Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Are albums dead?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.13.2010, 03:07 AM   #81
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Isn't that just archive stuff though? Of course if you release a 128 song set of music from throughout the years then it will somewhat sum the band up!

90% of their releases are "archive stuff". They only have a handful of studio albums. So, yeah, it sums em up perfectly.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2010, 04:43 PM   #82
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I really think the album is one of those unwittingly perfect formats, a bit like the novel or the feature film or the magazine, that will endure (as the novel and feature film and magazine have) long after technology has rendered them archaic.

seen I. big up. I was thinking about this thread all day today reminiscing about the power and beauty of listening to a complete album, from first track to the last. Only when a band actually goes through this production effort to MAKE an album does it work, but I think it is exactly what recorded music is about. the single market is for the radio and iTunes is just the new radio, and it i will be big true, but singles never replaced albums, and iTunes could never replace them either. Artists will continue to make epic masterpieces, just as Bob Dylan sang, "someday life will be sweet as a rhapsody, when I paint, my masterpiece.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2010, 08:33 PM   #83
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i hope so, i don't care about the album format
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth