Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page I think it just dawned on me
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.31.2012, 06:08 AM   #1
woofwoof
little trouble girl

woofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asses
...that Sonic Nurse is the best SY album.

I'm a big lover of ATL and Murray but Nurse is just consistently cool. The only real downer is Lee's one and only track... it isn't his hottest (nor the album's), but everything else is really stellar. Stones is endlessly rock and roll, Mariah Carey is playful and sonically out of this world, Unmade Bed is gentle but still stings real hard in certain places. I mean...wow

Maybe I'm behind the curve on these kinds of opinion polls here, but am I alone in thinking this?
woofwoof is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2012, 06:10 AM   #2
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Dood.....Paper Cut Exit.....is fucking awesome.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2012, 06:12 AM   #3
woofwoof
little trouble girl

woofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asses
I do enjoy some parts of it .. "memory disease..." that sounds cool as hell, but I dunno it doesn't strike me as a whole.

Was it during that Q interview that T said something about Nurse being their best attempt to fuse noise stuff with pop song structure? I see where he's coming from with that
Old 08.31.2012, 06:36 AM   #4
woofwoof
little trouble girl

*is gay
Old 08.31.2012, 06:45 AM   #5
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Sonic Youth are gay.

Yer gay!

Faggot.
Old 08.31.2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
I think it just dawned of the deaded on me. Holler Ya?
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2012, 10:32 AM   #7
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
It was a parody, you morons!
Yer a parody....

faggot.
Old 08.31.2012, 10:36 AM   #8
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

PS......I have no idea what you are talking about murmer....though....I'm assuming its from a movie.....and I don't watch many movies because I am a boring fucktard.
Old 08.31.2012, 10:48 AM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Oh...haha....

well.....here's a hilarious clips of two hamsters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VuMdLm0ccU
Old 08.31.2012, 11:17 AM   #10
tphonik
empty page

tphonik has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Never thought all that much of Sonic Nurse myself.

As soon as I heard it I got the impression that it was a product of final contractual obligations with Geffen.

The two albums that preceded NYC G&F and Murray Street where something of a disappointment for me. A new direction was taken but then abandoned only to come full circle back to much visited older sounds.

Both albums where solid examples of SY's many years of discovery in the studio and where good of examples of classic SY. But just a bit of a let down in terms of what was done with the two albums before.

I must say though, The Internal has been good listening.

I could never really fault any SY albums. Everything they have ever done to me has been great but each album does has it's particular place in my understanding of what SY music means to me.

I do hope we see more albums post KG/TM separation....

t
tphonik is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2012, 11:20 AM   #11
tphonik
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphonik

I must say though, The Internal has been good listening.

Ha ha, 'The Internal'... doh!

Sounds like a spy film...

'Sonic Youth in 'The Internal' - License to Dischord'

Old 08.31.2012, 12:23 PM   #12
Lazewski
little trouble girl

Lazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's assesLazewski kicks all y'all's asses
I really liked SY's song "Youth of the Nation". I'll never forget blasting that track over SiriusXM every Sunday as we headed into the house of the Lord.

notreally

Lazewski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2012, 12:47 PM   #13
tphonik
empty page

I've got a catholic block...
Old 09.01.2012, 01:26 AM   #14
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
i dont mind listening to that album. but the neat thing about it being a double album is always deciding on what side to play first. as much as it's not in a heavy rotation compared to the other SY albums i got. it's alright. but i doubt i've played it 10 times all the way thru yet. but it's alright.
Dr Chocolate is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2012, 08:55 AM   #15
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofwoof
*is gay

That depends on whether you are following the rules of British English or American English. The British consider "Sonic Youth" to be plural, as they do with teams names and other groups. In America, we treat it as a "collective noun," which makes it singular. In other words, when we say "Sonic Youth," we are referring to a single band, not the collection of individuals who comprise the band.

I'm sure that's more explanation than anyone gives a crap to read! :+)
Old 09.01.2012, 10:11 AM   #16
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
When Sonic Youth are melodic, they sound the bee's knees.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2012, 05:52 PM   #17
Starcat
bad moon rising

Starcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's asses
I thought this right after I listened to it, then remembered that daydream nation still exists

Starcat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2012, 05:15 AM   #18
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
It's probably my third favourite SY album. And their best album lyrically, in my opinion
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2012, 07:20 AM   #19
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
Going to go put it on right now. It's not my fav - but I think it needs a fair revisit in light of this... going to run errands. Nurse will soundtrack.
negative8ball is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2012, 05:43 PM   #20
woofwoof
little trouble girl

While I'm on the topic I think The Eternal is rad too. A lot of it's pretty standard SY song-writing but they really make the most of it. Songs like What We Know, Calming the Snake and No Way..really awesome stuff

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth