Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Explosions reported at Ariana Grande's concert in Manchester
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.22.2017, 06:19 PM   #1
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...osions-w483720
Old 05.22.2017, 09:23 PM   #2
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
A brutal attack against thousands of English children.

I have never listened to reporters speak about something for so long without absolutely no information. Sky News is great! Well, the police are calling this terrorism, but without telling what happened. nail bomber, suicide bomber, falling PA who knows?

But this is England, the event and perp must be on camera from multiple viewpoints
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2017, 10:05 PM   #3
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Really scary and sad.
Old 05.23.2017, 11:18 AM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
some dipshit with a bomb blows himself up near the exit of the ariana grande concert. ISIS releases a statement saying they take credit for the attack but their descriptions of the attack do not match what happened (they state that multiple of their people hit multiple attacks). I do not see the political or terror or propaganda benefits to anyone of bombing a children's music concert. makes no sense. benefits no one.
Old 05.23.2017, 12:12 PM   #5
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
some dipshit with a bomb blows himself up near the exit of the ariana grande concert. ISIS releases a statement saying they take credit for the attack but their descriptions of the attack do not match what happened (they state that multiple of their people hit multiple attacks).

I think in this case there was a link, or at least the person doing it supported ISIS, even if they may not have actually been behind it. This Tweet came out about 4hrs before the attack actually happened.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2017, 01:33 PM   #6
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm disgusted by this. I can't think of anything snarky or even intelligent to say. People just being slaughtered for being people. It's happened before, it's happening again, and my hunch is that it will keep happening.

What's the long-haul end of this? Because I don't see one. I see a possible World War III, but I can't quite determine who would be involved in the war or what it would be about because the world is such a fundemantelly broken place in so
Many ways.

Long-haul... what's this leading to? Totalitarianism? Global nuclear warfare? 1984 or Fahrenheit 451? Really, this isn't going away. Long after Trump, will this still be happening? Who the fuck would have predicted an Ariana Grande concert would be a target?

If that tweet was published FOUR HOURS before the concert started, then why was this even given a chance to happen?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2017, 04:43 PM   #7
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
s I do not see the political or terror or propaganda benefits to anyone of bombing a children's music concert. makes no sense. benefits no one.

Its about establishing fear, pure and simple, making people afraid to engage in any public activity.

And it is possible, like last week's Times Square allegedly PCP-smoking killer, that it was a test to observe the authority's response. A devastating test.

Baader-Meinhof thought it was a good idea to provoke the violent arm of the State, to force it to show it's "true" face, the result seems to be troops on the streets.

Have they moved armed forces to Parliament in London?

It also makes people xenophobic and ready to indulge in the worst behavior, so the nonfundie muslims get attacked - they fundies probably froth in anger at the muslims in the West who do not follow their twisted imamic interpretations.
Old 05.23.2017, 04:44 PM   #8
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Ariana Grande sucks
What does this even have to do with anything? Sometimes I can't believe some y'all are adults.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2017, 04:48 PM   #9
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
A woman said: "I know my son is dead
I'll never rest my hands on his sacred head"

Oh Manchester, so much to answer for

"Oh, find me, find me!
Find me!"

"I'll haunt you when you laugh
Oh, I'll haunt you when you laugh
You might sleep
You might sleep
You might sleep
BUT YOU WILL NEVER DREAM!
Oh, you might sleep
You might sleep
BUT YOU WILL NEVER DREAM!"

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2017, 04:50 PM   #10
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
A woman said: "I know my son is dead
I'll never rest my hands on his sacred head"

Oh Manchester, so much to answer for

"Oh, find me, find me!
Find me!"

"I'll haunt you when you laugh
Oh, I'll haunt you when you laugh
You might sleep
You might sleep
You might sleep
Oh, you might sleep
You might sleep
BUT YOU WILL NEVER DREAM!"

You quote the Smiths too much.
Old 05.23.2017, 04:53 PM   #11
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
What does this even have to do with anything? Sometimes I can't believe some y'all are adults.

