Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page 2Pac
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2007, 09:03 PM   #41
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Never did care for Tupac. I'm a huge rap fan though, but I never saw the hype behind him. Give me the workings of Chuck D, Saul Williams, Doom, Rakhim, Ghostface, Immortal Technique.... and so on and so forth, any day over Pac
vulva is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2007, 09:46 PM   #42
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
rza sounds more like an auctioneer than a rapper, but i love him anyway.

other than that, i'm not quite sure what diesel is talking about.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2007, 10:12 PM   #43
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
ah. well that makes perfect sense.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 06.29.2007, 11:21 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Makaveli is the Christ of Hip Hop. There can be no denying it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2007, 11:32 PM   #45
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

christ or not, could you maybe post a less obnoxiously large image?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 06.29.2007, 11:56 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
christ or not, could you maybe post a less obnoxiously large image?

no.

And God said he should send his one begotten son
to lead the wild into the ways of the man
Follow me; eat my flesh, flesh and my flesh...

Penetentiaries is packed with promise makes
Never realize the precious time the bitch niggaz is wastin
Instutionalized I lived my life a product made to crumble
But too hardened for a smile, we're too crazy to be humble, we ballin
Catch me father please, cause I'm fallin, in the liquor store
That's the Hennessee I hear ya callin, can I get some more
Hail til I reach Hell, I ain't scared
Mama checkin in my bedroom; I ain't there
I got a head with no screws in it, what can I do
One life to live but I got nuttin to lose, just me and you
on a one way trip to prison, sellin drugs
We all wrapped up in this livin, life as Thugs
To my homeboys in Quentin Max, doin they bid
Raise hell to this real shit, and feel this
When they turn out the lights, I'll be down in the dark
Thuggin eternal through my heart, now Hail Mary nigga

Old 06.30.2007, 12:01 AM   #47
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

why'd you slang crack?
cuz I had too..
why'd you pack straps?
cuz I had too..
why'd you jack for scratch?
cuz I had too..
for real, cuz a nigga got to pay the fuckin rent..

Crazy I gotta work wit what u gave me
claiming I'm a criminal
when u da one that made me
They got me trapped in this slavery
Now I'm lost
in this holocaust
headin' for my grave G'
I told sam he could fuck the war
And got a busted jaw for sayin' fuck da law
And if u wonder why I'm mad
check the record
what's a nigga gotta do
to get respected
Sometimes I think I'm gettin' tested
And if I don't say yes
a nigga quick to get arrested..
Thats the reason I stay vested
I keep a vest on my chest
cuz the cops are gettin restless
Walkin' around ready to light shit up
some say I'm slightly nuts
Buck buck is the sound of my tool as
Other niggas pay attention when a fool busts
They make a nigga out to be a killer
I used to be a dealer
but they wanna see who's realer

Now the same muthafucka's wanna murder me
And I wonder if the Lord ever heard a me?
I need loot, so I'm doing what I do
And don't say shit until u walk
in my shoes
There was no other destiny to choose
I had nuttin' left to lose
So I'm singin' the nigga blues

Now I'm heading for da muthafuckin' pen

Old 06.30.2007, 12:11 AM   #48
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Are you striving for humour? Because you're appearing funny.
Old 06.30.2007, 12:12 AM   #49
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

suchstupidheadsaredangerous, those words are very un-rastafari of you.

and i guarantee you that not one bone in your silly-hat wearing body knows anything about the "nigga" experience. having dreads doesn't give you any street cred. sorry, b.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 06.30.2007, 11:42 AM   #50
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
suchstupidheadsaredangerous, those words are very un-rastafari of you.

and i guarantee you that not one bone in your silly-hat wearing body knows anything about the "nigga" experience. having dreads doesn't give you any street cred. sorry, b.

oh how cute. you double stereotyped me against other stereotypes which you believed I know nothing about. Makaveli is the Christ of Hip Hop. There is no denying it. Dreads dont give you street cred, actually they take it away. But who said i was born with dreads in buttfuck midwest W.A.S.P Iowa? this is LA remember? white people in the traditional sense are an endangered species.

Old 06.30.2007, 06:29 PM   #51
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
oh how cute. you double stereotyped me against other stereotypes which you believed I know nothing about. Makaveli is the Christ of Hip Hop. There is no denying it. Dreads dont give you street cred, actually they take it away. But who said i was born with dreads in buttfuck midwest W.A.S.P Iowa? this is LA remember? white people in the traditional sense are an endangered species.

pac is not the christ of hip hop. in all seriousness, he helped create the monstrosity we have today that masquerades around pretending to be hip hop. that doesn't take away from the fact that he was an extremely talented individual and an amazingly charming actor, though. still, saying he's the "christ of hip hop" is a loaded statement. if anything, he's hip hop's polar opposite to malcolm x, because he started off quite militant and focused, but ended up in a piss poor haze of ignorance and got killed before he could get any worse. that's more saving grace than martyrdom.

and about the endangered white people in LA (oh the thought!), i'd rather encounter one of them than a trustafarian who thinks he knows every fucking thing about black people in the world because he read some garvey (which, if he really understood, he would realise there are black nationalists that would love to have his head on a fucking platter for insulting them), rocks out to bob marley, and smokes pot. i'd rather deal with an everyday joe than one like that or any other forced eccentric. i really think you'd be a neat dude if you didn't try so hard, but you do, so fuck it.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 06.30.2007, 09:09 PM   #52
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I never really gave a fuck about this board. Same bullshit, different losers.

The thing about white, upper class, english speaking people like us is that we don't understand hip hop as a subculture. We don't take the time to know hip hop, but instead complain about how they're so "stupid" using NIGGA all the time. Well guess what? Miles Davis and Curtis Mayfield used nigga every second word. They're products of their environments. Can you paint the american flag without using red? Can you talk about hip hop when they were originally really living in an environment where "hoes" were common? They're reflecting on where it originated.

And rap sounding all the same? Listen to dub and say that. I'm sure if you grew up listening to dub, you could easily differenciate the songs, and rock would sound all the same to you. Really, try to get into it! A RZA/ Kanye style beat sounds soooo different from a timbaland or Scott Storch beat. Once you start really feeling it, the sound will be far more diverse.
Old 06.30.2007, 09:44 PM   #53
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
dub isn't rap. Are you functionally retarded?
Old 06.30.2007, 10:21 PM   #54
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
...or you don't know the usage of a comparison.
Old 06.30.2007, 10:39 PM   #55
vulva
the end of the ugly

It was a pretty pisspoor comparison. If you're gonna do a comparison, why not use something more pertanent to the forum's more commonly prefered musical genres? Don't you, conventionally atleast, use a comparison where a person can draw a relation to the topic as opposed to taking one seemingly theoretical concept and comparing it to another theoretical concept? I could be way off base, though.
Old 06.30.2007, 10:46 PM   #56
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulva
It was a pretty pisspoor comparison. If you're gonna do a comparison, why not use something more pertanent to the forum's more commonly prefered musical genres? Don't you, conventionally atleast, use a comparison where a person can draw a relation to the topic as opposed to taking one seemingly theoretical concept and comparing it to another theoretical concept? I could be way off base, though.

Ok, but many people think all noise sounds the same and I believe it's just because they haven't heard a lot of it to differenciate the bands. The fact that much of it is not or less organized rhythmically than most music is just like how the vocals in rap, sampling, scratching, chopping, and screwing in rap is completely different. The composition of rap is made completely different than other genres.
Old 06.30.2007, 10:53 PM   #57
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
I understand what Inhuman is saying with the dub/rap comparison. Friends of mine have complained that hip hop albums sound too same-ish, they can't really differentiate between each track because they're not accustomed to the sound.

When I first heard a dub record I felt the same way, really interesting sound but track after track it was very similar.
Casual noise listeners might say the same about Merzbow (which is far from true) and Whitehouse (which is close to the truth but still, WHITEHOUSE RULE!!)
Old 06.30.2007, 10:58 PM   #58
vulva
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Ok, but many people think all noise sounds the same and I believe it's just because they haven't heard a lot of it to differenciate the bands. The fact that much of it is not or less organized rhythmically than most music is just like how the vocals in rap, sampling, scratching, chopping, and screwing in rap is completely different. The composition of rap is made completely different than other genres.
don't get me wrong, I agree with you completely. I just was feeling a bit like being an asshole at the time.
That said, every genre of music has diversity within it. For anyone to lump one genre as sounding entirely identical to every artist within it, is just ignorant.
Old 07.01.2007, 03:44 PM   #59
matt74m
little trouble girl

matt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I could never give a flying fuck about anythijg 2Pac rapped about. I just could give a fuck about west coast cali bullshit.

I'll stick with PE and Rakim and Gangstarr and de la and tribe and all that old shit.

I am an old fart

I guess I'm an old fart too then. I lost interest in rap when the 'Gangsta' thing took over, bunch of idiots rapping about poping caps and f***ing ho's, yawn.

Still, I down loaded an old Tribe Called Quest album I use to own the other day and it went down really well, the lyrics were much more intelligent in my day!

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of Lakim Shabazz's Pure Righteousness? Use to love that album.
matt74m is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2007, 04:36 PM   #60
Inhuman
invito al cielo

As much as I like All Eyez on Me, I still prefer:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth