Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Hall of Fame (rock n roll ish)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.24.2014, 10:52 PM   #41
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 08:26 AM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What has that got to do with her performance though? Rob, you let me down when you write shit like that.

you don't know my history with Joan Jett. She was the rock n roll goddess of my dreams as a youth, and it was just weird to see her inflated joan rivers-esque face. that's it. It is a shame she feels she has to do that to herself to keep up the rock.
Old 06.30.2014, 06:35 PM   #43
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
had a co-worker that said he saw this last night on HBO and telling me when i mention Nirvana how embarrrassed that girl felt at the end of the song after she fell down. i was like "yeah, i don't think so". then i went off on Nirvana and punk, noise rock and shit and he said sometime about Sex Pistols.

end of conversation between me and him.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2014, 11:06 AM   #44
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hahahah Kim was ROCKIN, and far from embarrassed
Old 10.09.2014, 10:06 AM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The announcement has been made for the nominees up for a vote to get into the Rock n roll hall of Lame.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/201...-hall-of-fame/

The Smiths - (I wonder whart awesomely flippant crap my man Morrissey will have to say if they are chosen!)

Green Day - (Jesus fuck, what a load of shit, to think that the most derivative band of losers in pop punk history has a chance to get in on a first ballot. Horrible. Fucking pathetic. I hope Lee Ving shows up and stomps their millionaire heads in)

Nine Inch Nails - (I got no beef with NIN, although I think there are dozens of bigger, more important bands yet to be nominated)

Lou Reed - (they are nominating him cuz he is dead. His solo work, while important to a very smal sub-set of musical weirdos, is in no way comparable to his work with VU in terms of the overall history of Rock n roll. The Rolling Stone assholes HATED Lou Reed and were he alive he would tell them to suck his asshole)

Kraftwerk - (Not rock n roll, although I dig them and they are important to music history. Soon they will nominate skrillex for playing playlists off his ipod)

Sting -(fuck Sting. what a joke. his solo work was NOT rock n roll, just adult-contempo ballad shit)

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - (I guess if you stick around long enough playing electric guitar and you are a woman they will nominate you to try and fill a quota. Joan Jett, while awesome and a rocker par excellence, had a few hits 30 years ago and had toured the state fair circuit now for decades.)

N.W.A. - (I guess if you are gonna put in the Furious Five, PE, Beasties, and RUN DMC, you gotta put in NWA, even though their output was just a few records, and Dre and Cube went on to become much more HUGE)

Stevie Ray Vaughan - (not rock n roll, but like I said, in an era where music is made with computers, the Rolling Stone guys are desperate to fan the flames of the electric guitar...I love me some SVR, but more for his blues output than for the swamp boggie blues rock crap he did so much of)

Chic - (NOT rock n roll. Why do they feel like they have to include disco acts now? Because of Donna Summer?)

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - (Fuck this shit. Paul Butterfield was a harmonica player who had this band for like 7 years, put out some successful records, and died in 1987. This makes no sense. they are nominating him because he was a white guy who introduced a bunch of suburban assholes to "blues" music, by virtue of once having sat next to Muddy Waters)

The Marvelettes - (Does Jan Werner have a deal with the devil to induct every goddamn girl group?)

The Spinners - (I love the Spinners, but they are not rock n roll.)

War - (Nominated for "Low Rider" and "Cisco Kid"? Jesus....)

Bill Withers - (I love me some Bill Withers, and think he is one of the most underrated songwriters, but he is not rock n roll.)

I do not understand how the assholes at Rolling Stone who run the HoF can make a leap from the early punk, Clash, Pistols, to Green fucking Day.

the Cure, MC5, the New York Dolls, Sonic Youth, Joy Division, Roxy Music, the Pixies, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, The Misfits all NEVER EVEN NOMINATED

Not to mention Heavy Metal. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, etc. never even close to being nominated. They put in Metallica and Sabbath (FINALLY) and then said fuck it...
Old 10.09.2014, 10:54 AM   #46
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
If THE SMITHS get in (and hate 'em all you want but they are massively influential and deserve a spot), there is no fucking way Moz shows up at the ceremony. No. Way.

---

I've been listening to a lot of Reed's solo stuff lately. So much garbage but there are enough moments of glory to justify a spot.

For a laugh, go over to rollingstone.com and look at old reviews. BERLIN got, like, two stars when it came out. Then for some reason they decided he was great, and they overcompensated for past sins by giving the dreadful MISTRIAL four stars, for example. Funny stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the Cure, MC5, the New York Dolls, Sonic Youth, Joy Division, Roxy Music, the Pixies, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, The Misfits all NEVER EVEN NOMINATED

But Red Hot Chili Peppers are in? WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Whatever.

After watching the last ceremony two things became clear:

1.) E Street Band is one of the best groups of all time and I must see them next chance I get.

2.) The RHOF is an irredeemably tedious, pointless, revolting waste of every sensible person's time.

Which is why Moz wouldn't show up.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2014, 10:57 AM   #47
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Plus the cancer.....
Old 10.09.2014, 11:07 AM   #48
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Oh my god. You just broke the news to me.
Old 10.09.2014, 11:11 AM   #49
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

"If I die, I die" - Morrissey.
Old 10.09.2014, 11:34 AM   #50
evollove
invito al cielo

So I can't imagine someone with that attitude taking the RHOF seriously for half a second.

I'm not dumb. I get that some people don't like him, some people hate him. I get that he's easy to caricature. And after reading his autobio, I'm not sure he's such a wonderful person.

But he's made some of my favorite records and he's been there for me when I needed him to be. I've been a fan for over two decades and right now, I'm really upset.
Old 10.09.2014, 11:51 AM   #51
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

me too. I love Moz. Hope he gets good care.
Old 10.10.2014, 11:10 PM   #52
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Lou Reed - (they are nominating him cuz he is dead. His solo work, while important to a very smal sub-set of musical weirdos, is in no way comparable to his work with VU in terms of the overall history of Rock n roll. The Rolling Stone assholes HATED Lou Reed and were he alive he would tell them to suck his asshole)

This is absolutely bullshit,Rob. Transformer, Berlin, New York & Songs For Drella are classic, great Rīn`r-albums and I think not just musical weirdos like me have this opinion. Of course Metal Machine Music, Street Hassle, Blue Mask, the Creation Of the Universe & many other his works are just great, but they are more stuff for the true fans.

Itīs very possible his death has caused this nomination, but I donīt still get it why you guys care about that RīN`r shit Place & itīs doings at all? Nomination of Green Day really shows the importance of whole thing. If SY will be there some day, I still will listen it at the same intensity as now.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2014, 08:22 AM   #53
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

There are far more influential and classic albums by people who do not happen to be Lou Reed.
Old 10.13.2014, 09:24 AM   #54
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I am not a fan of inducting individual memmbers of classic groups whose starshine is actually more a reflection of their previous band's work. I don't think George Harrison, Paul McCartney, or John Lennon should be in the Hall of Fame by themselves. That shit is just a way to suck the ass of a beatle.

Putting in Lou Reed by himself is a joke. He is being inducted purely on the cult of personality.
Old 10.13.2014, 10:27 AM   #55
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I care because I LOVE ROCK MUSIC and it saved my life and it is the soundtrack to my existence.
Old 10.13.2014, 11:55 AM   #56
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I really love rock music also. And one thing that is great in real RīN`R, that itīs so much against all the institutions and all that is in strict order (of course I understand how most of the so called rock has become very lame these days). To me real rock wake up my primitive aggressions in a healthy way. But I think those who founded RīN`R Hall of fame just try to control rock, make it harmless. So the whole thing doesnīt mean anything to me & itīs quite the same who they put there.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2014, 01:22 PM   #57
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of rock and roll ex hex motherfucking ROCKED it last nite.. I've seen mary timony live.in.several different bands and ive never seen her have so much fun or rock so hard! And all.those kick ass solos?? Hot damn I have a favorite band

Old 10.13.2014, 01:42 PM   #58
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mortte Jousimo again.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2014, 02:10 PM   #59
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Morritte, stop trying to take away the only thing Drew Carey has to live for!

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth