Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page [anti-govt 'rebels' near Khartoum] Its a long, hard road
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.10.2008, 03:38 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
"Hey look and tell me what do you see, going out in the fields of Angola, looks like my brother with his fists clunching war, going to the Angolan war, but its a long, hard road, yes its a long, hard road, said its a long hard road

but africa
has got to be free
yes africa
has got to be free"

Peter Tosh

Sudanese rebels 'reach Khartoum'

The JEM rebels are thought to have crossed into Sudan from bases in Chad

Sudanese troops have clashed with rebels from Darfur outside the capital, Khartoum, reports say, prompting an overnight curfew in the city.
The rebels announced that their forces had taken nearby Omdurman and were now fighting in the city, but the government said they had been defeated.
Sudan's army had been preparing for a possible attack on the capital after detecting a heavily-armed rebel column.
Correspondents say this is the closest the rebels have ever been to Khartoum.
A curfew has been imposed from 1700 local time (1400 GMT) until 0600 on Sunday, and roads and bridges over the Nile are reported to be closed.
The BBC's Amber Henshaw, in Khartoum, says the atmosphere in the city is tense.
Chad bases
Army vehicles and an attack helicopter were seen rushing towards the area of the fighting. It was not clear if there were any casualties.

The rebels, from the Justice and Equality Movement (Jem) also claimed to have taken the Wadi Saidna air force base about 10 miles north of Khartoum, although this was unconfirmed.
"We are now trying to control Khartoum," a Jem spokesman told Reuters news agency. "God willing we will take power, it's just a matter of time.
"We have support from inside Khartoum even from within the armed forces."
But a presidential spokesman later told the BBC the rebels had been defeated and the situation was under control.
The Jem is one of several rebel groups fighting the government and pro-government Janjaweed militia in the western Darfur region since 2003 over alleged discrimination by the authorities in favour of Arabs.
The rebels have been involved in raids on government forces in the area before.
An army spokesman said that the rebels had crossed into Sudan from bases in Chad, and had moved through Darfur towards Khartoum. "

Fyah burn all weak heart conception! How long can you hide from the truth and the rights, them sell black sudanese as slaves in black arab sudanese open air slave markets, that bastard so-called government in Sudan, and those damned Janjaweed, well their days are numbered!

whether or not, them praise Selassie I babylon will collapse, whether or not, them see the truth and the rights babylon me know their heart will stop..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2008, 03:59 PM   #2
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i liked peter tosh's look better when he looked more rude boy. i will have to admit that is one badass looking guitar.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2008, 04:06 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i liked peter tosh's look better when he looked more rude boy. i will have to admit that is one badass looking guitar.

who else but the steppin razor gonna have an M-16 Telecaster?

"said I'm a comin in hot hot hot, said its a musical shot shot shot!"

again, those duppies in Khartoum have been sitting pretty for twenty years, and they tried to scare away the 2007/8 referendum through terror and violence, which escalated the situation which we now see in Darfur, which is just another fucked up place in the history of civil war in Sudan. Through the 80s and 90s arabisation of sudan to all kinds of abuses of non-arab sudanese. Slavery was even revived through war parties! it is insane to fathom, this is the 20th and 21st centuries! jesus!

well truth and rights prevail, them duppies in Khartoum and the Janjaweed are getting real scared as the tables are turned!

Old 05.13.2008, 02:23 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Sudan cuts ties with Chad after attack on Khartoum

By MOHAMED OSMAN – 2 days ago
KHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) — Sudan severed relations with Chad on Sunday, accusing it of supporting fighters who assaulted the capital the night before and warned that a top Darfur rebel leader was hiding somewhere in the city.
Khartoum was still under curfew and reeling from the surprise assault late Saturday by Darfur rebels operating hundreds of miles from their bases in the far west of the country.
The government issued several statements claiming to have crushed the rebels and paraded images of captured and bloodied fighters on television.
"I would like to assure people that everything is now under control, the rebel forces have been totally destroyed," said Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir in a televised address Sunday, wearing military fatigues.
"These forces come from Chad who trained them ... we hold the Chadian regime fully responsible for what happened," he said. "We have no choice but to sever relations."
Al-Bashir said he reserved the right to retaliate against the "outlaw regime," raising the specter of a border war between the two countries who have long traded accusations over support for each others' rebels.
The Interior Ministry called on people in Khartoum and its twin city of Omdurman to remain inside while it searched for "infiltrators" — rebels who had doffed their uniforms in the fighting to hide among the people.
"Security forces need more time to provide full protection for the people and for their property," said the ministry statement.
State television for the first time ever broadcast the picture of Khalil Ibrahim, leader of Darfur's Justice and Equality Movement, which carried out the assault, asking on citizens to call a special hotline if they saw him because he was hiding somewhere in Omdurman.
The JEM has become one of the most effective rebel movements in Darfur, where ethnic Africans took up arms against the government in 2003 to protest discrimination. In the last year it has expanded its operations into the neighboring province of Kordofan, even attacking oil installations.
Saturday night's assault, however, was the first time they had made it anywhere near the capital.
While the rebels declared the assault a success, the government was quick to describe it as a disaster for the rebels, displaying prisoners and captured vehicles on television.
"This attempt was a foolish act and those who carried it out did not take into account the negative consequences — the attempt was based on lies and disinformation," said military spokesman Brig. Gen. Osman al-Agbash.
With just a few thousands members, JEM is outnumbered and far less equipped than Sudan's military, which believed to be more than 100,000-strong. Yet the group presents the most prominent military challenge to the Sudanese government in Darfur.
The assault puts greater pressure on the Sudanese government to deal with the festering situation in Darfur, where more than 200,000 people have died and 2.5 million have been chased from their homes. Many of the worst atrocities in the war have been blamed on the janjaweed militia of Arab nomads allied with the government.
Attempts to revive peace talks between Sudan and rebel groups have failed to stem the violence. Rebel groups accuse the Khartoum regime of stonewalling the deployment of a United Nations peacekeeping force that would try to establish security before peace talks.
The instability on Sudan's western border has spilled over into neighboring Chad, with armed groups and refugees crossing the remote border on a regular basis and destabilizing both countries and straining relations.
"These forces are Chadian forces originally, they moved from there led by Khalil Ibrahim who is an agent of the Chadian regime. It is a Chadian attack," al-Bashir said Sunday morning.
For its part, Chad has accused Sudanese authorities of arming rebels who launched a failed assault February on the Chadian capital, N'Djamena. The rebels reached the gate of the presidential palace, but fled toward Sudan after Chad's army repelled them in fighting that left hundreds dead.
Though the two countries signed a peace agreement in March promising to prevent armed groups from operating along each other's shared borders, the accusations have continued unabated.
Associated Press Writer Maamoun Youssef contribute to this report from Cairo.

Old 05.13.2008, 02:31 PM   #5
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I respect your beliefs and I respect you as a person, SuchFriends.... I just wish you'd somehow manage to integrate those issues that obviously mean a lot to you in more accessible, manageable posts, rather than in the (ocassionally quite ctypyic) mini-essays you often post. I'd like to read them but their sheer density and length often puts me off. I'm only speaking for myself here, and as such, feel free to disregard everything in this post. I'm just saying.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 02:33 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
they got their asses kicked last i read

or has something changed?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 02:39 PM   #7
sarramkrop

What do you and tesla hope to achieve with these overwhelmingly long political posts on a forum?

I mean, cool, whatever the cause you are fighting for I don't give a shit either way, but would you not do that in a more apt enviroment, rather than on the internet? Does that not vilify your initial motivation?

The internet is a lazy scapegoat for politics, it doesn't require hard work or dedication, you just sit on your arse pontificating to another set of lazy arses about issues that might or might not be worth anyone's time and without any tangible results to be achieved. Unless of course you use it to spread propaganda that you then physically bring to the streets regularly and seriously, and even then you better have a cause that touches many nerves in many people.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2008, 06:09 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
What do you and tesla hope to achieve with these overwhelmingly long political posts on a forum?

I mean, cool, whatever the cause you are fighting for I don't give a shit either way, but would you not do that in a more apt enviroment, rather than on the internet? Does that not vilify your initial motivation?

The internet is a lazy scapegoat for politics, it doesn't require hard work or dedication, you just sit on your arse pontificating to another set of lazy arses about issues that might or might not be worth anyone's time and without any tangible results to be achieved. Unless of course you use it to spread propaganda that you then physically bring to the streets regularly and seriously, and even then you better have a cause that touches many nerves in many people.

54 views. sometimes threads I start have hundreds of views, I never know the future when I post these, I just post what is on my mind at the time, and throw it out there for whoever is sympathetic or ignorant or both to such things that I have a consciousness of. further, there are a variety of people out there, and I post a variety of topics and info, not to create some kind of cult following, but rather to attract a little bit of everyone. somepeople might be concerned about sudan, and this thread might catch their attention. they might have opinions and might like to discuss them, or they just might have been interested to read the news report.

6 54

Old 05.13.2008, 06:16 PM   #9
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think anyone is paying attention. But who knows.
Old 05.14.2008, 02:11 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
I don't think anyone is paying attention. But who knows.

I only keep it up because everytime somebody surprises me out of the shadows of mainstream and understands what I am posting about with interest and concern.

Old 05.14.2008, 07:34 PM   #11
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Just out of interest SuchFriends... do you also post on messageboards that are more dedicated to these kind of issues? I say this because, even if I find what you post interesting, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I don't have anywhere near the knowledge necessary to be able to debate their key points with you. I read your response to Sarramkrop's post, but even given what you say in that, it can't be that stimulating for you. Not if what you're trying to do is stimulate debate, anyway. It's rather like posting about No Wave compilations on a basketball forum. You might get one or two "hmmm, interesting" type responses, but not much beyond that.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth