Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page i wish 'Or' was like ten minutes long
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2006, 08:43 PM   #101
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
dude, I can't believe I reasd this whole thread. I feel almost as dumb as they arguing.
almost.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 04:24 PM   #102
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I don't.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 04:27 PM   #103
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
is it just me or does it seem like everyone has heard the album?

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 04:50 PM   #104
createsounds
little trouble girl

createsounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
.......i diDnt read the wHole thing but, im with you guys .. the NEW Sonic youth is the best .... the old stuff is awesome ......AND THE FUTURE IS UNTOLD - BUT LOOKS TOWARD THE SKY
...the whole thing is just progression .....

but what i dont get is why the hell some one would come to this forum if they dont like NEW sonic youth... cuz that means they just actually like the memoris of sonic youth's past .. not sonic youth in the present tense .....
BUT MORE IMPROTANTLY
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU COME TO A BANDS FORUM AND THEN DISS THEM
THAT JUST PLAIN RETARDED
ECSPEACIALLY WHEN IT IS MADE KNOWN THAT THEY VISIT AND READ THE POSTS..

createsounds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2007, 12:37 AM   #105
iminsane
little trouble girl

iminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud of
Or is the best song off of Rather Ripped
iminsane is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2007, 12:44 AM   #106
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I find sonic youth have done way more effective minimalistic songs than "or" and "Do you bel..... rapture". It feels like there's something missing to them. I like the Destroyed Room way more than Rather Ripped to be honest. Fire Engine Dream is where it's at!
Old 01.11.2007, 08:35 AM   #107
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
on rather ripped 'or' didn't really catch me.. but when they played it in brussels i got goosebumps right away...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2007, 11:33 AM   #108
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
on rather ripped 'or' didn't really catch me.. but when they played it in brussels i got goosebumps right away...

we're gonna go to d.c. and hang out . . . . .. . . . . . go watch girrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllllsssss . . . . . . . . . rock. . . .

yeah this song was fuckin great live . . . lee knockin the wood n all . . . but i still prefer pink steam from the album.
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2007, 12:43 PM   #109
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmhouse
we're gonna go to d.c. and hang out . . . . .. . . . . . go watch girrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllllsssss . . . . . . . . . rock. . . .

yeah this song was fuckin great live . . . lee knockin the wood n all . . . but i still prefer pink steam from the album.

Same, pink steam was the most satisfying song for me. But Reena and Incinerate bring back good summertime memories
Old 01.11.2007, 03:03 PM   #110
Molly
empty page

Molly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentata
I could go with OR being longer. I can imagine Kim and Thurston having discussions about he and Coco going to DC to hear Kim and her band playing, and it made be think that they may read the discussion board (which comes first - the music or the words). I thought the song was pretty much a lot about the mundane stuff we take for granted (as Seinfeld was a "show about nothing"), and it was interesting to get a glimpse into their world.
Molly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2007, 06:33 PM   #111
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Or is too boring for it to be 10 minutes long. If it were, I would have just thrown Rather Ripped in the garbage.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth