Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Swans Live
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2013, 05:12 AM   #1
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
I've only recently started listening to Swans. I had heard some stuff I downloaded when I was a teenager but wasn't totally into it. Fast forward 10 years and I thought I'd give them another go. I have Soundtracks for the Blind and The Great Destroyer, both of which are really great. Need to check out the early stuff again stat.
Anyone planning to see them live? They are playing Edinburgh next month and I'm definitely going to go. My friend saw them in Glasgow last year and reported that it was sort of one of the most excruciating concert experiences of his life.
Old 07.16.2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
See them.

Kill The Child is a very good earlyish live album, also the Cop/Young God/Greed/Holy Money four for one is awesome.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2013, 12:26 PM   #3
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Just listen to The Seer. They've trumped every album they've ever done with that album.

They're incredible live too.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2013, 12:39 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Just listen to The Seer. They've trumped every album they've ever done with that album.

They're incredible live too.

I can't listen to Swans albums, really, but conversely I can't seem to STOP listening to The Seer. An epic record, it seems like they lived up to their most musical [e.g listenable] potential.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2013, 01:23 AM   #5
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
yeah dont miss the gig. you gonna have awesome fun.

i started listening to them late in my life as well and they clicked right away.
have seen them twice in a year -they tour much i think.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2013, 01:24 AM   #6
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
ah yeah, take your earplugs just in case.
i didnt put them on the 2nd time though.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I tried to justify buying a pitchfork ticket to catch the Swans/Low show, but it was hard, since I've seen both bands in the past 12 months, and I didn't really have the time to travel or the extra cash to make it sensible.

Still, I wish I'd just bought the fucking ticket. Swans are one of the great live bands of this era(and countless previous eras). Seeing them should be on everyone's live show bucket list.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2013, 12:13 PM   #8
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
So I went and saw me some Swans in Edinburgh last night and it was damned good. Free earplugs were being handed out but decided they weren't necessary, not the loudest thing I've ever seen. Bought Seer 2CD/DVD special tour edition then bumped into Michael Gira in the pub and got him to sign the damn thing. Awesome night.
Old 08.14.2013, 10:52 PM   #9
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
What's MG's poison? I'd take him to be a spirits man, rather than beer or wine.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2013, 03:16 PM   #10
whorefrost
invito al cielo

nope, he was on pints. He was drinking cans of Deuchars during the show!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth