Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Listen up Geeks--new Harry Potter 5 trailer
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2007, 02:51 PM   #1
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I somehow forgot to post this yesterday.

New Harry Potter 5 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLud6yM47u8

But more importantly, what do you nerds think of Voldemort in a suit?

Isn't that just totally awesome? He's much scarier this way.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 03:00 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I think you could say that ANYONE with missing facial features is pretty fucking scary!

the trailer looked pretty good. that was easily the best Harry Potter book.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 03:06 PM   #3
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
You think? Almost every HP fan I know says it's their least favorite (that's not my own opinion, just one I hear a lot). My favorite is probably either the third or sixth book. In the sixth book, the amount of background information given was completely overwhelming, I had a hard time holding myself together while reading it because the whole time in my head I was thinking OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. I don't have a least favorite book, they've all been very satisfying. I love Snape. I hope he figures into the last one quite a bit.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 03:09 PM   #4
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
amazing amazing amazing.

I want to read the book but i dont have it. i do, but only in serbian
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 03:43 PM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
You think? Almost every HP fan I know says it's their least favorite (that's not my own opinion, just one I hear a lot).

I liked it better because it was darker and something different.

to me, book 6 seemed like a lot of fluff. it's as if she had to make sure that everything was wrapped up and ready to go for the last book.

my best guess at the last book is that we will find out that Harry himself is a Horcrux and contains the last part of Voldemort's soul. Harry's goin' down!!
Old 04.23.2007, 03:49 PM   #6
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Yeah, Harry's as good as dead.

Book 6 was a lot of awesome, if that's what you mean. I think it had more substance than the other books. The way she expanded on so many of the characters was fascinating. Esp. the "bad guys." I'm including Snape in there though I don't think he's actually bad.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 03:59 PM   #7
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I've yet to read any of the books. Or really see any of the movies.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 04:03 PM   #8
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I've yet to read any of the books. Or really see any of the movies.

Shame on you.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 04:08 PM   #9
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
The way she expanded on so many of the characters was fascinating.

yeah, honestly, that's kind of what I didn't like! I felt like I didn't take away anything new from reading it.

don't get me wrong, it's not a bad book on it's own, I'm just not sure it stands up to the rest of them!

one thing's for sure, that's the movie where Harry is recast by someone younger. those kids are getting a little old.
Old 04.23.2007, 04:17 PM   #10
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
yeah, honestly, that's kind of what I didn't like! I felt like I didn't take away anything new from reading it.

don't get me wrong, it's not a bad book on it's own, I'm just not sure it stands up to the rest of them!

one thing's for sure, that's the movie where Harry is recast by someone younger. those kids are getting a little old.

Uh, they're keeping all the kids on for all the remaining movies. Duuuuh.

And they really still look completely young. So I don't think it's a problem, especially when you consider the way teenagers are usually portrayed on television (by 30-year-old actors). These kids will be around 20 yrs when the last movie is filmed. That's okay with me. I'm days away from 19 and I still have to show my ID at R-rated movies (you're allowed in typically at 16 at our theater). If they think I'm below 16, I think the Harry Potter kids will be able to fool the audience similarly. Movie magic!

Oh, and, you're way wrong about Book 6. Were we reading the same book, after all? It was the one I took the most from. SO MUCH INFORMATION. Backgrounds and histories, seen through memories...I love that. There's no use in creating these characters if we know nothing about them. I like how the 6th book was kind of sympathizing with Voldemort, or at least how he used to be. I like how Harry drew so many parallels between himself and Voldemort. It's good to have a hero and a villain who are almost more alike than they are different.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 04:29 PM   #11
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I don't know...it just felt like a refresher course in PotterLand. even the "big shock" of Dumbledore dying was ruined beforehand.

it's going to be interesting to see how she gets Snape out of trouble. right now it sure looks like he'll be spending quality time as some warlock-named-Bubba's bitch in Azkaban.

the last movie was on HBO this weekend and I watched part of it again. man, I want a Death Eater tattoo on my arm.
Old 04.23.2007, 04:53 PM   #12
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't know...it just felt like a refresher course in PotterLand. even the "big shock" of Dumbledore dying was ruined beforehand.

it's going to be interesting to see how she gets Snape out of trouble. right now it sure looks like he'll be spending quality time as some warlock-named-Bubba's bitch in Azkaban.

the last movie was on HBO this weekend and I watched part of it again. man, I want a Death Eater tattoo on my arm.

Here are my feelings on the movies:

The first movie was terrible, the second movie was a bit better but still pretty bad, the third movie was excellent, and the fourth movie had too many edits and tried to cram too much into such a short amount of time, and completely left out the best part of the plot. Still though, it was entertaining, and I've seen it about a billion times.

I have way, way high hopes for the 6th movie. I wish Alfonso Cuarón would direct it, but I know that's just wishful thinking. He did such a fantastic job on the third one though. It was the only movie that didn't feel rushed.

As for Snape, I think Dumbledore gave him orders to kill him, that Snape didn't necessarily do it by choice. If Snape hadn't killed Dumbledore, then Draco would have had to, and I don't think Dumbledore wanted that to happen. So while that whole scene was playing out, I think the two of them were communicating using legilimency. Anyway, I don't think Snape will meet a happy end, but I do think he will generally be regarded as one of the "good guys" (at least moreso than bad) by the end of the series. Poor Snape. He'll die, no doubt. But not before he and Harry become BFFs.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 05:02 PM   #13
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Poor Snape. He'll die, no doubt. But not before he and Harry become BFFs.

thank you.

now when the last book ends with them holding hands and prancing around with unicorns....I won't be surprised!

and I don't think Dumbelldwarf would have TOLD him to kill, but I'm sure he knew about the unbreakable curse (or whatever MADE him do it).

sweet jeebus, you weren't kidding about this being a geek thread.
Old 04.23.2007, 05:11 PM   #14
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
thank you.

now when the last book ends with them holding hands and prancing around with unicorns....I won't be surprised!

and I don't think Dumbelldwarf would have TOLD him to kill, but I'm sure he knew about the unbreakable curse (or whatever MADE him do it).

sweet jeebus, you weren't kidding about this being a geek thread.

Yes, the Unbreakable Vow. Good job bringing it up, it totally slipped my mind. Yes, anyway, the point is that I don't think Snape wanted Dumbledore dead, but he had no choice. And you're right, Dumbledore definitely knew about this. Dumbledore is like Wizard God.

But I also think Dumbledore has been very manipulative throughout the whole series, because if he is as good as "all-knowing", then he could have definitely prevented many things from happening, and just chose not to. So I don't think Dumbledore is the sweet old man the books have made him out to be up to this point (though he was pretty ruthless in the 6th book I have to say).

Geeks unite.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 05:28 PM   #15
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
it's a trap!
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 05:33 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i've never read this potter crap. but you sickos are making me want to...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 05:35 PM   #17
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i've never read this potter crap. but you sickos are making me want to...

That's the downside--we are sick. You, too, will become one of us after reading Harry Potter.

Proceed with caution, is all I have to say.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 05:36 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That's the downside--we are sick. You, too, will become one of us after reading Harry Potter.

Proceed with caution, is all I have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
it's a trap!

eye zee...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 05:39 PM   #19
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I'm excited for Umbridge/Fred & George scene.

I'm excited for the DA.

I'm excited for the Ministry invasion.

Why was Voldemort at the train station? I do not understand, was it in the book?

I had a reason for Harry not being a Hoarcrux, but I can't remember it anymore. It makes sense that he'd be a Hoarcrux, but I would think that Voldemort would just kill him. Although I can easily see Voldemort saying "I didn't want to kill the one guy who could kill me, but I did want to make sure that he'd have to die in order to kill me." Also, I think the locket in Grimauld Place is a Hoarcrux.
Quote:
As for Snape, I think Dumbledore gave him orders to kill him, that Snape didn't necessarily do it by choice. If Snape hadn't killed Dumbledore, then Draco would have had to, and I don't think Dumbledore wanted that to happen. So while that whole scene was playing out, I think the two of them were communicating using legilimency. Anyway, I don't think Snape will meet a happy end, but I do think he will generally be regarded as one of the "good guys" (at least moreso than bad) by the end of the series. Poor Snape. He'll die, no doubt. But not before he and Harry become BFFs.
No shit.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 05:39 PM   #20
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
i told you it was a trap!
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth