Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page NFL Football anyone?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.20.2009, 12:29 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
man there are some stinker teams out there this season.
My texans cannot seem to win two in a row.
8-8 for the third time in a row? come on!
Old 10.20.2009, 02:31 PM   #22
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Wonderful sport. I follow five teams (I'm from the UK, I have no automatic loyalty to any one team!); Saints, Seahawks, Patriots, Rams, Eagles.

Despite the Saints doing so well - and despite the fact that I would love them to win the Superbowl - I have to admit that I think the Colts are looking awesome.

This season I think there about ten teams who might go all the way, but also a lot of pretty bad ones.

It was great to see Lawrence Maroney run that touchdown on Sunday, because he has so much unfulfilled potential.

And great too, to see Marques Colston doing well with the Saints.

And Donovan McNabb with the Eagles? The most unfairly criticised player in the league. Awesome player.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2009, 02:46 PM   #23
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I watched it for a few seasons in the mid 80s, when it was first televised in the UK. I always liked the Dolphins - probably because I was a big Miami Vice fan. I've kept an eye on it ever since. I started to get confused though when teams I knew under one name suddenly became known under another.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2009, 02:54 PM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
McNabb is a monster and the Philly fans are assholes. (philly is a very racially segregated city. The city inside is full o whitey while a ring of poor suburbs are full of dark folk. maybe this is part of the constant McNabb hate?)

I would love the Texans to have a QB that could lead them to the playoffs nearly every year and to four consecutive champhionship games.
Old 10.20.2009, 03:04 PM   #25
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
McNabb is a monster and the Philly fans are assholes. (philly is a very racially segregated city. The city inside is full o whitey while a ring of poor suburbs are full of dark folk. maybe this is part of the constant McNabb hate?)

Perhaps you are right. I listen to some Philadelphia radio, but I don't know too much on the race subject. I was pretty unaware of the demographic separation.

I have a few NFl shirts, and McNabb is one of them. He makes such an impact when he is on good form.

One big thing I will say about the NFL is the video section of the site - constant free things to watch, even while games are in progress. British sporting authorities could learn a lot from that.

Old 10.25.2009, 06:25 PM   #26
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Minnesota have suffered their first defeat of the season today, whilst the Colts continue to look like the league's top team.

Its currently tight in the fourth quarter between New Orleans and Miami, although the Saints have taken the lead after trailing for some time.

edit: Saints interception and touchdown takes the game beyond Miami. Excellent.

Old 10.25.2009, 08:44 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

sarinyf dsntddasaimyd sauntzs
Old 10.25.2009, 09:29 PM   #28
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbannach
go pack go.
Fuck yeah. Although I missed the game today

My work closed early the day that they played Minnesota. That was awesome.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2009, 11:53 PM   #29
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Saints roll on.........

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2009, 12:03 AM   #30
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Rob, you might have that QB w/ Schaub in Houston.... another great day for him! Problem is, they're pretty much playing for a wildcard behind the Colts in the AFC South any given year. That's a hard spot to get with the stacked contenders in the AFC North.... that division alone could very well nab all of the wildcard spots.

Hip Priest, yes, the Colts are on fire and going greatly under hyped this year... it's like quiet success. It's kinda become expected w/ the Colts after a recent history of winning, so it's not drawing attention, but they are scary good right now too. As far as Saints, the only way we'd have to face them would be the Super Bowl (which could very well be the matchup), but we'll worry about that problem when we get there.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2009, 02:52 AM   #31
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
Colts all the way!
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 06:49 PM   #32
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
Hip Priest, yes, the Colts are on fire and going greatly under hyped this year... it's like quiet success. It's kinda become expected w/ the Colts after a recent history of winning, so it's not drawing attention, but they are scary good right now too. As far as Saints, the only way we'd have to face them would be the Super Bowl (which could very well be the matchup), but we'll worry about that problem when we get there.

That would be a great Superbowl. I would be rooting for the Saints, obviously, but I'd have the Colts as favourites to win.

It was good to see the Eagles get a win last night. The McNabb - Jackson combo is so good.

Old 10.28.2009, 02:12 AM   #33
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
im a huge dolphin fan....does that make me a masochist? They have the hardest schedule in the NFL. Last year's playoff appearance was a fluke. I really, really, really want the dolphins to return to glory. But shit man, I think the team is cursed. We probably wont win another super bowl until every member of the 72 team is dead and buried. Or, until we get a good quarterback. Which ever comes first. As long as we beat the Bills, Jets, and Pats though, I'll be satisfied.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2009, 08:47 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

dolphins are stronger every week though.

if only the Texans would focus and not give up easy scores, letting teams come back on them.
Old 10.30.2009, 03:25 PM   #35
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
best play I've seen this year. what a beast.

rob won't mind watching this again

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2009, 03:28 PM   #36
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Isn't American Football nothing but Rugby League with helmets?
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2009, 03:33 PM   #37
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
best play I've seen this year. what a beast.

rob won't mind watching this again

that shit was sweet
Old 10.30.2009, 03:35 PM   #38
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple

the style of play is much more exciting.

also, i know foreigners always think the use of pads/helmets makes them 'weaker' than rugby... but actually it enables them to hit much harder and makes it much more exciting to watch.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2009, 03:37 PM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple

maybe ten thousand times the strategy too
rugby is fun as hell, but asking what you asked is like asking "is not formula one racing nothing but stock-car racing with alerons and open wheels?".
'merican football is a collission chess match between coaches. offensive coach on one side versus the defensive coach on the oher and vice versa.
it is at the same time, the most violent and most cerebral of team sports.
Old 10.30.2009, 03:42 PM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I am not a huge reggie bush fan, but this is an amazing touchdown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHfmUkcpKV8

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth