Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Syd Barrett RIP
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.11.2006, 11:32 AM   #21
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
i'll do my loving in the winter
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 11:43 AM   #22
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
This is sad to wake up to, Syd was a true innovator in floyd and even though he hadnt done anything recently he still deserves our respect.

I think I'll upload that live 1970 show of his later today in the thread.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 11:46 AM   #23
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
wow, you have a 1970 show? Did you hear of that 1972 show they found and might release, I wonder if this sad day will finally bring enough interest to Syd's work to be released.
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 11:52 AM   #24
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
wow, you have a 1970 show? Did you hear of that 1972 show they found and might release, I wonder if this sad day will finally bring enough interest to Syd's work to be released.

yea its a live solo 1970 show but he only does 5 songs before walking off.

I guess the fact that more of syd's unreleased work might now come out is the only silver lining to this sad day.
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

Old 07.11.2006, 11:57 AM   #25
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
please upload that...
Old 07.11.2006, 12:00 PM   #26
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
yea its a live solo 1970 show but he only does 5 songs before walking off.

I guess the fact that more of syd's unreleased work might now come out is the only silver lining to this sad day.

sad but true
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 12:15 PM   #27
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

in the meantime check out this site, it has a downloadable clip of syd with the early floyd at the ufo club performing (one of those gigs i wish i'd been alive to see).

http://musicforyoureyes.blogspot.com...-ufo-club.html
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

Old 07.11.2006, 12:16 PM   #28
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
thanks 4 the thread i had no idea until i read it. very sad he was very talented.
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 12:20 PM   #29
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
I wonder how painful it is to die of Diabetic Coma or Shock?

Doesn't sound like fun.
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 12:38 PM   #30
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddylikesitintheass
I wonder how painful it is to die of Diabetic Coma or Shock?

Doesn't sound like fun.

Because of the name you have no credibilty in a thread like this.

hugs and kisses

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 12:40 PM   #31
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Hey man...

I've got a bike you can ride it if you like...it's got a basket a bell...that rings and dings...if you want to....

I'd give it to you if you wish, but I borrowed it.
Old 07.11.2006, 01:01 PM   #32
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddylikesitintheass
Hey man...

I've got a bike you can ride it if you like...it's got a basket a bell...that rings and dings...if you want to....

I'd give it to you if you wish, but I borrowed it.

you fucked up the lyrics, good one
Old 07.11.2006, 01:04 PM   #33
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

FUCK, I FUCKED THEM UP....I'm so damn embarrassed.
Old 07.11.2006, 01:40 PM   #34
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I'm pretty sad, he was one of the only things I actually liked about pink floyd. I don't have piper, I'll have to find it. I have relics though, that has some syd. And the song 'i know where syd barret lives' by the television personalities.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 01:42 PM   #35
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
not even just a bit fucked up either.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 01:45 PM   #36
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras

Some human beings are just too beautiful for words(even in their erratic behaviour).
So true.....

Come on you raver, you seer of visions
Come on you painter
You piper, you prisoner, and shine
Old 07.11.2006, 01:46 PM   #37
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
Hmm....i naver listen to anything he's on.. maby i will when i get back from the midlle of nowhere (minnesota).
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 01:57 PM   #38
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
you MUST own piper!
always makes me laugh that syd put 3 gtr parts on that album when he was the only gtrst, then on that footage on astronomy dominane (ufo club) he doesnt even hardly touch his gtr, just puts his arms above his head and sings. haha, my main man. also check out the live version of intersteller overdrive on the tonight lets all make love in london vid.
think its on youtube if you can handle the not so great quality.

also, im begging for the mono version of piper, anyone has it then pm me. ive wanted it for a long time.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 01:58 PM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I have friends who are hardcore syd barrett-ites. They colect his solo stuff, they love the early floyd.
I have never been able to get into either.
it is good stuff, but even though me and LSD made good friends over the course fo a couple of years of experimentation, the floyd bores me. the syd barrett solo stuff bores me too.
Old 07.11.2006, 02:58 PM   #40
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I don't care if the sun don't shine
And I don't care if nothing is mine
And I don't care if I'm nervous with you
I'll do my loving in the winter.
And the sea isn't green
And I love the queen
And what exactly is a dream
And what exactly is a joke.

finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth