Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Or
--------------------
The Neutral
World Looks Red
--------------------
Shaking Hell

After the show I hung around for a little while and got my setlist signed by Mark Ibold who then signed my ticket as well. I found Steve mingling around and I asked him if he could sign my ticket. He didn't have a pen and neither did his wife (or gf?) so, what does Steve sign my ticket with? His woman's lip liner. She said it was Lancome. I also got Lee to sign my ticket as well.

Terrific show ALL around. I had my friend Jessy by my side. I was surprised by how many young kids were there. I counted a lot of kids with braces. They seemed really out of place. Ugh. Thurston also devoted "The Neutral" to the kids at Boston University, of which I am one.

Ahh that was amazing. I hope a recording of that show ends up traded soon.

GrumpyOldMan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2006, 09:34 PM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
You mean Steve didn't use his own lip liner?
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2006, 09:50 PM   #3
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
You mean Steve didn't use his own lip liner?

just like a man, though...

i hope the whole band dedicates themselves to playing "the neutral" at atp,
they didn't play it at the last couple shows i was at. UNFATHOMABLE.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2006, 10:57 PM   #4
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Oh come on, there's no certain age you have to be for loving the YOUTH!
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2006, 11:13 PM   #5
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

DoubleNickels ain't too shabby
Seriously. I wanted to stay, but my friends didn't really want to. Oh well, I got to shake Lee's hand!

You know how there was a part in the set where the was quite for a good minute? I was the kid who screamed out "NYC Ghosts and Flowers!" and Kim said "Be Resonable!"

Great set. Rocked my shit, but there was a surprising lack of noise. Oh well, at least we got Candle and TEENAGE RIOT!
Old 09.03.2006, 11:24 PM   #6
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i just got back, my full report will be written tomorrow (i hope)
but in short let me say that tonight was a life shattering aural apocolapse of excitment sweat and *insert andjective here*
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2006, 11:34 PM   #7
GrumpyOldMan
empty page

GrumpyOldMan has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
You know how there was a part in the set where the was quite for a good minute? I was the kid who screamed out "NYC Ghosts and Flowers!" and Kim said "Be Resonable!"
I'm not sure if that was in response to you or if it was to me shouting "Box Elder" to Mark Ibold after Thurston introduced who he was. Kim was looking to the right of the stage which was exactly where I was. Either way, people were shouting out requests like it was the last song they'd hear for the rest of their lives.

GrumpyOldMan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2006, 11:35 PM   #8
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan
I'm not sure if that was in response to you or if it was to me shouting "Box Elder" to Mark Ibold after Thurston introduced who he was. Kim was looking to the right of the stage which was exactly where I was. Either way, people were shouting out requests like it was the last song they'd hear for the rest of their lives.

I definitly didn't shout it after he introduced Mark. I think it was when they were all switching instruments for "Rats"
Old 09.04.2006, 03:37 AM   #9
charliep
empty page

charliep has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Shaking Hell was chilling.
charliep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2006, 07:49 AM   #10
foldback
bad moon rising

foldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliep
Shaking Hell was chilling.
Seriously. Thurston looked like he was in a trance by the end of it.
foldback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2006, 10:36 AM   #11
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
excellent show...a bit heavy on the RR stuff, but i've seen 'em over a 1/2 dozen times so i know the drill...flog the new stuff, breakout out a few chestnuts. and the chestnuts were roasted thoroughly. and, i rather like _Rather Ripped_, so it all worked out and everyone went home w/ a smile on their face and some ringing in the ears.

i was right up front, so i think i was spared some of the PA assault by being parallel w/ the stacks...for people in the back, was it really loud?

i'm going through the multitude of photos right now, but here's a couple of tasters...the rest will be up on my site later.

narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2006, 10:45 AM   #12
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
nice pix and good review, i'm glad you good people of Boston had a jolly old time.
Old 09.04.2006, 11:04 AM   #13
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldback
Seriously. Thurston looked like he was in a trance by the end of it.

I got goosebumps and my jaw dropped when Kim started to scream "Shake off your flesh!"

OH god, it was so good.

I was in the middle of the audience. The PA stacks were actually pretty good for volume. I didn't even need my ear plugs.

Also, I was the only one actually MOVING during the set, but I get Boston crowds are brainier when it comes to concerts. I hope my singing along didn't fuck up the taper who was behind me.
Old 09.04.2006, 11:13 AM   #14
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
^ Ear plugs ? !!!

Who'd wanna stiffle a sonic assault ?

Crank them tunes, it'll keep you young. Feel the bottom shake your guts, don't let 'em stagnate !

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2006, 11:34 AM   #15
charliep
empty page

charliep has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlus
excellent show...a bit heavy on the RR stuff, but i've seen 'em over a 1/2 dozen times so i know the drill...flog the new stuff, breakout out a few chestnuts. and the chestnuts were roasted thoroughly. and, i rather like _Rather Ripped_, so it all worked out and everyone went home w/ a smile on their face and some ringing in the ears.

i was right up front, so i think i was spared some of the PA assault by being parallel w/ the stacks...for people in the back, was it really loud?

i'm going through the multitude of photos right now, but here's a couple of tasters...the rest will be up on my site later.

Mind throwing up a link to your site?
charliep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2006, 11:40 AM   #16
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliep
Mind throwing up a link to your site?

will do once i get the pics all set. there are a bunch of other shows i've taken on the site too, so feel free to browse.

just a word about earplugs...i've been seeing shows for over 20 years, and wished i'd started using them sooner than the ~6 or so years i have...as it is i sometimes have a hard time picking up people's conversation in a loud environment.

hearing loss ain't cool. then how can you listen to records or show?

this senior citizen advisory is now over.
Old 09.04.2006, 11:43 AM   #17
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for sharing the pics narlus,i love lee's one.

Edit : would you mind telling the camera you used?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2006, 12:10 PM   #18
narlus
100%

i used a canon 30D camera, and three different prime (as opposed to zoom) lenses (sigma 30mm; canon 50mm; canon 85mm). this is the first gig i've shot w/ the new camera, i had a digital rebel XT before that.

thanks for the compliment nicfit. i was initially a bit discouraged when i went through the photos last night, but after re-assessing them and doing some post-processing, i think i'll have a pretty decent batch after all. none that make me go DAMN!, but hey...there's always next show.
Old 09.04.2006, 12:20 PM   #19
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
hey,i browsed a bit some of your galleries,there are good shots of many great bands.i could tell it was a canon judging by the colours,but i wanted to be sure...my next purchase will be a canon s3 is , yayyy!
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2006, 01:23 PM   #20
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

I have to say I got a giddy when Lee brought out the screwdriver. I knew I was in for some red-lookin world.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth