Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page RECS OF THE FLESH - big news? for those who care? :)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.08.2008, 06:54 PM   #1
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
since I've met a bunch of interesting people in here who've been so gracious to listen to the stuff i've put out thru the years, i feel compelled to post this interesting update on here too:

NO REST FOR THE WICKED (BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS)

Sitting in my room as I type this, it all feels distant and far away… but definitely very real.
I clearly remember 4 years ago when things started out with a fever and WSB's THE SOFT MACHINE (courtesy of Emilio Bellu – now that's my kind of xmas present).
Recording my first digital tracks on this very machine I'm typing into – a brand spanking new PC at the time, a bit of a stubborn relic right now – I was finally able to capture my sounds & thoughts, merging them together with instant crispness. It was a big step ahead for me and I knew I had to take things seriously if I wanted to get my tracks somewhere.

During all these years I kept doing things the serious way. Kept searching for souls to share this enthusiasm with. I try to consider myself one of those very lucky persons whose perseverance somehow always manages to outtake adversities. Sometimes things were hard and sometimes things were soft but never in my musical path things were easy. I guess it's just a fact of life, which feels good amongst the other things we all suspect to be part of the "ordinary": I wake up in the morning, stare at the view from my window, take a breath in the cold wind and I repeat to myself – you're such a lucky fucker.

My will to write, compose, play and enjoy my own tunes survived a bunch of lies, broken promises, false starts, bad looks and smelly drummers. But never before things were so abruptly cleared off the map with such a sudden change of events.
Luckily for me, I am an avid Paul Auster reader.

True – I spent the last 3 years of my life studying to become a sound engineer. True – I flied to the US in order to get the tools to make things seriously. True – I successfully became an engineer and opened up my project studio. True – the band I created out of nowhere was finally recording a full length album. True – drums, bass and my guitar parts were done. True – I thought we were about to make it big time.
False.

I loved my band, I loved those persons, I loved those moments of hard work, passion and camaraderie and I will always bring the memories of 2007 buried in the depths of my heart & soul. Nothing will ever replace those moments I shared with them.

But this was the past.

So it should come as no surprise to any of those friends who have been following the story up to this point, that what comes next for RECS OF THE FLESH is just the same old Max, with the help of a few select friends and nothing more than this. Future looks bright, singular and itching to come up with the new songs I've been writing in the last month... when I was struck with a fever… twice. So remember! I still owe you all an album.

Call it one man band, call it project, call it whatever you want to.
I call it a new start; a way of life.

Best wishes for a grand 2008, everybody.
Yours truly,

Max

...which basically means: someone bailed when things started to get serious, but i am already working out (inbetween mastering sessions for SMALL WHITE's new album!!!) 11 brand new tracks for a full length release to come out very soon.
new website >>> www.recsoftheflesh.com!!!

ciao all...
Old 02.08.2008, 07:07 PM   #2
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I really liked your stuff. I'd fill the gap there, but you all are too far away...
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2008, 08:49 PM   #3
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
hey man! firstly thanx for reading this. if you liked the old stuff you'll love the new one - sound sbetter than ever always, and I was the lyricist and main writer in the band so you can trust me.
if you would like to contribute something onto the net, we could eventually work it out. some raunchy noise to put somewhere into songs??? i already did a lot of net collabs with persons from around here, it'd be cool!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth