Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Need help finding a photo
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.26.2020, 06:33 AM   #1
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Hey guys,

So years and years ago when I used to come on here a ton I remember seeing a photo of a Church message board that someone had rearranged the letters on so that it said "Fuck Smashing Pumpkins, Pavement Rules, Range Life Bitch".
Someone was using it as their signature at the bottom of all of their posts so I remember seeing it all the time.
Now I can't find it anywhere...?
Anyone have it?
I want to get it printed on a T Shirt and wear it to Primavera next summer

Sonic Love to you all!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2020, 07:55 AM   #2
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Offtopic, but Moshe, greenlight and myself are going to Primavera next year as well, so we can make a meetup.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2020, 08:14 AM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha hey!

that sounds like maybe ripfrey? im not sure. he”s probably a lawyer now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2020, 08:53 AM   #4
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Offtopic, but Moshe, greenlight and myself are going to Primavera next year as well, so we can make a meetup.

Oh fuck yes! That would be awesome! I will PM you my contact details
Old 06.26.2020, 09:00 AM   #5
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hahaha hey!

that sounds like maybe ripfrey? im not sure. he”s probably a lawyer now.

I'm just glad someone else remembers it! I have spent hours on google images trying to find it, and even managed to get back into my teenage Photobucket account thinking I might have saved it in there. I have come to the conclusion that whoever was posting it on here as their signature back in the day must have taken the photo themselves.
Old 06.26.2020, 09:48 AM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
I'm just glad someone else remembers it! I have spent hours on google images trying to find it, and even managed to get back into my teenage Photobucket account thinking I might have saved it in there. I have come to the conclusion that whoever was posting it on here as their signature back in the day must have taken the photo themselves.
yeah, ripfrey used to say “bitch” a lot yeeeeeears before jesse pinkman
Old 06.26.2020, 10:26 AM   #7
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking hell, a stranger enters the room

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2020, 10:30 AM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
i hear bear girl was here
Old 06.26.2020, 10:36 AM   #9
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:

Hey man!!

How are you?
I met Thurston Moore last year!
Old 06.26.2020, 11:50 AM   #10
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Hey man!!

How are you?
I met Thurston Moore last year!

All's well and good here. Life's actually going pretty well right now. Everything alright on your end? Still in the land of Brum?

Haha! Well done. Hope it went better than when I did. Where did you see him?

Old 06.26.2020, 12:10 PM   #11
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
All's well and good here. Life's actually going pretty well right now. Everything alright on your end? Still in the land of Brum?

Haha! Well done. Hope it went better than when I did. Where did you see him?

I’ve been living in Brighton since 2015 which is a major upgrade. Loving the beach and all the record shops.

What happened when you met him?
I met him after a screening of the Daydream Nation live show film by Lance Bangs. He was so so so lovely to me, it was absolutely perfect. I watched him signing everyone’s records and T Shirts and posters and he was just signing his name on them. When it was my turn and I showed him my SY tattoo and asked him to sign my first pressing of Daydream Nation he signed it and then went back and wrote “Love” on it. And I just about died.
So now my fucking first pressing of Daydream Nation says “Love, Thurston” on it. I mean. WOW. Life complete?
Old 06.26.2020, 01:18 PM   #12
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Brighton? Niceeee. One of those places I always kept meaning to go to.

Ah, it's not much. It was before their London gig for the sonic nurse tour (it was only five years ago, right?). I had this beat up BIC Biro which was basically the ink tube bit. He looked at it baffled and just goes "nice pen, dude". Me being a totally nervous teenager just nervously blurted "ha...yeah..." It was an exhilarating conversation that he probably forgot as soon as he went through the backstage door.

Life won't be complete until you get Kim to sign before "love".

Old 06.26.2020, 01:41 PM   #13
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Brighton? Niceeee. One of those places I always kept meaning to go to.

Ah, it's not much. It was before their London gig for the sonic nurse tour (it was only five years ago, right?). I had this beat up BIC Biro which was basically the ink tube bit. He looked at it baffled and just goes "nice pen, dude". Me being a totally nervous teenager just nervously blurted "ha...yeah..." It was an exhilarating conversation that he probably forgot as soon as he went through the backstage door.

Life won't be complete until you get Kim to sign before "love".

Kim is the only one I haven’t met now, but I’m going to make it happen one day. I’m sure you have told me that story before, as soon as you mentioned the beat up BIC Biro I was like “oh man, I remember this”. When I met Lee it went pretty badly, he was rude to me and Danny_himself.
You should definitely come to Brighton for a visit, it’s great! Let me know if you do and we can get a beer.
Old 07.06.2020, 03:10 AM   #14
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Lee was rude to you? Wow. I met him once too and he was the nicest dude ever.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.06.2020, 05:59 AM   #15
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah, lets meet up with screamingskull @ Primavera 2021

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2020, 06:30 AM   #16
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:

He was similar with me. However, in his defence it was at ATP and he seemed keen to go and see a band that was due on.

He did take a rushed picture of my tattoo so he couldn't have been that bad.

Old 07.08.2020, 01:42 PM   #17
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:

I mean yeah, he just had no time for us and made us feel bad for having recognised him and for wanting to talk to him. I have met Thurston and Steve and they were both LOVELY though. Maybe I just caught Lee at a bad moment.
Old 07.09.2020, 12:21 AM   #18
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I mean yeah, he just had no time for us and made us feel bad for having recognised him and for wanting to talk to him. I have met Thurston and Steve and they were both LOVELY though. Maybe I just caught Lee at a bad moment.

Here's to hoping.

In moments if I manage to recognize someone famous, I never know how to actually react.
Old 07.09.2020, 02:12 AM   #19
_slavo_
invito al cielo

I met all four of them at various occassions, and, with the exception of Kim who was a bit distant, all three guys were super friendly. However, being an awkward shy fan, I never spoke to them more than a few words.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.09.2020, 12:46 PM   #20
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
When I met Thurston he kissed me and he said that everything is going to be ok. I believe him.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth