Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Favorite natural sounds.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.19.2009, 11:54 PM   #41
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I like frog sounds, I even have mp3s of them on my computer from some cdr I checked out of the library of a local guy who recorded them at summer on Sauvie Island (which is very close to my home). Use them tapes of them live in the band sometimes too.

I've made music inspired by an obnoxious chipmunk who I set out to record. He shut up when I finally got the deck set up to record him (fucker!) so instead I grabbed a broken abandoned popcorn maker that was in the yard and a metal bird cage and tried to emulate what his chipmunk chirping inspired. This ended up the first track "There's More Than One Way to Play a Birdcage" on the first Dead Air Fresheners album "I Try to Show My Love".

The sound of fish jumping in a small lake is just awesome. Almost enough to justify the boredom of fishing.

The first time I was ever on campus at the Evergreen State College, for a friend's graduation, we'd ate a bunch of mushrooms and become convinced they weren't working, so scored some liquid LSD while the shrooms of course were kicking in. I became separated from my friends and became aware how every dorm room on the campus looked like every other, especially while tripping massively. So I spent the rest of the night making photocopy collages of all the shit on the bulletin boards and wandering around noticing the random patterns that the sprinklers on the campus seemed to have as far as when they came on, and how the birds seemed to converse with those sprinklers as if the birds and the machines had a secret they weren't sharing with us. Of course I decided this was the school where I could actually finish my degree.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 12:34 AM   #42
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i like the sounds owls make.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 02:04 AM   #43
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Usually I like whatever sound water makes when it hits something.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 02:08 AM   #44
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I enjoy the sound of my own voice as I say "screw you" to this reply.

haha jk, bro, jk

my real answer i'd say is the crumpling of paper
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 02:35 AM   #45
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
My kitten's little chirps and squeaks. Always makes me smile
Old 02.20.2009, 04:13 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I too like the sound of a ratchet turning over and over again

thats not a natural sound unless you are listening to the ratchet/gear mechanisms found in bacterial flagellum

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 04:24 PM   #47
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
humans are natural.
we make the nature scene
the city is a natural scape
order in details
whatever we make, no matter how odd it may be, is NATURAL.
Old 02.20.2009, 04:33 PM   #48
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
humans are natural.
we make the nature scene
the city is a natural scape
order in details
whatever we make, no matter how odd it may be, is NATURAL.

technically, but i thought the feel of the thread was spontaneous sounds NOT created by human devices or hands (hence "natural")

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 04:44 PM   #49
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
true.

I love the sound of howling wind as a hurricane builds up
Old 02.21.2009, 10:33 AM   #50
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
old ferrari v12 engine at full chat travelling at over 180 mph,

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth