Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim in New York Fashion Week
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.12.2007, 12:12 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses

Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 12:13 AM   #2
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2007/..._unlike_1.html
Marc Jacobs After-party Unlike Any That Has Come Before

Michelle Trachtenberg and Marc Jacobs, k-i-s-s-i ...Photo: Patrick McMullan

The extreme lateness of the Marc Jacobs show made for perhaps the least star-studded after-party we've ever seen the designer give. Lost in the transition from the Armory to 24 Fifth Avenue? Victoria Beckham, Heath Ledger, Amy Poehler, Carmen Electra, Courtney Love, Debbie Harry, Michael Stipe, Mischa Barton (for once, looking like the stunner that she is in a gold headband and scarlet goddess gown), Russell Simmons, Sheryl Crow, and Anna Wintour (who literally sprinted from her seat with daughter Bee Shaffer the second the lights went up). The stalwarts were pretty much who you'd expect: annoying starlet Michelle Trachtenberg and her bestie since age 10, Lydia Hearst, hamming it up for photographers in the nominal VIP section; Michelle Rodriguez, rocking neither her alcohol monitoring bracelet from the last season nor her face paint from the previous night's Dazed & Confused after-party; Vincent Gallo, without his trusty Lord & Taylor gift bag; and Duran Duran and Kim Gordon, trekking on through the night like the veteran rock stars that they are.
Jacobs himself arrived about halfway through the party and took his usual place in front of the television monitor to watch the show he'd just put on (though he wasn’t chain-smoking as usual). He said he was too tired "to stream" about what he'd just done, so we turned to John Currin for some post-show analysis. He thought the fact that none of the shoes fit any of the models — they walked with their heels atop the backs — must have been an aesthetic choice: "I'm sure it was on purpose. I thought it looked really cool." He then commented on the sheer outfits with prints resembling underwear. "I loved the panty thing in the front, and how they'd turn around and you could see kind of see their butts in the back. In a funny way, it was very prurient. It acknowledged that you look at women with a real, almost vicious will to take them apart, and it’s like they’d already been taken apart and put back together in a sexual way."
Marc Jacobs’s employees, meanwhile, were feeling pretty physical themselves. We saw accountants and store managers doing high kicks and head spins worthy of So You Think You Can Dance. Having attended every one of their Christmas parties for the last three years, we're beginning to get an idea of the job-application process: "Can you break-dance? How many wigs do you own? What's your feeling on body paint?" —Jada Yuan
There's so, so much more—quotes and pictures from Courtney Love, Posh Spice, Helena Christensen, and others—in Party Lines!
Old 09.12.2007, 12:17 AM   #3
Moshe
Super Moderator

front row center posted by Chris

I always wear my sunglasses to fashion shows… Don’t you? Okay seriously, what are these betches trying to prove? Check out the front row at the Oscar De La Renta show yesterday… It’s Oscar the Posh and is that Kim Gordon? Actually, Posh looks pretty amazing! But the sunglasses??? It’s just a bit too much! I do love Amanda Peet tho… It’s like “what the hull” is she doing there with them? Kudos to Amandz for not following the crowd!
Old 09.12.2007, 12:28 AM   #4
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
ugh that dress
Old 09.12.2007, 12:46 AM   #5
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
front row center posted by Chris

I always wear my sunglasses to fashion shows… Don’t you? Okay seriously, what are these betches trying to prove? Check out the front row at the Oscar De La Renta show yesterday… It’s Oscar the Posh and is that Kim Gordon? Actually, Posh looks pretty amazing! But the sunglasses??? It’s just a bit too much! I do love Amanda Peet tho… It’s like “what the hull” is she doing there with them? Kudos to Amandz for not following the crowd!

i already had an inkling, so i did some checking,that isn't Kim with Mrs becks, the blogger had a case of mistaken identity
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 01:21 AM   #6
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
ugh that dress

agreed
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 01:38 AM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
dude i so heard recently that kim gordon wont allow thurston to eat pizza causes it messes w/ his stomach ulcers.
ah, to deny a new york boy his pizza is murder
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 06:40 AM   #8
guitar7080
little trouble girl

guitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's asses
Have coffe and pizza or not.
guitar7080 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 06:50 AM   #9
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I bet that Kim must have been gutted to miss out on the chance to have a chinwag with Mrs Beckham. They could have talked for ages about the hardships of combining parenting with being the famous rockstar wife of a famous husband.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 07:01 AM   #10
guitar7080
little trouble girl

guitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's asses
They would have shared a fine conversation. But I cannot be sure of this.
guitar7080 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 08:18 AM   #11
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Jacob kept everyone waiting 2 hours and people actually stuck around. What a bunch of losers.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 02:06 PM   #12
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2007/...secrets_o.html

the accompanying picture makes me hate that i have the sense of sight. and so far as i can tell, kim didn't even attend the "snoopy in fashion" show on friday. man...one more slight like
that and your sticker gets revoked, kim.
Old 09.12.2007, 02:27 PM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
what kind of dress do you expect a 50-something lady to wear to a fucking outrageously hot stuffy unventilated fashion show?
Old 09.12.2007, 05:32 PM   #14
syntax-free
bad moon rising

syntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
dude i so heard recently that kim gordon wont allow thurston to eat pizza causes it messes w/ his stomach ulcers.

he's got ulcers? aw
syntax-free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 08:32 PM   #15
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what kind of dress do you expect a 50-something lady to wear to a fucking outrageously hot stuffy unventilated fashion show?
there are PLENTY of choices she could have made. that dress was a lapse in judgement.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth