Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Boycott The White Stripes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2007, 02:43 AM   #121
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I am just annoyed that this guy, comes here and calls us stupid, or whatnot, because we can't agree with him.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 02:45 AM   #122
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
You're right - sorry. :contrite:

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 02:49 AM   #123
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I am just annoyed that this guy, comes here and calls us stupid, or whatnot, because we can't agree with him.

Let him think what he wants. Don't let yourself get upset about it.
Old 07.29.2007, 02:50 AM   #124
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, anyways, this is the internet, jesters can have their opinions here as well.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 08:58 AM   #125
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
The guy seems to have deserted us as a punishment for our failing is test. Which is a shame, as I saw Scissor Sisters last night and they were excellent, AND they played over ninety minutes. I was going to recommend that he goes to see them next time. They were probably a damn sight more fun than Jack 'n' Meg too.

There a bright stage light that shone in my eyes sometimes though, which spoiled my enjyment a little bit, and I did wonder about asking you all to boycott Scssor Sisters because of that. But, hey, they's the breaks.

The three Scissor Sisters shows were bloody good. Very clever production. Its unusual for a band to play three shows back to back like that, they normally do two on one off. What did you think of the O2 as a venue?
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 03:03 AM   #126
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Once we were in the arena, the O2 was good, but the bit where all the restaurants are was total chaos. We were in the standing area, and the signs to the entrances to that part were pointed in all different directions. And the tube station isn't really up to dealing with the number of people that are going to be pouring out of the place at the end of a show - we left early to avoid that, otherwise we'd probably have still been stuck in a queue for the tube when our last train home was leaving Waterloo.

The transport side of things is a bit annoying, but not enough to make me want to boycott the place - I've just bought to see Prince there in September.

Old 07.30.2007, 05:09 AM   #127
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Jack White gives major props to the Stooges in the remastered version of Fun House.
Old 07.30.2007, 08:37 AM   #128
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Once we were in the arena, the O2 was good, but the bit where all the restaurants are was total chaos. We were in the standing area, and the signs to the entrances to that part were pointed in all different directions. And the tube station isn't really up to dealing with the number of people that are going to be pouring out of the place at the end of a show - we left early to avoid that, otherwise we'd probably have still been stuck in a queue for the tube when our last train home was leaving Waterloo.

The transport side of things is a bit annoying, but not enough to make me want to boycott the place - I've just bought to see Prince there in September.

Allegedly the tube station is meant to be able to handle 30,000 people an hour. Where it goes wrong is when British Transport Police control entry instead of the regular TFL staff

The fastest way to get out of there are the river ferries that go down as far as Putney

The O2 has its own pier and ferries just outside the venue

The signage over the whole site is a nightmare, thats the thing that really needs addressing and fast

The upside is the acoustics in the place (subject to the competance of tour sound engineers) is bloody excellent and beats Wembley hands down

I am working the Prince shows, should be good fun. I cant see me lasting all 21 nights though
Old 07.30.2007, 09:04 AM   #129
sonicl
invito al cielo

Thanks for the tip on the river ferries. I'll make use of that for the Prince show.

I agree on the acoustics. We were by the sound desk, and it was crystal clear.

I assume you're working there as a steward or something, are you?
Old 07.30.2007, 03:48 PM   #130
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
boycott the white stripes??????????? ha, you nuts or something...

let me tell you, i drove up to dublin from home (about 180miles, not much for american but ireland isa small place) to see the fall a couple of years ago. i got to the gig, saw the support act, waited for about 45 minutes and then 2 fall guys appeared on stage and walked off, another hour passed and the crowd were getting restless, and me bored as i was driving i couldnt even drink. steve the guitarist got on stage and said "sorry, we are ruunning late, we cant find mark!". another hour passed and still no show. it was now 1 am, i had to be in work the next day for 6 am. i left 30 minutes later still with no show from mark.......

... so sorry mate, at least you have seen the stripes in yr lifetime, i havent!
Old 07.30.2007, 03:50 PM   #131
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
You're in your 40's?

My dad is in his 40's...

And if my dad was complaining about something so stupid as this, I'd punch him in his balls while he was boning my fat mom.

ha ha!!! jeez i just ead the rest of the thread! what the fuck??? jeez man id like to have my problems that well addressed.......
Old 07.30.2007, 04:32 PM   #132
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Is it just me or does Lindsay Lohan look like "cantankerous".
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 04:39 PM   #133
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Thanks for the tip on the river ferries. I'll make use of that for the Prince show.

I agree on the acoustics. We were by the sound desk, and it was crystal clear.

No I have two contracts at The O2, basically I supply and run the enforcement team there and all of the security in IndigO2

I've been a personal security operative globally for 24 years and am coming to the end of my lifespan in that field

Hence more time in the UK and differing roles such as enforcement and anti counterfeiting
Old 07.30.2007, 04:49 PM   #134
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i never thopught lindsay lohan was hot until i bsaw her coked up in truioble wioth the ,lawe and now I cannot get my hard cock to go down for it thinks of her all cold and lonely in riso with hjer well0used pusssyayayyyy
Old 07.30.2007, 04:52 PM   #135
sonicl
invito al cielo

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
No I have two contracts at The O2, basically I supply and run the enforcement team there and all of the security in IndigO2

I've been a personal security operative globally for 24 years and am coming to the end of my lifespan in that field

Hence more time in the UK and differing roles such as enforcement and anti counterfeiting

Mere words cannot express the depth of my embarrassment
Old 07.30.2007, 04:58 PM   #136
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Mere words cannot express the depth of my embarrassment

No biggy, I started off as a bouncer a long time ago

There are aftershows going on in IndigO2 for the Prince shows most nights, not sure how many of them the Purple Pain is going to but let me know if you want to get in when you are there

It will be mostly industry liggers so be warned
Old 07.30.2007, 05:01 PM   #137
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
never has such a cool title to a thread ("boycott shitty band" -- hell yeah, i'd love to!) begat such an uncool discussion ("wahh shitty band only played 70 shitty minutes instead of 120! i looked at my watch the WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!"). boo.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 05:04 PM   #138
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
i'm with that...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth