Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.03.2018, 03:43 PM   #10121
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Pens.

Literally shaking. This is a new era. A new generation. The power of positivity is there.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2018, 03:53 PM   #10122
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
never any doubt
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2018, 03:53 PM   #10123
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
congrats, ingleses!

toldja it would be tuff but you made it
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2018, 03:57 PM   #10124
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking get in. Fcukign!!

Old 07.03.2018, 04:01 PM   #10125
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Fucking get in. Fcukign!!
i think you were on delayed signal?

but hey you must be getting shitfaced in the streets now

ANYWAY

the swedes made me a mint today but i left 7 points on the bench with my failure to do boost bench.

even without that, ospina gave me -1 (2) vs muslera (3)

cuadrado scored only 4 cuz his assist got a -1

shit im going to need a lot of substitutions for next week
Old 07.03.2018, 04:05 PM   #10126
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Haha no just busy jumping around the room and going mental! We made that harder work than it should have been and we all know that

Old 07.03.2018, 04:11 PM   #10127
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Save of the tournament

Old 07.03.2018, 04:19 PM   #10128
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
We made that harder work than it should have been and we all know that

lol no, i really don’t think so— that’s arrogance

THEY made that harder work than you were expecting

while england was definitely superior on the first half, i thought colombia did better at the end of the 2nd half and during overtime.

it was a close shave, and colombia just sucked on one penalty more than you did.

one thing is to have your shot stopped by the keeper, but hitting the goalpost is unacceptable in these situations. whatsisname from colombia fucked up.

anyway, now you face sweden—but without zlatan! those are decent odds
Old 07.03.2018, 05:08 PM   #10129
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
lol no, i really don’t think so— that’s arrogance

THEY made that harder work than you were expecting

Er, no. I was actually expecting them to start playing football before the last 10 minutes of the 90, when they were on the brink and had no choice. I was expecting more from them than mere cynicism and last minute desperation. Of course, I was also expecting England to lose their heads the moment they came under pressure, and that bit did live up to expectation, but fortunately the better team over the 120 minutes won.
Old 07.03.2018, 05:49 PM   #10130
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Er, no. I was actually expecting them to start playing football before the last 10 minutes of the 90, when they were on the brink and had no choice. I was expecting more from them than mere cynicism and last minute desperation. Of course, I was also expecting England to lose their heads the moment they came under pressure, and that bit did live up to expectation, but fortunately the better team over the 120 minutes won.
i think you’re going to have a bias and be in a media bubble that sees colombia’s fouls as “dirty tactics” and england’s fouls as “manful challenges”. there were no holy saints on the pitch today, and when colombia was dirty they got cards and a penalty against them. so did england (minus the penalty), and so the game was shit for a good chunk.

as for the disappointment with colombia’s form: yes, they were too deep on defense for my taste, created too few opportunities and squandered most of the precious few they had. but with that, the only goal they allowed was from a penalty, so consider that in advance of the swedish match cuz they could really park the bus today (i’m sure southgate will).

you’re saying england was rattled— i don’t know their faces but i didn’t see them rattled to me. i just saw them tired. at that point in the game colombia had (briefly) gained control of the game already. it was bacca coming in for quintero that started to changed things. then uribe, then muriel— pékerman waited too long. mistakenly.

for me it was colombia that seemed rattled most of the game. all the set pieces and corners they conceded were, to me, a sign of nerves. been saying so all day. so was their fouling and cealess delay of the game. that’s who was rattled. especially at the end of the first half, shit.

but the game lasted 120 minutes not 45 or 60, so by the end when england was tired, the threat of speed was no longer there, and then colombia had better control of the ball and better chances, and could have flipped the tortilla at any moment. there was even a corner that the ref missed near the end, but we’ll never know. also—vardy couldn’t do shit.

colombia sure played a shitty game, but england wasn’t great even when they had the upper hand. colombia wasn’t panama.

kane was great though. he doesn’t just score, he creates chances, im thoroughly impressed with the guy.

your team as a whole—not so much right now. but their initial speed! playing like that, they need to close it early of they will suffer. the other thing is, this is their first serious challenge since probably the last euros, so they could grow stronger from the experience and gel in time for the final.

early defence looked very good, but colombia did not attack in numbers then, so watch out for the swedish counters.
Old 07.03.2018, 06:18 PM   #10131
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think you’re going to have a bias to see colombia’s fouls as “dirty tactics” and england’s fouls as “manful challenges”.

If you thought England (who I'm certainly not painting as whiter than white) were as cynical and negative as Colombia tonight then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
consider that in advance of the swedish match.

Sweden will be very difficult. I'm hoping we beat them, obviously, and believe we can but no more than I also believe they're capable of beating us. I respect them. I respected Colombia too, until tonight.

Quote:
you’re saying england was rattled— i don’t know their faces but i didn’t see them rattled. i just saw them tired. at that point in the game colombia had gained control of the game. it was bacca coming in for quintero that changed things.

Again, have to agree to disagree.
Old 07.03.2018, 06:36 PM   #10132
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
If you thought England (who I'm certainly not painting as whiter than white) were as cynical and negative as Colombia tonight then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

well no, obviously they were not the same. early on england was on the attack and colombia was there to defend and destroy their game instead of playing their own, so they played negatively. but i don’t think they were as outrageous as you feel they were. that headbutt was a retaliation for a henderson elbow, for example. our beloved chiellini might have done the same. and henderson neymar’d it some (no somersaults though). this is the game. but i think you felt this way because your team was on the creative side.

Quote:
Sweden will be very difficult. I'm hoping we beat them, obviously, and believe we can but no more than I also believe they're capable of beating us. I respect them. I respected Colombia too, until tonight.

well i was originally addressing h8kurdt who said “we made it harder than it needed to be” etc. as if it was england’s choice or prerogative to end up with this result.

my point was that it wasn’t.

respect or not, agree or disagree with tactics or style, colombia could have very well legally beat you on the extra time because by then they had gained the upper hand with a change in tactics. and your defense wasn’t what it had been earlier.

and funny thing to add here: i was just watching telemundo’s commentary (i watched the game on fox, which was pro-england) and the telemundo commentators are all up in arms complaining about the bad ref and how that penalty wasn’t really a penalty because it began with a slap from kane and they all fell bla bla bla etc. they even have the ref from the 2006 world cup final saying it’s debatable but he wouldn’t have called it.

ha ha ha ha ha!

see. everyone has their bias.

apparently pékerman was also complaining about the ref in his press conference. im gonna go hear what he said.

but anyway—congrats man, you’ve passed the biggest hurdle so far. enjoy your party!
Old 07.03.2018, 06:54 PM   #10133
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- pékerman was saying that they were all afraid of having the whistle blown on them, because they knew that england was a threat on set pieces. they were also all confused that they no longer know what’s called and what’s not called as foul in this world cup. apparently i guess they felt the ref was trigger happy.

read something similar in an argentina newspaper who called geiger... what was the world... something like “oversensitive”. ps- they pointed out he’s american lolol.

anyway only one team won so... water under the bridge.

my favorite ref in this world cup is the dutch de kuypers. pure class as far as i’ve seen. commanding, fair, on top of everything, solid performer all around.
Old 07.03.2018, 09:05 PM   #10134
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
they were also all confused that they no longer know what’s called and what’s not called as foul in this world cup.

Yeah, well it's probably safest to start with the assumption that headbutting an opponent isn't gonna fall into that grey area - especially if they were instructed to err on the side of caution in front of a supposedly 'trigger-happy' referee who they were apparently worried would blow the whistle on them. Delaying a penalty for three minutes (while having players taking turns scuffing the penalty spot) is another obvious sign of a team intimidated by the referee (who actually looked to me like he'd lost control of the game almost from the get-go).

You're only relaying this to show us what a prat Peckerman is, right? I mean obviously nobody who actually watched the game could take his version of events even remotely seriously.

Anyway, they're going home, where they can spin their bullshit all they want while the rest of the world forgets all about them.

Bye bye Colombia. Nice beating you.

Old 07.03.2018, 09:44 PM   #10135
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

LMAO there he is crying. what the fuck did i tell you? pussy! he’s a big baby.

then again quintero did not measure up today. that was a great shame. james’ playmaking and shooting were sorely missed (coulda woulda shoulda was gonna...)

anyway, regarding refereeing, and sneaky plays, the VAR has changed things for sure. for the best i think. sure there are controversial calls still but regarding h8kurdt’s sense that “this is the funnest world cup”, skipping all the national preferences and hatreds, i have to say— this is the world cup i’ve seen with the least amount of referee controversies. it’s like 99% more acurate.

say you used to have 10% bad calls.

now that 10% gets reviewed, and say 10% of that is still a bad call— it amounts to 1% of the whole game that gets fucked.

yes there is a bit of delay but not too outrageous. i’m mostly satisfied with the implementation of the technology so far.

that being said the american ref was fucking shit. i do not believe like some partisans that he favored the english. but man was he a fucking pointless turd with no leadership or presence.

apparently he’s a math nerd. by which i mean: lacks personality on the pitch. google him, he’s the one who reportedly asked for ronaldo’s shirt. LOL!

fucking MLS...

de kuypers would not have allowed that.

anyway, , i hope dekuypers refs the final. if we had a betting pool for refs, he’d be my winner for getting to the final. pure fucking class.

as for pékerman: he’s now a broken-hearted old man who could not take the tension of the penalties. not sure if you saw him but he was truly suffering. he’s a good man but i think he’s past the age to handle these stresses. i don’t feel like twisting the knife in his gut. have some mercy for your fallen opponents, lol. he was clearly distraught. grieving people do tend to mumble incoherences.

but not for james cuz he’s just fucking funny with his big wet baby eyes haa haa haa.

ok. so. i was just pointing out to a whole continent having a different take on this story. don’t be so fucking british! other people live outside your island you know. and yes they count. and you have your own distortions as well—one day somebody else might mock them.

so i hope you don’t turn american in branding all your enemies as “evil”. cuz you know the usa nevers fights just regular enemies— it only fight metaphysical evil, lmao. communism is evil. saddam is evil (but who put him there). bin laden is evil (but who trained him). evil everywhere. eeeeeevil!

making colombia evil... is ridiculous.

alright. on with the story!
Old 07.03.2018, 10:52 PM   #10136
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

dammit, i got curious about what the world thought of the game.

marca had a stream of consciousness too long to translate

o globo (brazil)... if i understood the portuguese correctly, this article claims that the english distate for simulation... is a simulation

https://oglobo.globo.com/esportes/en...terra-22848966

curious to hear the dutch/belgian/french/slovakian perspective

le monde praises southgate’s training at penalties, calls the colombian defense on first half “solid”, agrees it was a clear penalty, remarks that the game distinguised itself more for its yellow cards than for its quality, and generally remains “fair and balanced” as they say: https://www.lemonde.fr/mondial-2018/...2_5193650.html
Old 07.04.2018, 07:00 AM   #10137
demonrail666
invito al cielo

e-Globo (translate)' Maguire in a surreal performance who would shame the Monty Python guys '

Says more about their own rather narrow, cliched view of the English than anything else. Funny how they fail to mention that straight after that 'performance' he went to the referee and told him not to award a penalty. But ya know, anything to fit the narrative.

Anyway, I get the feeling any further comment I make about this will just be dismissed as English arrogance or bias. I'd like to think it isn't, that I'm actually a bit better than that, but apparently not. All I'll say is if Colombia had beaten us, I'd have supported Sweden against them, then if it came to it, Croatia and Brazil or any team left. Christ, I'd have even supported Germany against this Colombia side. Interpret that how you will.
Old 07.04.2018, 07:03 AM   #10138
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
VIDEO: Young Kids Hilariously Imitate Neymar's Antics on Being Tackled or Fouled

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2018, 07:53 AM   #10139
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Symbols, your comment about how actually Colombia made it harder for themselves is nonsense. Fact is England let in a goal from the only corner by them. A corner that should have been defended better. England deserved to win by a country mile, and it's just that from that stupid mistake took us to get to penalties.

I watched the first half again you'd be mad to think that Colombia didn't delve into any tactics to get a rise out of the players. Not saying g that England were whiter than white, but they were saints compared to people like Cuadrado etc

Old 07.04.2018, 07:56 AM   #10140
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
e-Globo (translate)' Maguire in a surreal performance who would shame the Monty Python guys '

Says more about their own rather narrow, cliched view of the English than anything else. Funny how they fail to mention that straight after that 'performance' he went to the referee and told him not to award a penalty. But ya know, anything to fit the narrative.

Anyway, I get the feeling any further comment I make about this will just be dismissed as English arrogance or bias. I'd like to think it isn't, that I'm actually a bit better than that, but apparently not. All I'll say is if Colombia had beaten us, I'd have supported Sweden against them, then if it came to it, Croatia and Brazil or any team left. Christ, I'd have even supported Germany against this Colombia side. Interpret that how you will.

And this.

How many players do you.know that would actually tell the ref that it wasn't meant to be a pen? Not many I suspect.

No denying that Colombia and Uruguay are the two dirtiest teams in this world cup. Add that to Brazil's love of theatrics and the cliche that they're playing the most attractive football falls pretty flat.

407457497504505506 507 508509510517557607 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth