Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Any Bad Seeds around?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2006, 01:34 PM   #21
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I'm just catching up on the board after a week away, so I haven't the time for an essay, but, yes, I love NCATBS - I've seen them 11 times, I think.

My fave is The Boatman's Call.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 04:20 PM   #22
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I'm just catching up on the board after a week away, so I haven't the time for an essay, but, yes, I love NCATBS - I've seen them 11 times, I think.

My fave is The Boatman's Call.

Holy shit! I'm a Cave fanatic but i've never seen them live. I wish........................Oh yes, I love Boatman's Call as well. It's a rather intimate Nick Cave record. I share many of his same beliefs that can be heard on Into My Arms. All Hail King Ink!

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 06:02 PM   #23
cura
empty page

cura has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I LOVE NICK CAVE !!!!

But, more than The Bad Seeds I love The Birthday Party, it's brilliant!!!!!!!!!!
cura is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 06:11 PM   #24
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Impossible to say a favourite NCATBS album. The first two or three albums had tracks which were sublime, but the more recent ones see Nick Cave's songwriting reach new heights & maturity. And his voice just gets better.

For the uninitiated, buy ANY record that Nick Cave has had any involvement with.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 06:17 PM   #25
cura
empty page

cura has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Well, my favourite is was and will be From her to eternity.

Masterpiece

(not that the others aren't, but i oh so loooove thatone...)
cura is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 07:16 PM   #26
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I find it sad that Blixa left. Road to God Knows Where is awesome, the part whjere Blixa is arguing against the venue about money and the venue dudes just aren't getting what he's saying, yet he doesn't back down, is great. Although, saying this, his departure did not affect the Bad Seeds at all, if you consider Abattoir Blues/the Lyre of Orpheus. But he was definitely a major part of the Bad Seeds, who will be missed, no doubt.

Anyone here seen the film The Proposition? It's a great movie, that only Mr Cave could have wrote. So very beautiful.
Old 07.09.2006, 07:38 PM   #27
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
my favourite would be, first born os dead, followed at the moment by no more shall we part then abbatoir. blixa leaving has had an effect on the bad seeds, maybe not on record, but live there was a hole on the stage where blixa once stood and a distinct lack of his unique guitar sound. there was a second keyboard player added who didnt do alot. warren ellis filled some of the shoes with the bazouki but not completely. i love all those mother fuckers though they are awesome.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 09:22 PM   #28
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
How long did Blixa play with him?

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 09:33 PM   #29
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
They are class. The Birthday Party is excellent as well.
Old 07.09.2006, 11:57 PM   #30
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookid

blixa was in the bad seeds from the start of the bad seeds until nocturna
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 01:12 PM   #31
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookid

Blixa was teamed with Nick Cave at the last stage of the Birthday Party (He played guitar on Mutiny In Heaven) As Far as the Bad Seeds go, he was in From Her To Eternity until Nocturama. He worked on Nocturama. He is still friends with the band though.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth