Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page perfect songs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2010, 07:08 AM   #661
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
what a load of fucking shit thread. there are no perfect songs just idiots making lists of songs they like because they can picture themselves in the place of thurston or kurt cobain or some asshole and their idea of music is some sort of dreamy transubstansiation with a rockstars image on a stage to remove them from the misery of their own shitty life were everyone thinks they are a douche and they try to enjoy sonic youth mp3s like its a fucking relegion that will lead them to the facist rock dream promised land not a horrible chore
or maybe people just genuinely enjoy music
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2010, 05:54 PM   #662
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
then they are even more boring than you are.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2010, 07:49 PM   #663
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
what a load of fucking shit thread. there are no perfect songs just idiots making lists of songs they like because they can picture themselves in the place of thurston or kurt cobain or some asshole and their idea of music is some sort of dreamy transubstansiation with a rockstars image on a stage to remove them from the misery of their own shitty life were everyone thinks they are a douche and they try to enjoy sonic youth mp3s like its a fucking relegion that will lead them to the facist rock dream promised land not a horrible chore.

OH WAIT NO IM SORRY.

PAVEMENT - STEREO MAN THIS SON GIS SO PERFEC ITS LIKE LIKE THE PREFECTIFIDOSDFNSDAF IWENSJEFKAN WESJ;WEFSKJL;ASEFJIM WAIPOR132ERWDFS

I'm pretty certain this little rant has absolutely nothing to do with the concept behind this thread. If you can't absorb music without attempting to vicariously place yourself in the place of the musician, or even assume that everyone else does the same, than that's pretty sad, obscure and I feel bad for you.

You've taken the confession of others concepts of a perfectly contrived song (as a craft or artform) and limited it to their association with the 'rock-star' status of the musicians..... confussed?

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2010, 08:03 PM   #664
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
omg IT WAS A JOKE but i am so glad i said it now to be graced with all this illuminating whinging. get over it maybe? or you could bore me to death continuing to discuss the semantic details of my TAKE THE PISS posts and relating them to failings in my life and personality and inability to understand the rule never ever dare to comment negatively about generic syg post no. 902371492 "I LOVE SONIC YOUTH I LOVE NIRVANA".

im sorry i didnt think it is the greatest thing to ever happen in the world. i am so very terribly sorry. i am crying tears of liquid boredom in shame of not getting the concept beyond the "post whatever song you decide is perfect" thread". please accept my utter submission to your many points, i have been bested and hang my head in utter shame. even this sarcasm is boring. please respond in non boring attacks that show me up and make me look stupid i await in BOREDOM.

come on guys why cant you embrace the philosophy of board as dicktopia? is it because you are too bored listening to so much beatles the crappiness has turned you into an angry husk of a person?
Old 06.19.2010, 03:28 AM   #665
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
^ [yawn]

I'm bored, I'm boring, I'm angry at the world, blabbity blabbity....

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2010, 03:37 AM   #666
ni'k
invito al cielo

accusing someone of being angry at the world is just an empty argument. you start talking all this stuck up shit about how i cant listen to music correctly and you feel sorry for me after a joke post and then when i to salvage a joke out of it you post a yawn. thanks for that.
Old 06.19.2010, 08:31 AM   #667
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I forgot a lot of stuff. I was going to list some classical and avant garde electronic compositions as well (John Chowing's "Stria" and Jean-Claude Risset's "Mutations") but I got bored.

oh...I was just referring to Nirvana's perfect songs.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 01:09 AM   #668
yumopal
little trouble girl

yumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud of
new order - temptation, ceremony
joy division - new dawn fades
pj harvey - the dancer
CAN - moonshake, Halleluhwah
john coltrane - crescent
red house painters - katy song
big black - kerosene
mogwai - cody
tom waits - tango till they're sore
sonic youth - star power, schizoperinia, 'cross the breeze, i dreamed i dream, the world looks red
velvet underground - venus in furs
kraftwerk - radioactivity
brian eno - baby's on fire, third uncle, deep blue day
van morrison - madame george
dylan - i shall be released, subterranean homesick blues, It's alright ma, knocking on heaven's door, moonshiner, ballad of a thin man
charles mingus - better git it in your soul
astor piazolla - libertango, milonga del angel
built to spill - i would hurt a fly
captain beefheart - electiricity
david bowie - after all, velvet goldmine , art decade
funkadelic - super stupid
husker du - whatever
jesus & mary chain - just like honey, hardest walk
modest mouse - cowboy dan
stooges - gimme danger, fun house
joni mitchell -a case of you
king crimson - red, 20th century schizoid man
little richard - long tall sally
lou reed - sad song
mazzy star - be my angel
MC5-kick out the jams
meat puppets - oh me
morphine - night, buena
my bloody valentine - no more sorry, only shallow
nick cave & the bad seeds - mercy seat, loverman
nick drake - pink moon
patti smith - land, free money
PIL - memories, radio4
radiohead - let down, everything in its right place, fog
raincoats - void
shudder to think - hot one
rapeman - trouser minnow
replacements - androgynous
Ride -dreams burn down
roxy music - if there is something
Slint - good morning captain
slowdive -dagger
syd barrett - octopus
television -marquee moon
unwound -kantina, terminus
tangerine dream - mysterious semblance at the strand of nightmares
primal scream - higher than the sun, blood money
yumopal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 01:11 AM   #669
yumopal
little trouble girl

yumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud of
johnny cash - god's gonna cut you down
Bob marley - natural mystic, redemption song
Old 07.02.2010, 02:08 AM   #670
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
^ the dude's got good taste.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 03:44 AM   #671
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
This song. Finally got the footage of it too for those of you who pm'd me. It's here.

RADIO FRIENDLY UNIT SHIFTER

(its alittle fast, alot of drunk, we learned it and practiced it once before this gig, and never learned the bridge...and i only had a distortion pedal and a big muff, but I still think it came out pretty good.)

http://vimeo.com/13028414

Edit: sorry, dont know where else to post it. Fuck that post graveyard called "do you have a band"
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 04:10 AM   #672
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses

Womack & Womack: Teardrops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C1UqHWGibk

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 06:39 AM   #673
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
This thread is way too subjective to be taken seriously.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 10:16 AM   #674
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
This thread is way too subjective to be taken seriously.

hi! welcome to the non-sonic sounds forum; a place to have wank, post a list and take yr own personal tastes in music far too seriously, because, you know, it's a perfect reflection of WHO YOU ARE.

that's why there are XXX pages of "perfect" songs. LISTS of "perfect" songs.

don't get me wrong, I have more than one favorite song (at any given time), but calling any of them "perfect" just feels like starfuckery.

Quote:
what a load of fucking shit thread. there are no perfect songs just idiots making lists of songs they like because they can picture themselves in the place of thurston or kurt cobain or some asshole and their idea of music is some sort of dreamy transubstansiation with a rockstars image on a stage to remove them from the misery of their own shitty life were everyone thinks they are a douche and they try to enjoy sonic youth mp3s like its a fucking relegion that will lead them to the facist rock dream promised land not a horrible chore.

TRUTH.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 04:49 PM   #675
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Velvet Underground - Heroin
The Stooges - Gimme Danger
The Pixies - Bird dream of the olympus Mons
Wipers - So Young
The Doors - End of the Night
Nirvana - Do Re Mi
Sonic Youth - Catholic Block

off the top of my head.....
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2010, 02:24 AM   #676
yumopal
little trouble girl

umm forgot something
Throwing muses-hook in her head, hate my way
Old 07.05.2010, 03:01 AM   #677
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Roxy Music - Mother of Pearl
Charles Manson - Look at yr Game Girl + Mechanical Man
Pere Ubu - Chinese Radiation
The Stooges - Gimmie Danger + Joanna + Sick of You
Johnny Thunders - Can't put yr Arms around a Memory
Iggy Pop - Low Life
Throbbing Gristle - Weeping
Nico - The End (Kills The Door's version)
Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)
Mudhoney - Burn it Clean
Hendrix - Peace in Mississippi + Angel
Led Zep - In My Time of Dying
Beck - Rowboat
Velvet Underground - Venus in Furs + Heroin
SOundgarden - 4th of July + Applebite
J. Coltrane - My Favorite Things
Skip James - Hard Time Killing Floor Blues + Crow Jane
Wipers - Over the Edge + This Time
Melvins - Honey Bucket
Scratch Acid - Crazy Dan
Nirvana - Negative Creep

Tons, tons, tons.
Old 07.08.2010, 06:20 PM   #678
Newfoundland
bad moon rising

Newfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's asses
Brian Eno - Spider and I

Some of the most perfect music I´ve ever heard.
Newfoundland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2010, 08:47 PM   #679
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Void - Who Are You?
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 08:28 AM   #680
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Lungs: steve Earle

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
313233 34 353637 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth