Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page scissor shock - tease the skeleton ep is out..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.08.2007, 10:50 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
scissor shock - tease the skeleton released!.. buy it today! The wait is finally over! The "Tease the Skeleton ep" by Scissor Shock is out! Mixing folk, noise, prog, no wave, jazz, math rock, glitch, and every kind of experimental sound in between, it's probably one of the most consistent works in Scissor Shock's catalogue and has been getting a great reception from all who hear it. Highly reccomended!

To order, paypal to dollfullofrivets@hotmail.com ! Or you can email him and ask for other ways of getting it!! I should be getting some copies in soon as well that I can distribute.

His description of this release: "
scissor shock – tease the skeleton ep cdr
Throw all your preconceived notions about this project out the window, as they give you a handful of very experimental tracks. Multiple instruments in a more traditional band sense, but not played in the same sense. Think hanatarash in a weirder state and more up to date sound.
$5 ppd north america/$7 ppd world
"

A review by Damno Te:

"Scissor Shock - Tease The Skeleton
Artist: Scissor Shock
Release: Tease The Skeleton
Label: dollfullofrivets
Year: 2007
Format: CDr
Tracks: 8
TRT: 30:29

This is the lastest EP soon be released on dollfullofrivets. If your familiar with Adam Cooley and Scissor Shock you'll know it's not your average style of noise. There's a lot of going on's in this release and here's a short mention of the types of sounds: Skipping CD sounds, vocal screaming, odd guitar playing, weird ass drums, Mario Brothers jumping for a coin?, buzzing, saxophone, lots of various samples, etc. This is free-rock-noise for sure. No structure and just plain fun! "Melting The Sun" is probably my favorite track on here as it's a total Free-jazz type track, in an odd way. I kinda wish the whole disc sounded like this track as it seemed to be the one with the most purpose. "Dissolved Stomach Calculations" is fairly insteresting as well. Great acid type sound using guitar tapping mixed with some decent drums. Overall this disc is a decent listen and something new for sure. If your a fan of Hobby Knife then you'll like this one. Lots of fun and a ton of sounds! "

As always, if anyone wants this, I can send it to them in rar format. But, y'know, support labels and stuff too if you got the cash.

Also, I/C/O/C released a new album as well! Get that while you're there!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2007, 11:42 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
for those who care, here's the label description of my release:

dfrp044
i/c/o/c – mainliner debutant cdr
Alphabet soup madness, well at least in track titles. Ten minute plus outings lumber along like a noise hulk that’s broken anchor and once again is out in open sea. Harsh and loud dense only begins to describe what is in store for you when you get your hands on this disc.
$5 ppd north america/$7 ppd world

http://www.myspace.com/icoc

so yeah, harsh noise, the last track is something different i have done (in sound, not so overtly different).
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2007, 04:29 AM   #3
sarramkrop

YOU......
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2007, 09:58 AM   #4
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Word.
Old 11.11.2007, 09:19 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I actually uploaded this for anyone who wants it. Still, I bet he sends tons of cool free shit if you actually buy it!

www.sendspace.com/file/nvzstk

Old 11.19.2007, 10:52 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Scissor Shock -- TEASE THE SKELETON ep [DFRP]

The unclassifiable glitch-noise band from Columbus returns with a new EP of damaged sounds and anti-tunes, eight slices of perverted riffs, exotic sounds, obtuse structures, and weird noises all configured into random-sounding tracks of... well... randomness. “Random” is probably the operative word with this band; despite their noise tag, their individual albums sound surprisingly different, and they are less about blowing up your ears than figuring out new and quixotic ways to scrunch together sounds that have no business coexisting in the same audio space. Revolving around Adam Cooley (the only full-time member), their approach to randomness is nowhere near as random as you might suspect -- there’s definitely a thoughtful kind of madness behind the construction of these audio blips -- but their approach is sufficiently arcane to make it nearly impossible to guess what will happen next, no matter what they’re doing at any given moment. The only real constant is that everything tends to sound like a damaged cd, one warped by heat or some other accident in such a fashion that everything is speeded up and skipping; this is the sound of enormous amounts of information being force-fed into intensely short increments of time. Contrary to some of their earlier releases, there’s very little harsh noise on this one, but instead many, many, many snippets of what were probably ordinary, entirely recognizable sounds before Cooley and co. started whittling them down and tying them together in bizarre musical strings. There are lots of frantic, broken beats and peculiar pinging sounds amid the sonic wreckage, along with what might be actual guitar riffs here and there or just samples from bargain-bin records. Any way you slice it, the EP is a strange listening experience, to be sure. Good, interesting, and heavy on the damaged-sound tip... but strange. Very strange.

from http://theonetruedeadangel.blogspot.com/

Old 11.19.2007, 11:44 PM   #7
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
As soon as I can afford it, I'll throw down...
dionysusundone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 11:59 PM   #8
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Were you disgruntled when Scissor Sisters reared their ugly heads?
Old 11.20.2007, 05:02 AM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

yeah, a little. ew.

Old 11.24.2007, 09:15 AM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

ah, okay, a split with oubliette is coming out in the next few days, and a split tape with mossy throats (one guy haunted castle) was just released through www.jktapes.tk ...

just trying to keep it all on one thread, y'know..

Old 11.24.2007, 02:15 PM   #12
lowlife
little trouble girl

lowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asses
I really liked the Scissor Shock track on the Abelian Groups Recordings 3" comp cdr, was my favorite track on it
lowlife is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2007, 08:21 AM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nflox-rM9mI

Rather than start another thread, I'll just bump this one. Go to that link above for the 17-(or so)person scissor shock set from a few years back...

Old 12.08.2007, 10:17 AM   #14
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I got this one downloaded now dude. My lazy ass just has to extract it, then I'm going to listen to it.

And, because I'm an asshole
Here's a review of my latest release

Joel Nobody tape review
Oh yeah, great day in the morning! I Love Carbon Monoxide Poisoning! And the rest of the tape too! Joel Nobody has put together a great collection of short musical bits and well thought out soundscapes to serve up one fine meal for the ears! Normally I would have no interest in a cassette of any kind but since my car happens to have an old tape deck in it I was thrilled to plug this one in. The sound quality's decent though it is a bit quiet so when yours arrives (by contacting Joel through my MySpace friends) be sure to turn your stereo up. I'm glad I did and I know you will be too. One more thing, it's FREE! When something costs nothing it's worth every cent!
(link in sig)
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2007, 08:19 AM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Old 12.09.2007, 08:24 AM   #16
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

seriously though watch that video.

it's surreal and scary as fuck. best scissor shock live video you'll ever see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2hWScxsqNo
^^^ Scissor Shock music video too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3R_9fWIAiE
^^^ my doom band Robe. from a few days ago..

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth