Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm 24
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.03.2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
Today March 3rd is my birthday.
First I spent the day exhausted from having spent eight hours yesterday at a TAFE course I have been compelled to attend that is full of people learning to speak English, but it was better than the previous one full of people with Downs Syndrome.
On top of that I spent the morning sick as hell dreading the psychological counseling sessions that have for the past few months been a battleground as I am insulted, bullied, and antagonized. Sure enough from the moment I dragged my half-asleep & trying-not-to-vomit self into the office the so-called doctor was starting a fight and provoking an argument - then I used the word 'jerk' and flipped him the bird then he walked out. Not even five minutes had passed.
Then I spent the rest of the day exhausted, sick and vomiting, and impotently furious.
Old 03.03.2010, 09:00 AM   #2
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
happy birthday.
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.03.2010, 09:10 AM   #3
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
happy birthday lamont!

If you were a little less mysterious i'd be inclined to meet you or something.

Sorry yr birthday wasn't great
Old 03.03.2010, 09:22 AM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
happy birthday, fish-brother.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.03.2010, 09:23 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Late July, dog days of summer. On the news the doldrums arrive, lazy waves on a calm sea. Beneath this the usual commotion proceeds: more troops to Afghanistan under cover of new words for old thoughts. We’ll pacify them, bring them the glories of democracy, build schools. 30 US dead this past month, we aren’t told how many others we killed in this pursuit, and whatever the numbers they’d be false. Meantime JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs celebrate, having converted the financial panic of autumn into a fiscal killing a mere 8 months later. Capitalizing on panic, like a gang war, they rubbed out, with some help from Washington, some major competitors. Now these two sit on the peak of Wall Street, raking in the money and shelling out billions in reward to those inside the game. Unemployment rises each month, the funny figures jiggled by the statisticians so the official number is 10% for the US, though the real one is likely far closer to more than 20%. The jobs vanish, and politicians promise renewal, but the work is gone and there’s little real reason to think it’ll be replaced any time soon. The celebrated shift to a “service economy” has tanked, the 70% of GDP generated by “consumption” suddenly shrivelled with diminished plastic and heightened extortionary interest rates. Meanwhile Michael is dead, after much distracting hooplah, and now Walter Cronkite, and new news rolls in. On Washington’s C Street, an alleged Christian retreat for hardpressed politicians turns out to have been a love-nest for errant hypocritical Republican “family values” Senators and Representatives. Elmer Gantry is America.
Obama slowly tarnishes, as it becomes clear this Knight in burnished bronze is only the best the political system could offer, but it is still inside the system, and the system is gamed by those of the military-industrial complex intent on keeping and expanding America’s imperium, 700 bases – and building – scattered across the globe. The whiff of Roman decadence becomes a stench. The prison at Bagram in Afghanistan is a political embarassment so the PR machine cranks about the “bad image” and not the actual substance of the matter: that America, in pursuit of its ugly interests, hesitates not to imprison, torture and kill in the most casual of manners. Caesar would be proud. The Romans poisoned themselves with lead linings to their aquaducts; we follow suit with plastic water bottles leaching bisphenol-A (BPA) into us, dicking with our hormones. Our domestic economy wilts as we pour more and more into armaments and money-shufflers, and Obama orates with a silver tongue speaking as his masters dictate. Were he to actually attempt to take on his commanders in the Pentagon, CIA or Wall Street, he’d be gone as a lynching victim in August.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.03.2010, 09:28 AM   #6
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
happy birthday lamont!

If you were a little less mysterious i'd be inclined to meet you or something.

Sorry yr birthday wasn't great

I haven't been mysterious. PM if you want.
Old 03.03.2010, 09:37 AM   #7
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
i mean, by how little you post.
Old 03.03.2010, 10:03 AM   #8
Lamont Cranston
100%

Oh I just haven't been on lately. All this shit and reading a lot and not thinking of anything interesting.
Old 03.03.2010, 10:08 AM   #9
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
oh, how I wish that doomsday involved gigantic crabs.
Old 03.03.2010, 10:13 AM   #10
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
a tidal wave of terror.
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.03.2010, 10:20 AM   #11
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
a tidal wave of terror.
not if you have an ample supply of drawn-butter.

apocalicious!
Old 03.03.2010, 10:43 AM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
well fuck lamont cranston. the goddamn shadow knows. hope yr birthday is the first day ina ssequence of incredibly unbelievable good days

Old 03.03.2010, 10:51 AM   #13
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
24 was a good year for me. I moved back home and traveled a lot: SF, Eastern LI, the Levittown library. Some good music came out. But your 24th is a different story. Here's to the ends justifying the means. May the force be with you.
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.03.2010, 11:08 AM   #14
Lamont Cranston
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
well fuck lamont cranston. the goddamn shadow knows. hope yr birthday is the first day ina ssequence of incredibly unbelievable good days
Did you read what I described? It is nightmare tidal wave of terror.
Old 03.03.2010, 12:57 PM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It is indeed a shitstorm. I think my lack of proper punctuation did not help clarify what I typed.

I HOPE everything turns around and the shitstorm turns into a storm of fucking happiness
Old 03.03.2010, 05:54 PM   #16
Lamont Cranston
100%

It wont. I should just go die.
Old 03.03.2010, 06:06 PM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I am in a similar position my man, and it is near overwhleming with shit.
I will not patronize you with those bullshit statements like "it can only get better" because you and I know that no matter how horrible a situation is, it can always get worse as well.
but if that is where the cards fall that's where they fall. do not give up hope. humans are the only creatures on earth capable of hope (as far as we know) and hope is ridiculously powerful thing.

on the furrrealzzz, if you wanna talk to someone PM me
Old 03.03.2010, 08:35 PM   #18
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

on the furrrealzzz,

beautiful expression.
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.03.2010, 08:47 PM   #19
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
It wont. I should just go die.
you'll get your chance soon enough. everybody does.

don't allow yourself to become so easily angered.

I very much understand that people can be annoying and stupid, but you simply cannot waste energy on it.

don't force me to go miagi on you too.
Old 03.03.2010, 10:16 PM   #20
Lamont Cranston
100%

I had a phone call from the CentreLink agency WorkingArrangements this morning, the TL;DR of it was if I can't continue with the TAFE course that teaches migrants learning English how to do mathematics in English then all ideas had been exhausted and I was out of options and should quit CentreLink & stop receiving dole payments.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth