Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page I had a Sonic dream last night
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.28.2012, 07:10 PM   #21
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
3rd post in a row for me in this thread.

I dreamed last night that I attended a Lee Ranaldo gig in gothenburg, I was drunk and my whole family was there.
Wierdly when I woke up I thought that gig actually happened so I opened SY-gossip this morning to write about how awesome the gig was and then realised it was just a dream, lol!
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2012, 02:46 AM   #22
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Something like that happened to me once at my old apt. I was trying to fall asleep in bed. I left my ipod playing through my amp to help. As I lay there, at the side of my bed stood a dark figure. It was womanlike and was dressed in a long black dress type thing. Maybe it was just the darkness but I/m pretty sure it was black. I was thinking to myself "HOLY.FUCKING. SHIT." I had no idea what was going on but I knew it wasn't real. Then I just remember this scaryass bitch thing on top of me and it being intense. Like she was shaking me and yelling satanic gibberish but I can't really remember. I just remember her eyes. They were human eyes, but scary. Then it was just gone. I just laid there thinkin what the fuckin shit just happened. I could still hear my music playing. Most frightening experience of my life.

I later found out about something called old hag syndrome. Turns out it happens to a lot of people which is also weird.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2012, 04:58 AM   #23
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Sleep paralysis used to happend to me a lot when I had serious problem with my sleep (I still have but it's better nowdays).
It's fuucked up..
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2012, 07:51 PM   #24
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Pelle I've always had trouble with sleep moreso back then now that I think of it. And yeah, foreverasskiss I was paralyzed. But awake. I remember trying to yell my roommates name but all that came out was a faint whisper. I just wanted that shit to end and didn't know what to do so I just looked at the bitch right in her eyes and said to her yr not real yr not real and then it was gone.
Old 04.29.2012, 07:57 PM   #25
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

I've also had two or three lucid dreams but I was a kid. Haven't had any in a while though. Those are the ones wher yr aware yr in a dream, right? Those are fucking sick. I also flew very recently for the first time in a dream. I could never fly in my dreams. I'd always float up a little and it'd be kind of jerky then I'd fall but this time I was above the city sky and could control myself. Felt awesome.
Old 03.30.2013, 08:03 AM   #26
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Had one last night.

A small venue in a big city.

I'm hanging out and in walks Thurston and some other musicians. They set up on stage. This was a surprise to the handful of us who were there. Not sure what we were expecting.

I seem to remember a large woman playing the cello and a drummer. They start to play a New Order song--can't remember which one.

There isn't much of a crowd.

But there's a technical issue and the show ends. Thurston and his musicians, some fans and hanger-ons sit around a large table and shoot the shit.

I am furious I don't have a camera with me or a recording device to capture the moment, and I consider rushing "home" to get it. But I don't want the dream to get derailed, so I sit there and try to commit everything to memory.

This is the wild part:

Thurston takes a photo out of his wallet and passes it around. "This is the girl I've been seeing for a decade," he explains.

We all do the math, but none of us says anything.

Except these two hipster girls at the end of the table. They start shouting at him: "You've been keeping a girl on the side and haven't shared with us?"

Thurston and the girls obviously have some weird sexual arrangement, and have for a while.

It stops being fun. I finally decide to go home to get a reality-capturing device. Sure enough, once I leave the venue the dream goes into a new chapter, something to do with my college years, and I leave Thurston part of the dream behind.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2013, 02:33 PM   #27
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
I had a dream about watching a gig in an empty theatre - all seats - and the band was this weird tuba music. Kind of improv I guess
And then Lee came along and sat next to me all casual with his feet up on the seat in front and told me how much he loved the band
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2013, 02:43 PM   #28
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
I think I should start a tuba improv project
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2013, 09:56 PM   #29
stateyourrights
empty page

stateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's asses
I had a sonic dream in the summer. I woke early, turned some music on, and went back to sleep. In the dream, thurston, kim, lee, and me were walking down my street. thurston and lee were playing guitar to a song called "the flying cloud" by dinosoar jr. and me and kim were playing the harmonica for some reason. It was awesome. me and kim shared the harmonica.
stateyourrights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2013, 10:35 AM   #30
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
These thoughts are old
Let's keep it cold
Dry lines on me
Dry history
Dryology

That stupid sound
That awful feel
Don't bring them down
And it never will
No it never will
No it never will
No it never will

Hard to believe
That after all this time
That after all this I'm
Still me

No one wants to hear
What you dreamt about unless you dreamt about them
Don't let that stop you
Tell them anyway
And you can make it up as you go
I'm already gone now
You were outside just waiting
I'm already nothing
You just noticed me fading
It takes a lot to make me crazy
And a lot is always going on
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2013, 09:05 AM   #31
McDrago
empty page

McDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's asses
Had my second sonic dream last night. First one featured Thurston, but I can't remember it very well. Lee was in this one. He was staying in my grandparents' house. We then went to a waterpark, and he was smoking a lot of weed. Can't remember all the details.
McDrago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2013, 10:42 AM   #32
McDrago
empty page

McDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's assesMcDrago kicks all y'all's asses
As I was taking a shower, I began to wake up and recall my dream. Lee was staying in my grandparents' house. We decided to go to a waterpark, which was pretty much just a playground with water being sprayed everywhere. Lee had indeed smoked a lot of weed, but that was not relevant to the waterpark scene. He was being interviewed on the playground, and I heard him say something similar to, "What's a guy gotta do to get a coffee around here?" Of course I didn't want to disappoint Lee, so I ran to the top of the wet playground where a coffee shop was located. I ordered Lee's coffee, but the person working the register was sick of his job, and quit. A woman replaced him, but she didn't get Lee's coffee either.
Scenes shifted after that to a western/cowboy type environment. Lee was still there, but he was dressed like a gunslinger. I can't remember what task we were given, but apparently there was some kind of trouble that needed attending to. I asked Lee to join me on this quest, but he refused. I then informed him that I'd supply him with weed if he helped me. This changed things, and we went off on some adventure that I can't quite recollect.
McDrago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth