Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Los Llamarada free internet album download
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.14.2011, 12:01 PM   #61
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
More details about "The Restless Light", taken from S.S Records' newsletter:

Los Llamarada
The Restless Light 7" $5
----It's been a couple years and some since the world has heard from Los Llamarada. Aside from some emails back and forth describing the deterioration of Llamarada's hometown, Monterrey, under siege in the Drug War, I hadn't heard from our friends down south. Then in Fall 2010 I received nine cassette tapes full of Llamarada recordings, pretty much most of the stuff they'd been working on over the last two years. I spent the next few days going through them, quickly realizing that there was more material than an album could handle. So Llamarada and I plucked out a couple of killers for a 7" (and started working on the other cuts for a full length later in 2011).

----To start, Llamarada gives us their jump on "Rezo Por Voz", a classic by Argentinian rock legends Luis Alberto Spinetta and Charly Garcia. In the Llamarada way, what you hear of "Rezo Por Voz" in "The Restless Light" are hints and dustings of the original. This is no straight cover, but a psych punk romp of claustrophobic proportions.

----Flip the single over and we have "A Current," an original taut and moody, a guitar drones spaghetti western style over a tense plain. Drop this into the opening scene in El Topo and I wouldn't complain. Cover art by Herla Alarcon.

----500 pressed. (SS507) Check out some sounds.
Old 08.11.2011, 03:31 PM   #62
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Bumper.

New album is in the works:

Los Llamarada's 3rd album is a chiller and it is called "Gone Gone Cold." It is a dark reflection/reaction to the death & destruction that is everyday Mexico..
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2011, 01:03 AM   #63
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Apparently this is going to be their last record too.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2011, 07:32 AM   #64
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Bumper.

New album is in the works:

Los Llamarada's 3rd album is a chiller and it is called "Gone Gone Cold." It is a dark reflection/reaction to the death & destruction that is everyday Mexico..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Apparently this is going to be their last record too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
which is a mega bummer.

okay.
we seriously need to find some live recordings.
i ll look around.

I totally agree Nefeli...

Any details as to why it will be the last one GenteelD...
I had hoped that I would get the opportunity to see them live one day

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2011, 04:15 PM   #65
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
i yet have to check them out
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2011, 04:24 PM   #66
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny

I totally agree Nefeli...

Any details as to why it will be the last one GenteelD...
I had hoped that I would get the opportunity to see them live one day
No idea. They posted that on their FB page.
Old 09.08.2011, 01:46 AM   #67
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

Here's the link to the facefuck post, Johnny:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

The new record's title is kinda cryptic as well, but I also hope it's not true. They should be the opening act next time Sonic Youth visits these heathen lands.

Here's another link shamefully stolen from Los Llamarada's faceboob; a mix-tape that contains an old track:
http://obsoletelorelle.tumblr.com/po...-va-para-todos
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:33 AM   #68
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

http://soundcloud.com/s-srecords/los-llamarada-heaven-of-glass?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm _medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundclo ud.com%2Fs-srecords%2Flos-llamarada-heaven-of-glass
"So the Michael Yonkers/Blind Shake album and Los Llamarada's third album are now in the test press process. I should get them tomorrow and then when approved, hopefully I will have something for you by the end of the month. I am really excited with these two records. To me they represent the ying & yang of modern psych punk. Yonkers & the Blind Shake mix a Blue Cheer style blast with a Von Lmo spin. Llamarada comes from the school of Red Crayolla/13th Floor Elevators "there are no rules"/"find our way as we play" school of psychedelia. And unlike a lot of bands flogging the psych horse, both groupings have their own unique sounds."

- SSR
Old 11.11.2011, 05:07 PM   #69
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Los Llamarada - Gone Gone Cold LP

larger image

$14.00 “Things are ok here but this year there wasn’t a Christmas truce. In fact the city woke up on Dec 31 with the news of a dead topless woman hanging from a bridge in one of the main avenues. The woman (nicknamed The Redhead) was part of a gang of kidnappers, had been in prison for some months, and had been ‘rescued’ a few days before by an armed squad while being taken to the hospital for some unnecessary tests. It seems like her rescuers didn’t want her to speak, or weren’t really her friends to start with. The pictures were everywhere and very graphic. By that same night people were making jokes about The Redhead being a New Year’s piñata.” Thus begins one of the dozens of emails from Monterrey, Mexico’s Los Llamarada to S.S. Records during the recording of their third and final album, Gone Gone Cold. Since their first album on S.S., The Exploding Now!, Llamarada has made some of the most striking psychedelic punk of the last decade. In the spirit of Red Crayola and 13th Floor Elevators, Llamarada approach to psych is devoid of rules, trends, or convention. Like Mars, they feel their way through sound, finding songs in the playing. However, while The Exploding Now! and their second album, Take the Sky, reflect the band’s (then) excitement with their future and possibility, Gone Gone Cold looks at present day Mexico and its never-end Drug War.
On Gone Gone Cold, fans of Los Llamarada will hear their oft-noted claustrophobic no-fi sound, but the songs a less settled than before. Confusion trumps structure, until a riff or pulse builds in intensity and the song enters into panic. Or a song starts at a panicked pace and unravels into a single phrase. There still is the subverted surf-guitar and male/female chant/vocals, but the drums are stronger and keyboards more insistent – sounds desperate for a way out.
“They hanged some rival gang members from pedestrian bridges, some dead, some alive (those were shot). Other was hanged and burned. Those kind of things happened on broad daylight, and were seen by friends on their way home from work. The police usually keep a respectful distance and do nothing…The chief of security of one of the last remaining rock bars was also killed, a guy who we all knew and who had helped us in one way or another. He was shot along with two other guys, and the bodies were stolen. The bar closed after that and it has stayed that way. The owner fled to the USA, as some other people has done. So now there are almost no places to play.”
Some song titles: “He Was Killed,” “There is No Ending,” “All Gods Collapse,” “Inside the Fire.” The lyrics are just as much poetry as they are song lyrics – frustrated, enraged, and depressed, but also defiant. As much as Gone Gone Cold is Los Llamarada’s mirror of Mexico and their besieged hometown of Monterrey, it is also an assertion of noise over death and of art over war. Packaged in Stoughton “old style” tip-on sleeves, Los Llamarada’s Gone Gone Cold is the best psychedelic reaction to war since Red Crayola’s “War Sucks.”
“The latest news! The army is now searching houses at random. They ask for permission first; I don’t think anybody has said no. They don’t break or steal things... they just look around and ask questions. They haven’t been here yet, but I’ve already cleaned the house!”

http://s-srecords.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products _id=769&zenid=9d404192a2bb4da13f4c2d724acf3ba0
Old 11.18.2011, 07:49 AM   #70
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
they need to come back to holland before they break up.

i demand it!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.09.2012, 05:55 AM   #71
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

TOO LATE DAWG!!

Anyway, this record is great. Throw away your Wild Fag records, kids"! This is what momma's ordered.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth