Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.09.2015, 10:57 AM   #18501
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I think guy fell off the wagon myself

i don't know what you mean by that expression (is he an addict?), but the guy is a fucking genius at entertainment.

he can make beautiful highbrow movies too like pan's labyrinth but it's always within the children's/fantasy/horror genre where he dominates.

this weekend i had a bunch of arty foreign movies at home but i could have used something with flying robots instead, or a new installment of hellboy-- there's a time and place for everything. speaking of which there's a hellboy 3 in the works. can't wait!

i really liked pacific rim-- it didn't try to be something that it wasn't. for me is a 10/10 for its genre.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.09.2015, 11:33 AM   #18502
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I would have given Pacific Rim a much higher grade if the main guy (sons of anarchy) was a better actor, and if they did not make a girl who was raised by a refined british man (the dude from Luther) speak in pidgin broken Japanese-accented "Engrish"

when will the idiots in Hollywood realize that there are people who do not look white but can still speak perfect conversational english? I hate that shit.

It was a fun Saturday flick though! The fights between the robots and the creatures were great.
Old 02.09.2015, 12:14 PM   #18503
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I would have given Pacific Rim a much higher grade if the main guy (sons of anarchy) was a better actor, and if they did not make a girl who was raised by a refined british man (the dude from Luther) speak in pidgin broken Japanese-accented "Engrish"

oh ha ha ha i just realized that! (about the japanese girl)

yes she was a little kid wasn't she?
Old 02.09.2015, 12:31 PM   #18504
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I guess twenty plus years of british school did nothing for her accent.
Old 02.09.2015, 02:01 PM   #18505
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I only like the orphanage or pan labyrinth kind of del toro less the hellboy del toro

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2015, 08:28 AM   #18506
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
spiceworld

ha

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2015, 10:32 AM   #18507
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
That's 500, not 50, nautical miles, not nanometers!

ha ha ha ha!
Old 02.13.2015, 10:04 AM   #18508
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

LUCY (luc besson 2014). if you can allow for the bad science and the ipad gestures (i did, with no regrets), it's a visually spectacular and superfun movie. a douchy hollywood executive would say "a cross between la femme nikita and 2001 a space odissey, with subliminal apple product placement" and they wouldn't be wrong. but sit down & watch on a big screen & have fun anyway.

(also, scarlett wears faux fur again-- why is that?)

eta:

under the skin

lucy

Old 02.13.2015, 10:16 AM   #18509
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Quite beautiful. Certainly in my personal top 5 of the Studio Ghibli films. The visual style and the music alone are as close to perfection as one can get. The coming of age story works just fine. The ending would be a minor nitpick though. I get why these characters, being naïve teenagers and all would say what they say, but the execution of the scene is a bit off. The line is said and boom, roll credits, all is fine and dandy. It didn't take away too much from the overall experience though. Very glad I watched it!

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2015, 10:20 AM   #18510
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

LUCY (luc besson 2014). if you can allow for the bad science and the ipad gestures (i did, with no regrets), it's a visually spectacular and superfun movie. a douchy hollywood executive would say "a cross between la femme nikita and 2001 a space odissey, with subliminal apple product placement" and they wouldn't be wrong. but sit down & watch on a big screen & have fun anyway.

cuz the only real fur she wears is on her coopappy
Old 02.13.2015, 11:04 AM   #18511
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ at first i laughed at the transgression but honestly i feel she doesn't deserve the disrespect
Old 02.13.2015, 01:35 PM   #18512
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

eta:

under the skin

lucy

Gonna have to disagree. It was just a bad film. It looked nice, but so what. A game might look nice, but it don't mean nothing if the story isn't there. Naff. Under The Skin however, was just brilliant. Next to Nightcrawler it was my favourite film of last year.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2015, 01:54 PM   #18513
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Gonna have to disagree. It was just a bad film. It looked nice, but so what. A game might look nice, but it don't mean nothing if the story isn't there. Naff. Under The Skin however, was just brilliant. Next to Nightcrawler it was my favourite film of last year.

really? i was tired of superserious movies (e.g. "poetry" or "uncle boonmee who remembers his past lives" or "sansho the bailiff" -- *yawn* ) and i really really really enjoyed it this one-- even though it's science-bullshit i can suspend disbelief & enjoy the ride.

when i pick a luc besson movie i know what to expect, and this one did not disappoint.
Old 02.13.2015, 01:59 PM   #18514
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon

Quite beautiful. Certainly in my personal top 5 of the Studio Ghibli films. The visual style and the music alone are as close to perfection as one can get. The coming of age story works just fine. The ending would be a minor nitpick though. I get why these characters, being naïve teenagers and all whould say what they say, but the execution of the scene is a bit off. The line is said and boom, roll credits, all is fine and dandy. It didn't take away too much from the overall experience though. Very glad I watched it!

this... this reminds me of "the cat returns". is it the same character?

btw you'd love "the kingdom of dreams and madness" if you haven't seen it yet-- it's not a super-well-made movie but it follows the last days of studio ghibli and the making of miyazaki's last film.
Old 02.13.2015, 02:07 PM   #18515
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
^^ at first i laughed at the transgression but honestly i feel she doesn't deserve the disrespect

do't understand what you meant by she wears faux fur again.
Old 02.13.2015, 02:11 PM   #18516
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
do't understand what you meant by she wears faux fur again.

oh i posted some photos to clarify above

her characters are made to wear these fur jackets (plastic, obviously, these days)-- in under the skin it's what she wears pretty much the whole movie

then in lucy she starts w/ some leopard jacket--

i was wondering if they do that because of her (scarlett in animal pelts), because of the characters (animal instinct, hunter/prey whatever) and if it is a coincidence or a pattern

i am nearly blind to women's fashions but this one caught my eye (well, it's scarlett-- one tends to stare & stare)
Old 02.13.2015, 04:08 PM   #18517
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of Besson, I had to watch his first film Subway at work this week. It has a great opening scene and is a bit of a mess overall, the messiness of it being as much of a good thing as a bad thing. Also had to watch Amores Perros this week, hadn't seen it since it was new out, and barely remembered anything about it. It was OK was too long, and with hindsight/age it's easier to see the self-seriousness of his later films starting to take shape. Not bad but way too long, I remember liking it a lot more the first time.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2015, 06:19 PM   #18518
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this... this reminds me of "the cat returns". is it the same character?

btw you'd love "the kingdom of dreams and madness" if you haven't seen it yet-- it's not a super-well-made movie but it follows the last days of studio ghibli and the making of miyazaki's last film.

In fact it is. The "Baron" is a cat statuette in an antique shop that inspires the main protagonist to write a fantasy story that involves the character. He is depicted in a beautifully animated dream/imagination-sequence. The idea was so well-received that a semi-spinoff (yup, The Cat Returns) was greenlit.

Nope, haven't seen it yet. Will do. Thanks for the info!

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2015, 11:22 AM   #18519
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Carnival of Souls

Bloody brilliant
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2015, 02:22 PM   #18520
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Shawshank Redemption and fucking shit it always makes me cry

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
826876916923924925 926 9279289299369761026 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth