Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page records you have but haven't listened to yet
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
- Zaireeka by The Flaming Lips
- I Want My Crown: the Anthology, 1973-1980 by Kevin Coyne

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 09:25 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I have only listened to 700 of my 750 nurse with wound albums.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I have only listened to 700 of my 750 nurse with wound albums.

less than 10% unlistened, not bad considering the amount

Old 07.03.2010, 04:32 AM   #4
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'd say a good quarter of my CD collection I've never listened to even once, all the way through. Some of it's still in the cellophane. I'm always ordering stuff off amazon when I'm drunk and then wonder why I suddenly find myself in possession of a Toto box set a couple of days later. Toto, ffs!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 04:43 AM   #5
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

^^ haha, yeah, drunkenness, money and the internet don't mix well at all

Old 07.03.2010, 04:50 AM   #6
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I've got several albums on wax I've never listened to, being that I still buy 'em even though my turntable crapped out ages ago.

Everything by the Stooges

Some NY dolls Live in Paris record

Tons of SY stuff (some of which was inherited to me by a deceased friend, so I'll likely never listen to them...wishing that they remain in the same condition they were in last time J. listened to them)

Pharoah Sanders - Izipho Zam (Really hate that I haven't had the chance to listen to this one)

Blade Runner sountrack

Some other random things I can't remember.

All my cd's have been listened to, sans tons of burned shit. used to have a terrible habit of getting drunk and downloading every SY + Nirvana live show i could find. I thought I was documenting something, but all I was really doing was creating a big mess to tote around every time I move. Oh well, they've made for good B-day presents for friends.
Old 07.03.2010, 05:13 AM   #7
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Oh well, they've made for good B-day presents for friends.

Really? Burnt CDs of bootlegs? I doubt they turned many of your friends into SY fans. I could be wrong.

Old 07.03.2010, 05:23 AM   #8
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau
Really? Burnt CDs of bootlegs? I doubt they turned many of your friends into SY fans. I could be wrong.

They were/are already fans....

It's kinda a tradition, every year Lacey gets a couple books (I'll purchase these as I'm not a total cheapo), and a few SY bootlegs I throw in for fun.

Shawn (Lacey's boyfriend) get's either mix tapes or Nirvana bootlegs...and I'll usually buy him books as well.
Old 07.03.2010, 11:25 AM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
That one Times New Viking a;lbum with No Time No Hope. or seomthin' like that.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2010, 06:57 PM   #10
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Not records, and usually I never do this. I would buy a record and listen to it immediately, I was going to make a post about how this thread makes no sense. But it does in the terms of downloading because you can get music faster than listen to it.

That said, I just downloaded...and havent listened to...

Negativland-Escape from Noise

Devo- Freedom of Choice

Wipers- Over the edge

Silverchairs - Young Modern Station (if u like baroque pop, its amazing. Not ashamed)

Wu Tang- enter the wu (36 chambers)

Silver Apples - S/T

Entire pixies catalogue (never had the live stuff and only had a few songs off tromp and boss)

Safe As Milk and Trout Mask (ive heard songs but not the entire albums)

Breeders POD (heard all the songs b4 but never had them on my computer)

Posies-Frosting on the beater

and I believe that's it, maybe missing one or two...

Im about to download

The Fall- I am Kurious Orange
and The Fall -bend sinister

so Ive heard a bit of these but most of them havent listened to yet...gonna be a FUN night!
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 03:39 AM   #11
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
There's about 15 that I have never listened to, and probably more than 30 which I have half listened to as I've been going to sleep. I also have a problem with listening to the second disc if there is one.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 04:08 AM   #12
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
i have a bunch of 45s i've never touched, really. they were my mom's. i've spun some of the things i already knew i guess. it's mostly late fifties/early sixties pop and some soul...

tons of stuff just sittin' in my itunes.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2010, 06:16 PM   #13
Newfoundland
bad moon rising

Newfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's asses
Basshaters tape

New Monuments s/t lp on Important

Lucio Capece/Lee Patterson -Empty matter

Probably more, but cant remember..
Newfoundland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2010, 06:20 PM   #14
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I've played some albums just the once and never felt the urge to play them again.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth