Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Dinosaur Jr Friday!!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.03.2006, 06:13 AM   #21
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I have to say it - I saw Dino Jr, with the J / Lou / Murph lineup on 5 May 1989.

SETLIST: The Post / They Always Come / Budge / Gigantic (the Pixies song) / In a Jar / Does It Float / Napalm Death / Freak Scene / Bulbs of Passion / Sludgefeast / Raisans / Chunks

Now you may bow before me!

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 09:26 AM   #22
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
AND I just saw that Comets on Fire is opening for them along with Priestess that night. I LOVE Comets- right fucking on!

Friend's with one of the guitarists. I want him to get me some Dinosaur Jr. stuff, but I doubt it. They really made it a long way though, they started out in Aylmer, QC where I live and they hit it really big. I can get my hands on tonnes of pictures eventually, I'll post them when I can. I don't like the band itself, but I'm so jealous that they're playing with COF and Dino Jr.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 10:41 AM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
SORRY FOR THE DELAY!

I fucking rocked my ASS OFF Friday!

My friend Kerry Payne said it was "4 hours of rock in a two hour bag!" and he was FUCKING RIGHT!
they blew our asses out! DINOSAUR! The single best greatest heaviest loudest show I have ever ever been to.
The only way to top this show is if Sonic Youth toured and played only songs from sister, Evol and Daydream nation!!!! FUCK IT WAS AN ORGASMIC DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!

I cannot remember the full set list but here is a list of trhe songs I do remmeber them playing. the only one I did not recognize is an old DEEP WOUND song they played

Forget The Swan
Repulsion
Kracked
does it float
Little Fury Things
The Lung
(more I cannot remember)

1st encore
Freak Scene
Just Like Heaven
The WAGOn (!)

second encore
Throw Down
CHUNKS!

My soon to be ex-wife said it was like after GREAT SEX. we all had giddy fucking grins and blown out eardrums and I LOVE DINOSAUR JR!

Here are some pics.
Here is J's MASSIVE stacks of Marshall AMPS. there was a 4th one on stage right that I could not get in the shot. SO LOUD!

Here are some more shots

Old 04.03.2006, 10:42 AM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 04.03.2006, 10:44 AM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Old 04.03.2006, 10:45 AM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Old 04.03.2006, 12:50 PM   #27
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome.....nice pics.
Old 04.04.2006, 09:18 AM   #28
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Oh, I can't fucking wait for the 4/7 show. Looks like it was an excellent show.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 07:27 AM   #29
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
In just under 12 hours from now, at 101 Biltmore Ave.,
Asheville, NC, The Orange Peel, I will be watching the act of Dinosaur Jr.
I will be there front row watching J., Lou, & Murph fucking kick ass.
Before the show starts I will be remembering what a great show SY had put on here a year & a half ago.
The opening acts are Dead Meadows, & Priestess.
& I can't fucking wait. I look forward to sharing the experience w/ you.
-George Carlin
Old 04.07.2006, 09:02 AM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I missed Priestess, but from what I was told, they were terrible. Dead medows is straight up Sabbathy stoner sludge rock, done VERY WELL. good stuff to groove to heavy heavy shit

then, when dinosaur jr jumps the stage, watch as three middle aged men unleash a beast of fury and sound and noise (the shit will be LOUD! I was singing along at every song at the top of my lungs and I could not hear myself one bit!) and ROCK, oh my fucking christ the ROCK!!!!

They will blast your musical asshole into a new dimension. They will show you how sad and pathetic and fucking second and third rate so many of todays "rocking" emo acts and pop punk acts really are.

all praises are due to dinosaur....
Old 04.07.2006, 09:25 AM   #31
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Thanks for some details Rob. I've seen J. before (J.Mascis+The Fog), & I was just in awe of his lead solo's. There is nothing like it. & getting to see the original Dinosaur Jr., w/ Lou, & Murph, it's gonna be overwhelming I'm sure.
I hope it's as loud as you describe it, 'cuz I sing to live songs as well, & let me tell ya', I sound horrible.
-George Carlin
Old 04.07.2006, 02:32 PM   #32
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Enjoy.....Dead Meadows are pretty good too.
Old 04.08.2006, 02:28 AM   #33
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I just got back home from the show. Oh my god, that was an amazing show.
I'll start w/ some stories. Right before picking up the tickets @ willcall, I'm walking up to The Orange Peel, & I see J. & the rest of Dino Jr. hanging out outside. I walked past J. wearing my J.Mascis+The Fog t-shirt, & Murph said,
"Cool shirt".
Now the actual show. Priestess sucked, & Dead Meadow was fucking awesome. The bass player is absolutely amazing live. I'm definetly getting into the Dead Meadows.
Now, Dinosaur Jr. What's there to say. J., Lou, & Murph have a show that could kick anyone's ass. Of course, I got there early so I was right up front on the left side of the stage. I'm still too much in awe to remember what all they played, but I'll remember every second for the rest of my life.
Finale;
After the 2nd encore was over, Murph looked in to the front row of the audience & tossed one of his drumsticks, & guess who came up w/ it.
I'll say it again, the show was fucking amazing.
-George Carlin

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth