Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2009, 02:44 PM   #1221
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
There are no Decayes LP's in print anywhere in the world, to my knowledge. All of them are long gone, out-of-print etc. "Ich Bin Ein Spiegelei" was pressed in an edition of about 100 copies in 1978. All of the "Made in the USA" LP's were on my own "Imgrat" label (Imgrat = Immediate Gratification). I pressed an LP at each of the two New Zealand pressing plants, for the last two.

Ich Bin Ein Spiegelei (Imgrat 2400 001) 100 copies, 1978 (probably the most experimental one; as teenagers, we worshipped Faust, Zappa, early Kraftwerk - this is all we could come up with in our bedrooms!) This album is only Ron Kane (guitar, etc) & Paul Sakrison (drums, clarinet etc). Produced by Jordan Shroyer.

I went to England for the first time in September 1979 and met Steve Stapleton (who was still living with his mother, I believe) and Hemen (who was also on the first NWW, I think). In 1980, Hemen visited me in L.A., having made (or about to make) his "Hastings of Malawi" LP (called "Vibrant Stapler Obscures Characteristic Growth" on the Papal Products label).

Somehow (probably from Intergalactic Trading Co. in Portland, Oregon USA) Steve had obtained our first LP "Ich Bin Ein Spiegelei" and really liked it. I conmfess I was surprised that he put our name on the debut NWW LP (I think he gave me copy number "C6" of 500). Our LP was recorded at my home between 1975 and 1978, it consisted of two long instrumentals, with some comedy bits at the beginning or end of either track. Our big influence was Lard Free, the French avant-garde band (on the same trip that I met Steve and Hemen, I went to France and met and became friendly with Gilbert artman and his manager, Gilles Yepremian, who I know to this very day!). It's true, we were listening to a lot of German 'kosmische' music, but we were amateur musicians, very limited ability - the sounds on our records were only what we could wrench out of our instruments (in other words, we weren't musically capable of imitating *anybody*). I've heard our music called 'progressive' and even 'psychedelic' -you'll have to hear & it tell me what *you* think it is!

Steve and I had a lot of similar tastes in those days. We were both huge Basil Kirchen fans (in fact, Hemen gave me my copy of the wonderful "Worlds Within Worlds" LP on EMI-Columbia!). We were also both fond of Robert Wood, the American vibraphonist living in France. The best thing Steve turned me on to in 1979 was the world of Trevor Wishart, the avant-garde musician working of the university of York, I believe - "Beach Singularity" was the really good, as I recall.

Hope you find some of this shit interesting

Ron Kane

http://rapidshare.com/files/14160792..._Spiegelei.rar
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2009, 03:26 PM   #1222
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I sold an original pressing of that Twink LP for a pretty good sum once.
Great album!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2009, 02:29 PM   #1223
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
People - Ceremony / Buddha Meet Rock (1971)

Ceremony / Buddha Meet Rock
Style: Psych-Rock
Label: Lover Creation

Psychedelic rock from Japan. Vinyl release from 1971, from what I hear it's extremely hard to find, but has been reissued. This is the original vinyl rip.

I’m not sure if these guys actually existed as a performing band, or if they were only a studio super-session project. Guitarist Kimio Mizutani had previously [or simultaneously, or shortly after?] played with Love Live Life + One and Masahiko Satoh’s Sound Brakers . At any rate, their sole album, the concept piece ‘Ceremony – Buddha Meet Rock’ [Teichiku, 1971], is an absolute classic. The album came with extensive liner notes elaborating on the intended meaning for each track – the whole album flowing more or less as a conceptual whole. As the title would suggest, it was an attempt to fuse a Buddhist-influenced spiritual vibe into an innovative oriental form of hypnotic psychedelic progressive rock. It’s all quite unique and doesn’t sound like any preceding groups that I’m aware of, though some bits are like a much less-heavy Flower Travellin’ Band circa ‘Satori’. It’s a bit jazzy in places, hinting at some of Stomu Yamash’ta’s work with Come to the Edge. There’s lots of nice fuzz guitar leads and overall, a very sanctified vibe that makes this a deep but groovy experience. Following this , Mizutani recorded his equally great solo album. - Aural Assault

One of the gems I discovered after reading Julian Cope's Japrocksampler, this is up there with Satori in the canon of 1970's Japanese psychedelia. Original vinyl copies of this go for $5,000.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5u1tkokhrom
Old 07.27.2009, 03:08 PM   #1224
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
THANK YOU ALL!

Stomu Yamash'ta & Masahiko Satoh - Metempsychosis (1971)

Sunday, June 14, 2009

#fullpost{display:inline;}

January 27, 1971
Nippon Columbia Studio, Tokyo, Japan

Composed by Satoh, and recorded with Satoh on piano, Yamash'ta on
percussion and Miyama Toshiyuki & New Herd Orchestra on everything else.

Miyama Toshiyuki & the New Herd Orchestra:

Bass [Electric] - Masaaki Ito
Drums - Isao Yomoda
Engineer [Recording] - Yoshihiko Kannari
Producer - Takeshi Fujii
Saxophone [Alto] - Isao Kimura, Kazumi Oguro
Saxophone [Baritone] - Shigeru Hirano
Saxophone [Tenor] - Mamoru Mori, Seiji Inoue
Trombone - Masamichi Uetaka, Takahide Uchida, Takashi Hayakawa, Teruhiko Kataoka
Trumpet - Shin Kazuhara, Kazumi Takeda, Shuji Atsuta, Yoshikazu Kishi

Download

Thanks!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 07:24 AM   #1225
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
Wow. What a coincidence. Just got Satoh's Amalgamation a couple of days ago. Stuff's pretty hard to track down at times. Thanks.
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2009, 11:39 AM   #1226
sarramkrop

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_y35XeAsqK6...1600/cover.jpg
V/A - Another Damned Seattle Compilation (1991, Dashboard Hula Girl)
Back in 1991 when this disk saw the light of day, I would have bought damn near anything adorned with the Mudhoney moniker affixed to it. They were my primary motivation for obtaining this long out of print location-specific Damned tribute album, and as often is the case with compilations, I got a lot more than I bargained for including a greater appreciation of the band it was dedicated too. Mudhoney's lightning fast redo of "Stab Your Back," satisfied as much as I had anticipated, but I was even more floored when Flop's rendition of "Disco Man" came blasting out two songs later. Skin Yard's tackling of "Machine Gun Etiquette" erupts with whiplash fury from second one and doesn't relent one iota thereafter. Killer. Nirvana and Soundgarden may be absent here, but much of Seattle's indie creme de la creme is present and accounted for - The Posies, Fastbacks, Love Battery, Gas Huffer, and Young Fresh Fellows (the latter appearing twice, including their choice of "Life Goes On," an obscurity from the Damned's not oft heard Strawberries album). Virtual unknowns lost to the mists of time like Freak, Big Satan Inc, and Whitey do fine takes of "Antipope," "Melody Lee," and "Wait for the Blackout," respectively. Lots of Damned, Damned, Damned and Machine Gun Etiquette material is covered here, but lesser known albums (like the aforementioned Strawberries) are represented too. Most amazingly, who would have guessed in '91 that the Damned would still be cranking out records and touring?

01. The Purdins - 1 of the 2
02. Young Fresh Fellows - Fan Club
03. Coffin Break - Love Song
04. Skin Yard - Machine Gun Etiquette
05. Gas Huffer - Suicide
06. The Accused - Neat, Neat, Neat
07. Love Battery - I Just Can't Be Happy Today
08. Motorhoney - Psychomania
09. Freak - Antipope
10. Flop - Disco Man
11. Hammerbox - New Rose
12. Derelicts - Born to Kill
13. Gruntruck - Nasty
14. Mudhoney - Stab Your Back
15. The Posies - Smash It Up
16. Big Satan, Inc - Melody Lee
17. Whitey - Wait For The Blackout
18. Fastbacks - Hit Or Miss
19. Young Fresh Fellows - Life Goes On
http://rapidshare.com/files/26859003...ed_seattle.rar
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2009, 12:01 PM   #1227
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Many many thanks
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2009, 12:27 AM   #1228
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
this thread rules.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2009, 12:39 AM   #1229
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Here is my contribution, it took 4 hours to upload...

ladies and gentleman, in one 517mb RAR, I present:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6G80C661
6 albums and many many hours of Iancu Dumitrescu!

You'll get:

A Priori, 5 Implosions, Mythos, Astree Lointaine, Holzwege, Galaxy, Movemur Et Sumus, Reliefs, Memoriels, Basoreliefs, Meteors and Pulsars, Ouranos, Gnossis, Orion, Swarms, Labyrinthe, Pierres Sacrees, Harryphones, and Grand Ourse in this lovingly-assembled collection.

This really only collects about 40% of his work but some of it is a bit impossible to find. Highly reccomended.

Old 09.10.2009, 05:58 AM   #1230
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XHGG054

3 more Iancu albums (including a collab with David Prescott), along with some other goodies thrown in, including the new Flower Man. 449mb.

Old 09.10.2009, 11:56 AM   #1231
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
This looks awesome. Thanks much.
It's a shame that in his home-country nobody heard of him and his albums are impossible to find.
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2009, 08:15 AM   #1232
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

One more iancu

with Gol and Ana-Maria Avram "Musique Directe (2008)"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9gye3

Old 09.19.2009, 04:34 AM   #1233
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1K0XVOQ5

Singles 89-92, Total Destruction and Unsane by Unsane. All out of print poorly, some of the greatest noiserock ever made.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2009, 07:59 PM   #1234
simulated stereo
little trouble girl

simulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's assessimulated stereo kicks all y'all's asses
Here's Ruth White.

She made a couple of great electronic albums in the late 1960's before going on to a career making music for kids albums.

Ruth White

Seven Trumps from the Tarot Cards Plus Pinions, 1968

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r3s1gw

The Flowers of Evil, 1969

http://www.sendspace.com/file/scyhwo

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
simulated stereo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 09:52 AM   #1235
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by simulated stereo
Here's Ruth White.

She made a couple of great electronic albums in the late 1960's before going on to a career making music for kids albums.

Ruth White

Seven Trumps from the Tarot Cards Plus Pinions, 1968

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r3s1gw

The Flowers of Evil, 1969

http://www.sendspace.com/file/scyhwo

Both these records are excellent. I had them already, but thanks for posting them anyway.

And cheers atsonicpork
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2009, 10:45 AM   #1236
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
You OUGHT TO listen to this :
BRAZEN : ... As Floods Decrease

OOP for ages.
Amazing ep.
Uploaded for a friend, but i thought i might as well put it up here.
Old 10.07.2009, 03:49 PM   #1237
verme (prevaricator)
100%

MIKE KELLEY - THE PERILSTALTIC AIRWAVES & PLATO'S CAVE... (1987)

The Peristaltic Airwaves & Plato's Cave, Rothko's Chapel,Lincoln's Profile / High Performance Audio / cassette

Mike Kelley is one of my favourite american artists. Born in 1954, he's known for his performances, installations, videos and for being a former member of the noise rock/anti-rock outfit Destroy All Monsters (with Jim Shaw).
The A-side of this tape is the recording of a performance with Jack Shelley, Nic Greene, Dave Childs, Nancy Evans on KPFK Radio in sept. 30 1986, the B-side is recorded live December 5, 1986 at Artists Space in New York with Sonic Youth, Molly Cleator and Adam Rudolph on didgeridoo.
this experimental/noise rock/spoken word gem was ripped by Rain and you can get it here (ZIP/RS)

Mike Kelley & Paul McCarthy - Secession (1998)

Publié par armeur H à l'adresse 12:37

http://alicerabbit.blogspot.com/2009...-airwaves.html
Old 10.07.2009, 06:55 PM   #1238
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses

click image to download

the hello people - fusion

60s psychedelic bubblegum mimes.

enjoy.
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2009, 12:21 PM   #1239
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Beck
1992 Demo
Source: Master Cassette > PC > CD > EAC > CD > EAC > FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 Etree Edition >
01) Tough Fuckin Shit
02) Fuck You Up and Get High
03) Satan Was Way Cool
04) Blah Blah Blah Blah
05) mmmmmmmmmm
06) When the Water Will Take Back the Land
07) Run from the World
08) In This World
09) That Highway Won't Get You To Heaven
10) Ace of Spade
11) She Was A Beautiful Woman
12) I've Just Seen A Face Lift
13) Trash Can
14) Are You Positive
15) Loser (Demo)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kqz88l

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2009, 12:35 PM   #1240
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Sunburned Hand Of The Man - Blues For Game 2

1. Francona's Tower
  2. St. Shilling/Space/Me & My Ankle
  3. Bellhorn's Double
  4. Errorful Development
  5. Foulke On The Way
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q11xqu

(flac)

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
52596061 62 63646572 > »
-->