I'm with you on this. I don't think it was intended to sound so fucking snide and insensitive, but it did.
Old 05.23.2017, 05:04 PM   #12
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
You quote the Smiths too much.

I think this is the first time; the previous one was a Morrissey solo song and it was in a FAR jollier context.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 05.23.2017, 06:00 PM   #13
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I think this is the first time; the previous one was a Morrissey solo song and it was in a FAR jollier context.

Oh, you're right. That was Morrissey.

I don't meant to negate the mega-seriousness of this situation, but Smiths/Morrissey quotes always kinda make me chuckle. I like the Smiths and solo Morrissey, but when you pull that shit out of context and plop it into another context, it always makes for a dark bit of hilarity.

#sorry
Old 05.23.2017, 06:22 PM   #14
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm with you on this. I don't think it was intended to sound so fucking snide and insensitive, but it did.
Sorry it was not intended at all indeed I'll edit my post. I was tired and should have gone to bed instead of writing this.
Old 05.23.2017, 06:40 PM   #15
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Sorry it was not intended at all indeed I'll edit my post. I was tired and should have gone to bed instead of writing this.

No problem. I can see myself doing the same thing honestly. I know you didn't mean anything by it.
Old 05.23.2017, 06:42 PM   #16
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oh, you're right. That was Morrissey.

I don't meant to negate the mega-seriousness of this situation, but Smiths/Morrissey quotes always kinda make me chuckle. I like the Smiths and solo Morrissey, but when you pull that shit out of context and plop it into another context, it always makes for a dark bit of hilarity.

#sorry

"Suedehead" can be funny. I don't think there's anything fucking funny about "Suffer Little Children". For which, by the way, The Smiths and SPM in particular took a LOT of shit back in the day. From Wikipedia:

Quote:
After the song was re-released as the B-side of the single "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", the Manchester Evening News reported that relatives of the Moors murder victims had taken exception to the lyrics, in which three of the victims are mentioned by name. Some newspapers also claimed that the single's sleeve photo of pools winner Viv Nicholson was intended to resemble Myra Hindley.

Subsequently the high street chains Boots and Woolworths withdrew both the album and single from sale. However, Morrissey later established a friendship with Ann West, the mother of Moors victim Lesley Ann Downey, after she accepted that the band's intentions were honourable.

Although five children were murdered in the Moors case, only three are named in the song: John Kilbride ("oh John you'll never be a man"), Lesley Ann Downey ("Lesley Ann with your pretty white beads"), and Edward Evans ("Edward, see those alluring lights"). The murders of Keith Bennett and Pauline Reade were not attributed to Myra Hindley and Ian Brady until 1985, after "Suffer Little Children" had already been released.

The title of the song is a phrase found in the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 19, verse 14, in which Jesus rebukes his disciples for turning away a group of children and says:

Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

File it next to "Born In The U.S.A." (released that same year, coincidentally) as one of the most misunderstood songs in the history of everything.

By the way, Ian Brady died just a week ago aged 79. Hindley died in 2002 at 60. I'd like to think Satan is torturing the fuck out of them both, but I don't believe in such malarkey.

Old 05.23.2017, 07:20 PM   #17
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Whoa, speak of the "devil".

From Morrissey Official on Facebook, 5 hours ago:

Quote:
Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Old 05.24.2017, 06:23 PM   #18
Severian
invito al cielo

I honestly can't tell if you love or hate The Smiths/Morrissey right now.
Old 05.25.2017, 05:08 PM   #19
tesla69
Banned

in one of the most heavily surveilled country in the world, the police and security services missed at least five opportunities over five years to stop the Manchester mass murderer from carrying out his deadly terror attack, it has emerged. <edit>

The reports date back five years, when two youth workers are said to have phoned an anti-terrorism hotline to report concerns over Adebi’s “extreme views” whilst he was completing his last year at school, the BBC has reported.
Two of Abedi’s friends were also so concerned about his behaviour that they separately phoned the hotline, five years ago, and again in 2016.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth