Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.26.2013, 03:52 PM   #35561
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
she needs gluteal-orthodics
Old 08.26.2013, 03:53 PM   #35562
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Here's one for the board, do our posts from pre 2009 disappear? I can't seem to find any of my posts pre- this era.

There was a massive purge....sometime ago. threads wear deleted....and I think some people too....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2013, 03:58 PM   #35563
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
There was a massive purge....sometime ago. threads wear deleted....and I think some people too....

Good job co's my gf has just joined

Really though i'm a bit peeved cos' I had some epic drug posts awhile back....quite liberating to look back at, like some sort of wasting online diary.

Any idea how it happened?
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2013, 03:58 PM   #35564
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

No, you've just posted too much. It only stores your last 500 posts. On my "threads started by" it goes all the way back to may 2007 because I've only started 500 posts in that time span Yours goes back to 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
1. please don't compare "a generation of women" to the filthy cracker seed of billy ray cyrus

2. when michael jackson touched his little weewee, you swooned in approval

Dude, Miley is just representative of what ALL the mainstream chicks have been doing in the past ten years. Class and good taste are completely out of style, whorish displays are in vogue. Women ages 15-35 are seemingly caught up on this nonsense as if it were empowering rather than degrading.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2013, 04:03 PM   #35565
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Dude, Miley is just representative of what ALL the mainstream chicks have been doing in the past ten years. Class and good taste are completely out of style, whorish displays are in vogue. Women ages 15-35 are seemingly caught up on this nonsense as if it were empowering rather than degrading.

you gotta catch the next greyhound out of LA

but michael jackson's little weewee
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2013, 04:05 PM   #35566
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you gotta catch the next greyhound out of LA

but michael jackson's little weewee

Bro, it ain't LA, its everywhere. If anything, surprisingly LA women have a vestige of class and good taste left, because we went through our whorish phase in the late 80s-early 1990s. Its the REST of America, including ALL the chicks on the TV and pop music industry that are caught up. What's next, Taylor Swift twerking it too?

Old 08.26.2013, 04:10 PM   #35567
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Bro, it ain't LA, its everywhere. If anything, surprisingly LA women have a vestige of class and good taste left, because we went through our whorish phase in the late 80s-early 1990s. Its the REST of America, including ALL the chicks on the TV and pop music industry that are caught up. What's next, Taylor Swift twerking it too?

maybe you watch too much tv and extrapolate it when it comes to "real" people.
Old 08.26.2013, 04:15 PM   #35568
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
maybe you watch too much tv and extrapolate it when it comes to "real" people.

Those ARE real people. If those are the celebrities, role models, and image which "real" people absorb, and further if those celebrities reflect what people want to see (that is sort of how TV and lame fashion magazines work) then duh, that is what real women are into. Look at Beyonce for example. All kinds of ordinary chicks were ridiculously into Beyonce. "All The Single Ladies" was like the most annoying hit single for ordinary women, and yet, look at here Superbowl performance? I think you are inordinately dismissing my premise. Just because the women you know aren't whores, doesn't mean that whorish values are increasingly becoming the norm. I mean, yeah, the VMAs are always scandalous, but that used to be the exception, not the rule. Now? Different ball game.

Old 08.26.2013, 04:43 PM   #35569
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Those ARE real people. If those are the celebrities, role models, and image which "real" people absorb, and further if those celebrities reflect what people want to see (that is sort of how TV and lame fashion magazines work) then duh, that is what real women are into. Look at Beyonce for example. All kinds of ordinary chicks were ridiculously into Beyonce. "All The Single Ladies" was like the most annoying hit single for ordinary women, and yet, look at here Superbowl performance? I think you are inordinately dismissing my premise. Just because the women you know aren't whores, doesn't mean that whorish values are increasingly becoming the norm. I mean, yeah, the VMAs are always scandalous, but that used to be the exception, not the rule. Now? Different ball game.

michael jackson touched his lil' weewee in the 80s

and elvis shook his pelvis in the cave ages

and this is from 1963:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLOT7_GiHqY

(funny thing, i can't watch it right now but i hope it is what i think it is because she's magnificent).

my problem w/ the filthy cracker seed of billy ray cyrus has to do with her (dogface no-talent spastic) and not with sex or the rest of the universe
Old 08.26.2013, 04:57 PM   #35570
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

You're missing the point. Its not just Miley Cyrus. Its not like she is the first person to be exploited for their sexuality, or to act a fool on television. Its that its increased in scale and acceptability. Its become less controversial or scandalous, and become increasingly expected of women in the spotlight. You can go back over the past ten years and be surprised at which women felt the need to be in Maxim magazine, or to be overly sexual in their music or acting, or to have "sex scenes" or nudity in their films. Again, class and good taste are losing traction. If that is what celebrity women are doing, then it is reflecting what ordinary women at least accept. I'm not saying all kinds of regular chicks at your job or family reunion or going to suddenly start twerking, its that ordinary chicks are less offended or upset at seeing other women degrading themselves as such. Its almost a paradigm shift. What used to be seedy, is considered mainstream. I ain't a prude by the way, its just a shame to see so many women acting so foolish, especially when at this time women are leading in educational attainment, careers, home ownership, financial compensation etc etc etc. Its a time where the ordinary woman should be more celebrity and in vogue than ever, and yet it seems the opposite.

Just realized Robin Thicke wasn't going for Beetlejuice.. dude was trying to be Cher

Old 08.27.2013, 12:36 AM   #35571
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Old 08.27.2013, 06:19 AM   #35572
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
and become increasingly expected of women in the spotlight.

Just wanted to point out there a few women who choose not to do this:

Joss Stone
Kelly Clarkson
Miranda Lambert
Sarah McLachlan
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 09:22 AM   #35573
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You're missing the point. Its not just Miley Cyrus. Its not like she is the first person to be exploited for their sexuality, or to act a fool on television. Its that its increased in scale and acceptability. Its become less controversial or scandalous, and become increasingly expected of women in the spotlight. You can go back over the past ten years and be surprised at which women felt the need to be in Maxim magazine, or to be overly sexual in their music or acting, or to have "sex scenes" or nudity in their films.

I agree. Sex has always played a part in pop culture but, as you say, it definitely seems to have increased in terms of scale and acceptability. I hate this topic though cos any reservations about it always ends up sounding prudish.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 10:41 AM   #35574
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 10:46 AM   #35575
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I agree. Sex has always played a part in pop culture but, as you say, it definitely seems to have increased in terms of scale and acceptability. I hate this topic though cos any reservations about it always ends up sounding prudish.

i don't mind sex as long as it's not a cover for an appalling lack of talent (speaking of talent, you gotta look at that rita renoir video i posted.) suchfriends doesn't mind sex as long as it's coming from men.

i'm much more bothered about decades of criminally-costumed males singing about "bitches and money" and treating women like shit as if it was the best thing ever.
Old 08.27.2013, 11:07 AM   #35576
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I saw the clip and loved it, but there's obviously a difference between a woman doing a strip tease in an art movie that's clearly aimed at (and at the time restricted to) an adult audience and a lapdancing Hannah Montana with a core fan base made up largely of children.

You're obviously right that sex has always been used to sell pop music but it almost seems now as though pop music has become a way to sell copies of Maxim, or to promote a pop star's latest sex tape. That's why I at least respect Paris Hilton's honesty. She doesn't waste time making records (anymore) and just gets straight down to business, climbing on and off yachts without her knickers.
Old 08.27.2013, 11:39 AM   #35577
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I saw the clip and loved it, but there's obviously a difference between a woman doing a strip tease in an art movie that's clearly aimed at (and at the time restricted to) an adult audience and a lapdancing Hannah Montana with a core fan base made up largely of children.

if you saw the face of karate kid you can tell that shit backfired like a splash of urine into a speeding fan, right?

Quote:
You're obviously right that sex has always been used to sell pop music but it almost seems now as though pop music has become a way to sell copies of Maxim, or to promote a pop star's latest sex tape. That's why I at least respect Paris Hilton's honesty. She doesn't waste time making records (anymore) and just gets straight down to business, climbing on and off yachts without her knickers.

that's not what i'm saying. i'm saying i'm okay with selling sex outright. as long as it's good sex for sale, and not some spastic atrocity to cover up a painful lack of talent and/or a mental breakdown. problem with celebrities is that they get to have their breakdowns in full view of the public-- i pity the fuckers. but hey, they wanted to be famous.
Old 08.27.2013, 11:57 AM   #35578
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Buzzing ! Just bought a new synth, get ready for some new sexy 80's swirling pads.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 12:55 PM   #35579
chocolate_ladyland
children of satan

chocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

this is the greatest thing I have ever seen

chocolate_ladyland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 01:09 PM   #35580
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

this is the greatest thing I have ever seen

Brilliant!
1279167917291769177617771778 1779 178017811782178918291879 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth