Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2019, 09:07 PM   #2821
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony

finishing season 2 tonight <3

Highly recommended?
Old 06.04.2019, 03:13 AM   #2822
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Highly recommended?
YES.

Well, it's basically Breaking Bad/Weeds meets ... Desperate Housewives?
I watched each season in two days. If that's any indicator..?
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2019, 08:48 AM   #2823
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
watched all 6 eps of GOOD OMENS. Loved it. loved it so much....

Started it this week and got about 4 episodes in. It really is quite enjoyable. And the cast...wow. I am constantly finding myself going, "Oh wow. They are in this? Cool." Looking forward to finishing it out tonight.

Quote:
YES.

I watched each season in two days. If that's any indicator..?

And this might be my next watch. I have been interested in this. Nice to hear good things about it.

I am also about 3 episodes into Chernobyl. It's good, and well done, but holy shit is it heavy (obviously). Certainly can't binge it. Only able to get an episode in here and there when in the mood.

I am being told by coworkers to watch Lucifer. Anyone here have any things to say about it? Worth it or no?
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2019, 09:24 AM   #2824
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
YES.

that was actually my problem with it: “i have seen this before”. i watched episode 1 and felt i needed a more compelling reason to continue. characters were likable but their backgrounds felt a bit stereotypical. i haven’t said no forever, just moved it farther down the queue, maybe for paperwork day or something. it felt more like the latter seasons of weeds than the early ones.

meanwhile, binged on season 2 of the marvelous mrs. maisel.

now this show is like nothing else out there that i know of. and it’s great.

season 1 was awesome and a breath of fresh air and superfunny too and won some prizes and all that shit.

season 2 starts a little bit wrong: the first episode overdoes the musical choreographies, so much so that they get in the way; and then the story launches into such an incomprehensible plot twist that it takes a little while to figure out where it comes from—actually it took me a consultation with the interwebs to sort out what was what, and i saw others had similar concerns. that episode almost almost jumped the shark. i was like “what the fuck happened!?” i almost dumped it. almost.

but then things start getting interesting, and by midseason it picks up steam like a locomotive. i actually ended up staying up all night finishing it recently, hahahha. very good show and here’s to season 3 coming soon and staying fresh.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2019, 01:10 PM   #2825
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that was actually my problem with it: “i have seen this before”. i watched episode 1 and felt i needed a more compelling reason to continue. characters were likable but their backgrounds felt a bit stereotypical. i haven’t said no forever, just moved it farther down the queue, maybe for paperwork day or something. it felt more like the latter seasons of weeds than the early ones.
Oh, I thought it was more like the early ones! Cause late Weeds was unwatchable, imho.

I also like the styling in the show. lol.
Old 06.04.2019, 03:07 PM   #2826
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Oh, I thought it was more like the early ones! Cause late Weeds was unwatchable, imho.

I also like the styling in the show. lol.
yeah lol i watched all of weeds, through the end, when it all got very cartoonish. but that is what i meant

early weeds was fantastic because it combines tragedy with absurdity and you see her progressive evolution into the business. later it was just a narco-farce.

this show seemed to me began from the farcical end already? but i might look again some day.

anyway check out mrs. maisel if you can. she is indeed marvelous.

but if she’s not your thing that’s ok too.
Old 06.04.2019, 09:32 PM   #2827
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Select episodes of "The Dark Side of Wrestling"
Old 06.05.2019, 07:32 AM   #2828
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Highly recommended?

It’s OK.

It’s housewife breaking bad on primetime, so no naughty stuff.

But... Christina Hendricks.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2019, 02:19 PM   #2829
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses

Watched this per a friend’s suggestion because of ‘fighting games’. I like the history bits about gaming. Kind of neat. But basic ass love storyz
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2019, 04:47 PM   #2830
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

haha awesome

https://youtu.be/7WIWqxSVaSw
Old 06.05.2019, 07:49 PM   #2831
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
It’s OK.

It’s housewife breaking bad on primetime, so no naughty stuff.

But... Christina Hendricks.

I actually fancy Mae Whitman a bit more, but am obviously aware of Christina.
Old 06.06.2019, 03:09 AM   #2832
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

But why out of cardboard. I mean eventually the coins will wear down the edges and eventually let other coins through no?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2019, 07:25 AM   #2833
pony
the end of the ugly

Quote:
I actually fancy Mae Whitman a bit more, but am obviously aware of Christina.
mae <3

also retta is in it and ISNT SHE PLAYING THE BEST CHARACTER IN PARKS AND REC
Old 06.06.2019, 08:25 AM   #2834
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
So, Sonic Youth get a name-drop in the new Miley Cyrus Black Mirror episode. I normally thought that would have been kind of cool, had the episode not been so meh. I watched 2 of the 3 episodes of this new "season," and I am pretty unimpressed. I think this show is quickly going downhill, sadly.
Old 06.09.2019, 08:31 AM   #2835
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Tried to watch Nos4@2, or whatever it’s called. DERIVATIVE as fuck!
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2019, 08:30 AM   #2836
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I stopped watching Black Mirror in season 2.

I see what they are actually doing, and it is not opening minds. The show is like many "entertainment" these days, just endless sequences of psychic horror and cognitive dissonance to force regular people into thinking horrendous things, NOT uplifting, mind expanding, human centric things like old Twilight Zone.

I mean, did we really need to see the UK prime minister fuck a pig? No. That was there just to get certain people off and make everyone of s us implicit in seeing it and accepting it.
Old 06.10.2019, 09:39 AM   #2837
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
that's why I quit BM #1 (abbreviation fits well, huh Rob?) Charlie Booker is a really funny guy, but that BM stuff can be flushed
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2019, 05:13 PM   #2838
Peterpuff
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I mean, did we really need to see the UK prime minister fuck a pig? No.

Ummmmmm. Totally disagree. That scene was sooooooo hot. Really got me going.
(just a joke...just a joke).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
that's why I quit BM #1 (abbreviation fits well, huh Rob?) Charlie Booker is a really funny guy, but that BM stuff can be flushed

Interesting. I do not know anything of him other than BM.

But yeah, I get what you both are saying, I do. I really do think there are some great episodes of the show though, especially in seasons 3 and 4. I agree, there is certainly nothing feel-good about it, and totally understand the psychic horror element you mention. But that is what I like about it and am very aware of, I am 100% it's target audience with my fear and disdain of future tech.

But I certainly am not going to try and sell anyone on it. I totally get why many don't like it.
Old 06.10.2019, 05:16 PM   #2839
Peterpuff
stalker

Also, has anyone here watched Handmaid's Tale? I don't recall seeing it talked about here. I watched the first few episodes and am mildly intrigued, but not certain if it is going to be up my alley. Still debating on continuing it or not.

I also watched through 4-5 episodes of Atlanta finally, and really like it so far.
Old 06.10.2019, 05:17 PM   #2840
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ i haven’t, but look forward to it when i have time for a hulu subscription

from what i’ve read, it’s like a pence-topia
92132139140141 142 143144145152 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth