization for nothing...meaning it grew up and moved elsewhere.

Seriously though, these people hang on to attitudes from the 5th century as if they're somehow timeless.
Old 09.11.2010, 05:11 AM   #58
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
A Danish newspaper runs a cartoon about muhammand and muslims result to killing and setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria......because of a cartoon?

The Pope simply quotes from the qur'an criticizing something it says and muslims take revenge by killing nuns and burning churches.

muslim women caught in affairs are usually sentenced to death.
And if women don't comply with the requirements of the men, they are subjected to honour killing.

It does seem rather extreme but then again, I don't think we can judge someone else's culture as we have not experienced it (unless it has crossed over into our culture of course).
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2010, 11:17 AM   #59
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
No, I wont...just because I know you're an idiot. And even though you might not be ("sarcastic") in this case, it's not so uncommon for people to hide behind sarcasm simply because they don't know any better.

That, and the fact that ya clearly were not following this issue too closely as several advancements in the situation had been made clear before ya started this thread.

Sorry.

oh dear your tired attempts at causing some kind of argument really are weak at best.

you show me the timeline of events vs when this thread was started, in a jovial way i may add then you have some kind of basis for a response. otherwise just keep quiet, its embarrassing.

anyway this whole thing has just been a mass publicity stunt by some prick who hijacked religion to further his own twisted idea of the world, like those westboro baptists or the muslim group who said they where going to march through that town in england where all the soldiers died. or at least thats what it come across as but the media have run and run, as they do.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2010, 07:21 PM   #60
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

2 killed in Afghan anti-Quran-burning protest

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39131484..._central_asia/

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth